Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2008, 04:21 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,465,430 times

Advertisements

Snowman, read the page before this one and see Ole Capt's post. Specifically tells someone that if they don't feel comfortable, then wait. Mentions falling prices, but gives his best opinion. I've been reading his posts for a couple of years and sure does seem to give good advice.
It's a shame you come on here and say this in your 10th post!! Are you related to Red Wing Fan???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 04:22 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,477,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman43 View Post
Well after reading most of olecapt's(realtor) posts it's clear realtors on here care more about making a sale then helping their clients.

How realtors can watch the market completely collapse around them for years telling poeple they should buy buy buy, is proof of what poeple will do for money.

Sorry, but certain people on here have undoubtably caused severe financial distress to many on this site over the last year or more. with there views of the housing market which are purely profit motivated.

PEOPLE go to unbiased professionals or at least get unbiased information at sites like -

www.mortgagebreakdown.com
www.bankrate.com
www.mortgage101.com
Sorry, but only individuals create their own financial distress. A realtor cannot tell you how to manage your money, nor are they your own personal financial advisor...

Old 09-05-2008, 04:23 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,465,430 times
My bad...3rd POST!!!!!! WOW

Old 09-05-2008, 04:24 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
My bad...3rd POST!!!!!! WOW
Yep snowball doesnt waste time passin out the insults.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:29 PM

6 posts, read 13,501 times
Default So sad

Actually, by "professionals" on this board not accepting their responsability for the BS they write on here, my point is proven. Certain people are not on here to help people, they are on here to get leads and make money.

While obviously no one is holding a gun to these peoples' head they sure do their best to push them towards the edge.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:42 PM

6 posts, read 13,501 times
Default Hi Gulferr

Why don't you try and read Olecapt's post over the last year. His tone for the last 2 years or more has been buy buy buy the market's great and has bottomed out. Amazingly we're still waiting for the bottom while the market continues to drop double digits.

He either doesn't care about people on here(since he's a realtor) or he's honestly had the same "opinion" which fro the last 2 years has been exactly the opposite of the truth.

Opinions are one thing, but when you're paid as a professional to help people by giving them UNBIASED information he and others on here sicken me.

Don't forget folks, have fun on here it's a great place to learn about an area. But, when it's time to spend a few hundred thousand more or less than this is not the place to find your trusted professional. Look towards friends & family plus the use of unbiased mortgage sites -

www.mortgage101 (broken link)
www.bankrate.com

Old 09-05-2008, 04:58 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times
Quote:
Why don't you try and read Olecapt's post over the last year. His tone for the last 2 years or more has been buy buy buy the market's great and has bottomed out. Amazingly we're still waiting for the bottom while the market continues to drop double digits
If you have read Olecapt's posts for over 2 years then you should know that he will come on here and ask you to provide the quotes that you are disputing and cite the sources to back them.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:54 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Why don't you try and read Olecapt's post over the last year. His tone for the last 2 years or more has been buy buy buy the market's great and has bottomed out. Amazingly we're still waiting for the bottom while the market continues to drop double digits.

He either doesn't care about people on here(since he's a realtor) or he's honestly had the same "opinion" which fro the last 2 years has been exactly the opposite of the truth.

Opinions are one thing, but when you're paid as a professional to help people by giving them UNBIASED information he and others on here sicken me.

Don't forget folks, have fun on here it's a great place to learn about an area. But, when it's time to spend a few hundred thousand more or less than this is not the place to find your trusted professional. Look towards friends & family plus the use of unbiased mortgage sites -

www.mortgage101
www.bankrate.com
What is your relationship with the Mortgage Break Down ? Note that advertising here is not allowed.

Cite a dozen or so of these posts where I have pushed buying. I and a number of other people would love to see them.

At this point I have no objection to buying. Six months ago it would have been only if you need to. But it nears the bottom and no big risk in buying. Then again no particular advantage to it either. I see the same or just about price for the months until spring. Then we see if the market is ready for a small rebound. I would not think until then...and maybe not then. We will see.

Every once in a while somebody barges in and starts shouting about reform and how people are being taken advantage of...Mostly though they turn out to be BS artists selling something.

So let us hear what you are about. Or do you ride the internet range with you six shooter loaded with silver bullets ready to shoot the miscreants?

Old 09-05-2008, 07:27 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,849,858 times
Quote:
Well after reading most of olecapt's(realtor) posts it's clear realtors on here care more about making a sale then helping their clients.

How realtors can watch the market completely collapse around them for years telling poeple they should buy buy buy, is proof of what poeple will do for money.

Sorry, but certain people on here have undoubtably caused severe financial distress to many on this site over the last year or more. with there views of the housing market which are purely profit motivated.

PEOPLE go to unbiased professionals or at least get unbiased information at sites like -

www.bankrate.com
www.mortgage101.com
1. I am not a Realtor.

2. I rarely post opinion, and if I do I always disclaimer with IMO (in my opinion). I mainly post data. If you disagree with the data I post, feel free to rebutt with data of your own.

3. I get zero leads from this site. My business is all referral based. I don't advertise.

4. I mainly deal in FHA loans for first time buyers. Almost all of my buyers have bought at price points that they were absolutely comfortable with, and their motivation was to have a roof over their head, not to maximize return. I have never had a buyer complain to me that I convinced them to buy when they should have waited. I've never had a buyer say to me that I caused "severe financial distress", because I haven't.

5. In my entire career I have originated one stated income loan. The reason the borrower went stated was because he had a substantial amount of income that we could not use for qualifying purposes due to tightening lending guidelines.

6. I have never originated an ARM, Option ARM, reverse mortgage, subprime ARM or fixed. I have never gotten involved with outfits like U First Financial (mortgage accelerator pyramid scheme). I originate FHA, VA, conventional, and the very rare jumbo loan.

7. Instead of saying "and others", why don't you call me out by name? It's obvious that I'm the other that you are talking about. I don't mind, my logic and reason will trump your saber rattling and assumption any day.

8. Exactly what experience do you have in the RE industry? Specifically in the Las Vegas metro market? Any, or do you get all of your information from opinion pieces on blog sites?

Old 09-06-2008, 02:45 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,689,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Snowman, read the page before this one and see Ole Capt's post. Specifically tells someone that if they don't feel comfortable, then wait. Mentions falling prices, but gives his best opinion. I've been reading his posts for a couple of years and sure does seem to give good advice.
It's a shame you come on here and say this in your 10th post!! Are you related to Red Wing Fan???
i miss RWF, her skewed views were really funny to argue and counterpoint...the facts that she claimed and her sources were so original...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas