Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 04:21 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times

Advertisements

the supermarket chains require that the employees ask if you need help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 05:14 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
Actually - the ADA is the impetus

Then there is the "Nordstroms" concept of customer service -

Old 10-19-2008, 05:30 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post

That's good. In Detroit, you are lucky if they even grunt a greeting much less anything else. I should say in the suburbs, because in Detroit there are no grocery stores or any other stores except liquor/party stores.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:34 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Actually - IMO Las Vegas generally is a pretty friendly place

Old 10-19-2008, 05:43 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
My opinion, that between the two places I travel to the most, NYC and So Cali area...Las Vegas folks are the more friendlier!

Perhaps the transplants who are here took friendly pills before they moved?

Old 10-19-2008, 05:58 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Either that or the ones that are in the other cities hate being there. As far as Detroit goes-I can understand why!

Old 10-19-2008, 09:28 PM

157 posts, read 560,411 times
Where was I.....

1st Decatur (north) setting in a lane that had to merge due to construction. Took 7 cars passing by to let me in and got the finger 2 times for attempting to slide over.

2nd Summerlin Costco, Yep someone got it right. Had my blinker on wanting to turn into a spot where car was pulling out. Whoops why would I think some wise guy would just turn from around the corner and whip in. I got out and nicely said didn't you see my blinker, he said sorry and smirked and walked away.

3rd Costco Gas Station

Finished pumping gas. Guy in front just started. I gently pulled around and then he backed his tail into the lane (his body) and stood 3 foot from his gas tank and would not let me pass

4th. Smiths on Rampart.

In cross walk with basket. Lady in black Lexus (no not an old lady a 40 something lady) just kept coming and I said hey and she said get out of my way. So help me if I had not though I would have ended up in jail I would have rammed her Lexus with my cart. I suddenly developed grocery cart rage.

5h. Outlet mall. Enough said. Everyone was rude as heck there. Had bags in my arms and they would not hold the door. What ever happened to anyone helping anyone with a simple door hold.

And the only service person that has been nice is the Cox cable guy who helped me bring a heavy box into the house.

I have yet to hear a thank you and in fact, I confronted the Smith checker and said how about Have a nice day or better yet THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING IN OUR STORE. Good grief. You Betcha (Got that from our future VP) I am going o get the heck out of here if I can find a job somewhere in the country. I really enjoyed my vacation to the south where they said thank you and were nice and not like I have found here.

I said the Cox guy was the only nice person. I should have mentioned the 3 card poker lady at Red Rock (Yep I ventured out) who was the most pleasant person I have ever come across. She smiled when she took my money and said thank you.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:00 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times
which outlet mall? if it was the premium outlets then of course, but the ones by my house, you don't really have to worry about the doors because all the stores are doorless (have gates instead)...

Old 10-20-2008, 07:10 PM

157 posts, read 560,411 times
It was the one by the World Trade Building off Charleston. I meant the doors to individual stores. I did not know there was more than one.

I forgot to mention that someone also stole the garbage can in front of my house. A cheap 6 dollar can. Oh Well Welcome to Vegas.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:59 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreeGal View Post
It was the one by the World Trade Building off Charleston. I meant the doors to individual stores. I did not know there was more than one.

I forgot to mention that someone also stole the garbage can in front of my house. A cheap 6 dollar can. Oh Well Welcome to Vegas.
Maybe you're getting what you expected to get. I'll tell you what a guy told me when I complained about Albuquerque like you are complaining about Las Vegas. It isn't better or worse than where you're from, it's just different. Most of us don't have the problems that you say your having so maybe you are unconsciously looking for trouble so that if you leave you'll be able to blame your failures on Las Vegas. We see it with all the Vegas bashers on here everyday. If you work you see it in the workplace everyday. People spreading generalities about how bad the company - boss- co-workers- customers are. My advise...chill. Sit back and enjoy the ride. It's a great place to live. See those people that bug you with the curiosity of watching a circus instead of with contempt, and you'll start laughing about it instead of letting it ruin your life. But keep in mind one thing when you see rude people. They mostly came from the northeast and other areas, and brought the same aggressive, nasty, rude attitudes of places like New York and New Jersey with them. Rude drivers are everywhere, but the rudest drivers in this country are in the east and south. You are making yourself sound like one of "them", when we all know you are really a nice person from previous postings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas