Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 05:22 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,815 times

Advertisements

LOL, it's so funny how Wal-Mart just brings out the crazies!!!!
Hey, do you guys have normal ol' Wal-Marts or Super Centers? I have to admit, Super Centers are preeeettty awesome.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:33 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,471,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I live on a quiet side street but it's always interesting to observe people's behavior. The other day there was a guy break dancing in front of Wal-Mart at Trop. and Pecos in the road. People were walking around him trying not to make eye contact and cars were trying to drive around him nearly hitting him.

Very true, and if he does it on a regular basis , he will become a Las Vegas cult hero, like Mr. Happy, the preacher who had residence on the corner and in the street of Ft. Apache and Sahara for many, many years. (he now does his thing for Josh Towbin out at the Valley Automall)

Vegas Happy Man on Sahara and Ft Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
LOL, it's so funny how Wal-Mart just brings out the crazies!!!!
Hey, do you guys have normal ol' Wal-Marts or Super Centers? I have to admit, Super Centers are preeeettty awesome.
We have SuperCenters and also Wal-Mart Neighborhood Marts (these are just grocery stores)

Old 06-15-2011, 05:54 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
We have SuperCenters and also Wal-Mart Neighborhood Marts (these are just grocery stores)
That's neat! I never saw or heard of those!

Old 06-15-2011, 05:59 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,234,786 times
Well everyone, the weather turned quick. 106 degrees right now and it is not fun in my apartment. I have the A/C set at 65 and it is hot as hell in here. The A/C has always worked fine, but obviously the small window unit is insufficient when it really gets hot. This is the final straw, I am going to have to move. I guess I will have to find temporary room to rent for now.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:49 PM

654 posts, read 1,322,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
A few weeks ago I saw a mid-late 1980s Dodge Aries K-Car driving on 95 by Jones, anybody remember those? My family used to own one back in 1999, my dad paid $400 for it before wrecking it in 2001, which was was the last time I saw a K-Car
"If I had a million dollars
I'd buy you a K-car
A nice re-li-ant automobile"
Barenaked Ladies 'If I had a million dollars'

K-cars ... oh, the memories. I had a friend whose parents owned one years ago. We took it on a camping trip. I was driving & the steering wheel shook the whole time, as I accelerated close to 60 mph the steering column started bucking wildly. 66 mph was the max speed for this baby, no ifs, ands or buts.

It was Lee Iaccoca's baby from the government bailout way back when - so ugly, so lacking in so many ways. It was the scourge of the road & got constant ridicule - in Toronto, anyways.

Here's a great tongue-in-cheek video on the K-car:

YouTube - ‪K Car?‬‏

Old 06-15-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Well everyone, the weather turned quick. 106 degrees right now and it is not fun in my apartment. I have the A/C set at 65 and it is hot as hell in here. The A/C has always worked fine, but obviously the small window unit is insufficient when it really gets hot. This is the final straw, I am going to have to move. I guess I will have to find temporary room to rent for now.
You're too nice a person to not treat yourself well. Being comfortable in the heat, especially when you have to sleep and go to work, is a necessity, not a luxury.

Move to a better place LVD, you'll feel much better in mind, body and soul

Do it

Old 06-15-2011, 11:35 PM

23,216 posts, read 29,026,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
There's nothing more annoying then when traffic comes to a stop on the 95 for someone getting a speeding ticket. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
It angers/depresses me to see anyone pulled over today, anywhere, with this depressing economy.

Any number of thoughts come thru my mind:

This poor guy may have 5 mouths to feed at home, with a very stretched budget with the high gas prices, and he may have to skimp on groceries for a week to pay his fine.

This poor guy may be unemployed, racing around town looking for a job, and to add to his stress level, a speeding ticket which he can ill-afford!

This poor guy was skimping and saving to get some much-needed car repairs and then, at the wrong time, wrong place, a speeding ticket. So much for the car repairs!

And the bus riders, who don't own a car, what do they do when they see someone pulled over for a speeding ticket? I'll betcha anything, they don't cry about it!

Old 06-16-2011, 10:25 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,234,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
You're too nice a person to not treat yourself well. Being comfortable in the heat, especially when you have to sleep and go to work, is a necessity, not a luxury.

Move to a better place LVD, you'll feel much better in mind, body and soul

Do it
I went to the office this morning. They said they will have someone look at it this afternoon and replace it if necessary.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I went to the office this morning. They said they will have someone look at it this afternoon and replace it if necessary.
Excellent LVD! At least you'll escape the heat that's coming our way!

Old 06-16-2011, 01:27 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
It's good that the temps won't be too bad until next week. Yesterday was really hot! Our back yard temperature gauge which is very accurate was at 109 for about 1/2 hour, then it dropped to a cool and comfortable 107. Only mid to upper 90's this weekend, then back to 105+ for next week. Hopefully LVD will get his air conditioner working before then. And still look for another place anyway. One far away from furnished pets. (roaches)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas