Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 07:48 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
real one but a recorded one would be an asset also.....or even better....a speaker mounted beneath the breaker box...a recorder with a motion activated recording of a rattlesnake ...you'll know if someone was there by the wetspot beneath the breaker box
LOL!!! Now there is an idea. And a recorded one would not leave poop all over.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:51 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,103,724 times
except for that left by the same person that leaves the wet spot

Old 06-20-2011, 11:37 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,490,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
FYP

I guess JFK's slipping a little bit.
I was suspended. Over a really stupid thing, too. If anyone's interested, I'll DM the picture from The Royal Wedding (most recent) held in England that got me in trouble. This one was truly foolish on the mod's part, IMO.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:45 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,491,319 times
Oh, oh no, a suspension from city-data. 33 lashes with a refined, high-fiber wheat-laden wet spaghetti noodle!

Old 06-21-2011, 12:48 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,103,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I was suspended. Over a really stupid thing, too. If anyone's interested, I'll DM the picture from The Royal Wedding (most recent) held in England that got me in trouble. This one was truly foolish on the mod's part, IMO.
JFK....REMEMBER THIS.

On the advise of counsul I respectfully decline to comment

Old 06-21-2011, 01:41 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
You bring up a lot of valid points about SE MI. And it does seem that the seats on the planes have gotten more squished. Especially Spirit. I don't know what airline you were on. But, to me, Spirit is HORRIBLE for room.

You were right by where I live. Sterling Heights. Clinton Twp and Warren is right next to me. If you stayed around the downtown area of Detroit, you were ok. Inner Detroit is downright scary. And worse looking. Sadly.

It is very green right now, we have had tons of rain. Which brings on the humidity. You were lucky that you left when you did. Today is YUCK. This whole week is supposed to be nothing but storms and humidity. (You may have enjoyed the storms though!) The weekend was great, weather-wise. Everyone is sneezing now, due to all those cotton-y things flying around. Terrible. And, yes, my joints tend to ache more here in MI than they do in Vegas, so I am guessing humidity also.

As far as grocery stores, Meijer is a big one. Also, Kroger. Which owns Smiths, so it is just like Smiths. They also have VGs and Busch's. Not as popular, though. The plazas are different here, older and some are much smaller. In Vegas, I find it so funny that people will tell you where something is based on the anchor store in the plaza. Like, "the Verizon store is in the Smith's plaza or Albertson's plaza..." funny to me. There used to be Farmer Jack, but they closed all of them a few years back. The corner convenience stores are plenty and we call them "party stores". LOL.

Jet lag does whack you out! Glad you had a safe trip!
We flew Delta, a 757, which didn't seem that big to Detroit, flew Delta back, a 737 which was much bigger. Both flights totally packed. The 737 seemed to be much tighter, especially working our way to the back to get to the restroom. Trying to squeeze to the back, and I kept bumping into people in the aisle seats, and I swear I said "sorry" to at least every single person. It's funny now.
At least the 737 had 2 restrooms at the back instead of just one on the 757.
I think one has to be as fat as a toothpick to truly enjoy economy(sardine) class seats.

The first evening we got there at 8:30pm, friday, my husband had this great idea to check out his old home, and since it was getting dark, I told him to get out of there now and we could do it the next day after the funeral and the luncheon after. I just didn't feel right going into the inner part of the city at that time, which I thought was foolish on his part. We were nowhere near Downtown, I would have liked to see that. Probably looked much better!
When we got back to the Candlewood Suites to change after the funeral on saturday, we logged into Facebook through the iPad, and found that one of my cousins lived closer to Clarkston, in Ortonville, and my other cousin said at least go and see where she lives, even if we couldn't stay.. so I told my husband that if we could go see her for a short time, then I would agree to go into Detroit as long as it was still light. We only got to visit for about 45 minutes, and I really feel bad now, because my cousin is really sweet and she was so happy to see me that she kept hugging me and not letting go. My own immediate family has never done this. It really surprised me.
Her husband wanted us all to go out to dinner, but that would not have worked since we had very limited time and we just ate at the other place before we went to their place. Which was a little remote, but very nice. Tons of tree's.
We didn't get to Warren and Clinton Township until the last day, sunday, and by that time we only had 7 hours left to do everything and the priority was seeing my husbands 91 year old Mom. She still lives in her own home independently with her dog and cat.

So those white fluffy things from the cottonwood tree's were the things making me sneeze. We thought they were bugs at first thinking michigan sure had a lot of bugs! lol
I was disappointed that we didn't see any rain, but the humidity was a little uncomfortable. It would be nice to go sometime when it's not so humid, and not winter yet. But we cannot control when someone passes on, so whenever that happens, off we go...(and go more into debt each time we have to charge it)

Old 06-21-2011, 01:31 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,471,629 times
Default The Plaza will be re-opening/new jobs

Job fairs are scheduled, at least 300 former employees will get their jobs back, and no info as to how many remaining positions will be part time/on call only.

Plaza to hire 800 for reopening in September - Business - ReviewJournal.com

Old 06-21-2011, 02:36 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
Wasn't the Plaza the place when they opened up the wall for renovations, a million cockroaches poured out? That alone would make me too afraid to stay there. Even fully renovated.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:12 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,815 times
I have a weird, but no so wierd question.
Was over my parent's house this weekend and in their pool. I was amazed at how cold the water had gotten because it rained for a few days straight -- and wasn't that cold.

So we were talking about Vegas (as usual, lol) and wondered: When this time of year hits, and it's practically a constant 100+ degrees for weeks at a time.. what's the tempeture like in your pools? Do you have anything to keep the water cool? Because to be honest, at 110 degrees.. 95 degree water doesn't really seem all that refreshing, LOL

Old 06-21-2011, 04:33 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,192,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
I have a weird, but no so wierd question.
Was over my parent's house this weekend and in their pool. I was amazed at how cold the water had gotten because it rained for a few days straight -- and wasn't that cold.

So we were talking about Vegas (as usual, lol) and wondered: When this time of year hits, and it's practically a constant 100+ degrees for weeks at a time.. what's the tempeture like in your pools? Do you have anything to keep the water cool? Because to be honest, at 110 degrees.. 95 degree water doesn't really seem all that refreshing, LOL
Mine is covered...when it gets too warm I just open it at night and it cools right down. I like it around 90 though. It gets over 100 at the peak if you let it...but not if it is not covered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas