Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 09:33 PM

369 posts, read 772,057 times

Advertisements

So the friend of Bill W post reminded me of this incident:

A friend of mine named Bill once told me, around the time of Bill Clinton's 2nd inauguration, "You know, President Clinton and I are buddies."

I said, "Sure you are."

He said, "No, really! Just turn on your TV tonight to the Inaugural Ball. You'll see me."

Sure enough, I turned on the TV that night, and there was Bill, talking to President Clinton with his arm around the guy.
Not long after, I was talking to Bill about how much I admired Johnny Depp as an actor.

Larry said, "Oh, he's a good friend."

I said, "Noooo!"

Bill said, "Let's hop in my car".

He drove me to the bar Johnny Depp owns, and as we sipped drinks, Johnny happened to walk by, immediately exclaimed "Bill!" and fell into Bill's arms.

This was getting spooky. Bill seemed to know everyone! I tested Bill with a few more people. We were back in the Bay Area. Bill was telling me he was buddy-buddy with Jerry Brown. We went to a Press Conference at Oakland City Hall, and just before Brown started answering questions, he said "I see my friend Bill out there."

Same kind of thing happened when we went to Bob Dylan's house and rang the bell. Bob answered the door, said "Bill!" gave my friend a big hug, and invited us in for drinks.

I was becoming a believer, but then one day we were having another conversation and Bill said something about "my friend the Pope."

I said, "You can't know him, too!"

Bill said, "Wanna bet?"

Bill happens to be very well off, so he flew the both of us to Rome. We took a cab to St. Peters Square. We were standing in the big crowd below the balcony of the Pope's apartment. Bill said, "Excuse me for a little while" and disappeared into the crowd.

A little while after that, John Paul appeared on the balcony and started blessing people. And who should be up there beside him but...you guessed it!

I was utterly amazed! I nudged a fellow standing next to me, pointed to the balcony, and said, "Look!"

The guy shaded his eyes with his palm, peered up at the balcony, turned back to me, and said, "Who's that guy up there with Bill?"

Old 02-22-2011, 10:01 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Not sure...but I think it's Count Dracula.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:41 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Thanks so much for "helping" turn the chat thread into the political doom and gloom thread. Yes, I DO have a problem with it. But at least I have other places to go besides here.
Places to go? I'm assuming other forums on City Data.

Let's see, if we don't hear from Pink for awhile where could we possibly find her hiding and posting like crazy?

I've narrowed it down to these for Pink:

Genealogy, Exercise & Fitness, Diet & Weight Loss, Religion & Philosophy or True Crime.

Self-Sufficiency & Preparedness?

Old 02-23-2011, 12:59 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
You ain't seen nothing yet.

Just imagine what will happen if a republican gets into office of prez in 2012 with a repub senate and house.

We will be lucky if there is a minimum wage at all.

And the fat cats will reward themselves with big bonuses at their martini board meetings.
Our country, in its current state, is an unflattering, truthful reflection of its people. And we should all be hanging our heads from our spineless bodies in shame for our cowardly ways!

Our rebellious, revolutionary Founding Fathers are shaking their heads and fingers at us every day, and having, understandably, no sympathy for us.

Bloomberg just took an "AK-47" recently to freedom in NYC: no smoking in public parks, Times Square, beaches, office plazas. And? Will the roll-over-red-rovers, characteristic of this country, stage even one protest?

We deserve what we get!

Old 02-23-2011, 08:35 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
Time for a "let's annoy the hell outta the rest of America" 'cause we're New-Yowwa-kaaaaah's.

Tee-hee-hee...all we have ta do is stand here
and everyone will love us....give them something
else to waste their hard-earned money on, Snoozy.

Oh, just add that Snooty broad from 'Jersey Nausea'
and we'll have 4 twits in a row.

Yukko. They're poison. Ask any of the four about something
requiring a brain and you'll get a handful of barf.

OTOH-the discussions going on lately in this thread are both
thought-provoking and edumacational all at the same time.

Get yer motor runnin'...head out on the highway-aaahhhh!

Old 02-23-2011, 10:39 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
Elko on ignore.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:00 AM

460 posts, read 987,792 times
I must say, the ignore feature is really cool. Too bad it only works when you are signed in.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:19 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,488,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Our country, in its current state, is an unflattering, truthful reflection of its people. And we should all be hanging our heads from our spineless bodies in shame for our cowardly ways!

Our rebellious, revolutionary Founding Fathers are shaking their heads and fingers at us every day, and having, understandably, no sympathy for us.

Bloomberg just took an "AK-47" recently to freedom in NYC: no smoking in public parks, Times Square, beaches, office plazas. And? Will the roll-over-red-rovers, characteristic of this country, stage even one protest?

We deserve what we get!
Out pf respect for the sensibilities of the members of this forum, and the fact that it is the Las Vegas forum, I will limit myself to a very abbreviated response:

G*&&#%* M^%&*!*+&^% S(*^$#) Bloomberg!

It was always difficult for me to understand how Oscar Goldman was perceived as unlikable considering who we had to deal with as mayor.

'nuff said.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:07 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
Already here in some places. I saw self-service premium for $4.13 in Studio City, CA yesterday, though something like $3.89 was more typical. I think you'll see regular for over $4 in most of CA possibly as soon as March. Cue Escalade owners whining about gas prices on TV in 3...2...1
Let me guess, Mobil station at Laurel Cyn and Moorpark st. One of the highest in our area. You are correct that the ave for premium is around 3.89.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:06 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Honestly, if Nevada goes through with cutting minimum wage to $5.15 an hour here I will be ashamed to be a citizen of this state. There are so many other ways to save money than to decimate those who need it most.
I must have missed something while I was out of the country. The federal minimum wage hasn't been $5.15 since 2007 when it was raised to $5.85 and it currently stands at $7.25. I don't understand how Nevada repealing it's $8.25 minimum wage would or could result in workers being paid a wage that would violate the federal minimum of $7.25. (I do realize that there are some jobs that aren't subject to FLSA.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas