Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 06:18 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times

Advertisements

not saying that its the end... i do believe WWW 3 is sooner than later though... hope I'm gone by then...

Old 02-21-2011, 06:42 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=605179158115&id=7a972fe8ec465bd40 9eb06768f59147a&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.exposay.com%2 fcelebrity-photos%2fbarbara-walters-abcs-50th-anniversary-all-star-party-1C76RD.jpg (broken link)
Who's that Girl?

Ohhh, oh...I'm just so pretty.
I really should bug the hell outta
people for a living. After all..l'm
a New Yor-kaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Who's that girl?

Old 02-21-2011, 07:02 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,491,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
not saying that its the end... i do believe WWW 3 is sooner than later though... hope I'm gone by then...

Don't worry about WWIII. The end will be much more subtle than that. We already are well on our way to a two class system in this country. The economic structure and distribution in this country has changed dramatically over the past 50 years. The separation between haves and have-nots has become greater and more pronounced.
But, the corporations and the wealthy are smart enough to manipulate the masses and not let them get out of control.
This is not conspiracy theory, by any means. The numbers are all there. Wealth and income of the top 1% has grown while the middle class and poor have either stagnated or declined. The military industrial complex now owns technology. That is an unbeatable combination.
Look around you:
1) Savings banks fail - middle class suffers the most.
2) Tech bubble bursts - middle class suffers the most.
3) 9/11 - middle class suffers the most.
4) Stock market mini crash - middle class suffers the most.
5) Great recession - middle class suffers the most.

These are not coincidences. It is a result of who is pulling the strings and who has control. Who was bailed out recently? Big guys or little guys?
Now, there is a massive attack on unions. Not a coincidence. They are the last force supporting the politicians who oppose Big Business and the Wealthy. Knock down unions and we are one step away from 21st Century Feudalism.
Mortgages, credit, jobs are all under attack. Unemployment is at a historical high. Prices set to rise. THAT is WWIII. No guns, no bombs, people dying quietly of hunger and illness.
This country was always known as "The Land of Opportunity". Sadly, no one is knocking anymore.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:27 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,245,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=605179158115&id=7a972fe8ec465bd40 9eb06768f59147a&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.exposay.com%2 fcelebrity-photos%2fbarbara-walters-abcs-50th-anniversary-all-star-party-1C76RD.jpg (broken link)
Who's that Girl?

Ohhh, oh...I'm just so pretty.
I really should bug the hell outta
people for a living. After all..l'm
a New Yor-kaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Who's that girl?
Dude. I think I know you have a quirky sense of humor but really...why the obsession with the View? More importantly, why here in the Las Vegas Chat Room?

Maybe you could go to the great debates section or TV forum to have an actual discussion about your obsession with her? Wouldn't that be more rewarding and less weird?

Old 02-21-2011, 07:53 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
ahhh... ignore works nice... now NOBODY quote the guy...

Old 02-21-2011, 08:42 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
Quote:
you know, i might be laughed at here... but watch a bit of Nostradomus and read his predictions.. it will scare the heebiejeebies out of you... the stuff is coming true....
Yes, and the book of revelations too.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I didn't laugh. If we don't become less dependent on oil we will return to the early days when cars were first invented. Only the rich elite will be driving around on the roads.
It was Mad Man who laughed at me.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:55 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Egypt.. then Libya.. anyone think gas will be $4 by April??
If things get too out of control in the Middle East, I'm trusting oil-dependent, anti-Muslim China will set things straight over there, they won't need our help.

They did it once before, in 1200. Genghis Kahn swept down thru the Middle East, and left that area barren in only 40 days. Today, one might be able to do it in 4 days.

Then? We'll be buying our oil from China!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 PM

The world is not going to end, but life as we know it definitely is. This is a recent documentary on the history channel details everything we are going to face in the very near future:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gi53kq4vzY

Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
Don't worry about WWIII. The end will be much more subtle than that. We already are well on our way to a two class system in this country. The economic structure and distribution in this country has changed dramatically over the past 50 years. The separation between haves and have-nots has become greater and more pronounced.
But, the corporations and the wealthy are smart enough to manipulate the masses and not let them get out of control.
This is not conspiracy theory, by any means. The numbers are all there. Wealth and income of the top 1% has grown while the middle class and poor have either stagnated or declined. The military industrial complex now owns technology. That is an unbeatable combination.
Look around you:
1) Savings banks fail - middle class suffers the most.
2) Tech bubble bursts - middle class suffers the most.
3) 9/11 - middle class suffers the most.
4) Stock market mini crash - middle class suffers the most.
5) Great recession - middle class suffers the most.

These are not coincidences. It is a result of who is pulling the strings and who has control. Who was bailed out recently? Big guys or little guys?
Now, there is a massive attack on unions. Not a coincidence. They are the last force supporting the politicians who oppose Big Business and the Wealthy. Knock down unions and we are one step away from 21st Century Feudalism.
Mortgages, credit, jobs are all under attack. Unemployment is at a historical high. Prices set to rise. THAT is WWIII. No guns, no bombs, people dying quietly of hunger and illness.
This country was always known as "The Land of Opportunity". Sadly, no one is knocking anymore.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.
I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said with the exception of the unions. The government unions are nothing but leaches. Government workers expect free health care, sick days, vacation days, and pensions while most private sector workers get none of this. I certainly do not feel my taxes should go up so these people can get all these perks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas