Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 04:32 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times

Advertisements

thanks Kimmie....I am gonna go to Kingman and sit on the front porch n watch the coyotes

Old 04-27-2012, 05:35 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
thanks Kimmie....I am gonna go to Kingman and sit on the front porch n watch the coyotes
You are going to have to update your "about me" section because it says this about Las Vegas: NEVER gonna leave.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:58 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
You are going to have to update your "about me" section because it says this about Las Vegas: NEVER gonna leave.
yeh.....well.....I lost that argument

Old 04-27-2012, 08:08 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Congrats on your retirement. Kingman looks like a nice place to live.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 PM

11 posts, read 13,341 times
Hanging out with pinkstring - she is making me spend the night so I can help her with her garage sale! We have been friends since 2001 - but haven't actually "seen" each other for years. Nice to see friends in Person!! At least we never lost contact. Now all she has to do is not let me buy a bunch a stuff I don't need!!

Old 04-27-2012, 09:35 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Hey Vegas....

Im sure Ill catch fire for this since Im really not welcome on the forum anymore but...

Im going to try and return to Las Vegas in August to attend CSN for the fall semester. Im looking at Hospitality Mgmt as my study course.

I realized very quickly after I got back here (even though I was happy to be home for awhile) as to why I left Orlando (lack of datable women, poor paying jobs, family drama, as well as old work drama)

I already have a place lined up (good friends who have an extra room) and have contacted some ex employers of mine out there and will fill out applications elsewhere to try and have a job lined up by the time I get there, I am starting to save money again as well

The past few days I have spent a lot of time soul searching and trying to figure out where my life is headed, and after a long drive through the country (with some good country music of course) I realized that Las Vegas is where I want to live my life and have my career!

Cant wait to get back...
I don't think you are unwelcome. I think many people, like me, don't understand the lack of focus in your life. You currently live your life like a ping pong ball. That will lead to nothing.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:42 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I don't think you are unwelcome. I think many people, like me, don't understand the lack of focus in your life. You currently live your life like a ping pong ball. That will lead to nothing.
Fortunately for Davie, the only person who needs to understand is himself. I am not one of the "many people" who don't understand his lack of focus. I see a boy who left home on basically a planned whim and went back a little wiser, but his focus is still back where he left it. That may wear off, Las Vegas is hard to forget for an older person, much less someone who found all sorts of new experiences. Many, many young 20 somethings ping pong, just not so far away. Some move out and then move back in and then move out and back. Along the way, they find themselves. Depending on their upbringing and good sense, some fare better than others. But, it doesn't mean the ones who fare less can't find their way and do better. The one big plus Davie has going for him is that he is not stupid. Yet. I have faith that he will find his niche, hopefully sooner than later.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:19 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
I am sorry to report I am going to go on a long hiatus again, and this time it might be permanent. Since there have been multiple private DM's exchanged, I will not reveal who the people are. Regardless, I was talked into something I did not want to do in the first place, and even know I agreed I am not going to show up. I am not the same person I used to be. I used to like to go out and meet new people. That is not the case anymore. I like to sit in my apartment and drink in solitude. I do not want to be out in public at all as even going to the grocery store is a chore because of severe depression and isolation issues that I cannot solve. My friends from Phoenix manage to get me out by getting me so drunk that I do not care so I end up on the strip with them. I would never be that way around my fellow city data members, especially a very sweet girl coming out here for a vacation, so I hope you all understand. The people I am referring to are nice people who I consider online friends at least, but I am posting this outright so there is no confusion.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:35 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstance View Post
Hanging out with pinkstring - she is making me spend the night so I can help her with her garage sale! We have been friends since 2001 - but haven't actually "seen" each other for years. Nice to see friends in Person!! At least we never lost contact. Now all she has to do is not let me buy a bunch a stuff I don't need!!
Hey, you could have slept in the garage...at least inside you have the daybed. And at least you only bought 8 books. Helps me, and helps the cats get food.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:26 AM

487 posts, read 746,822 times
Suicide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas