Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 10:27 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,942,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
There are many out there, who have never lit up a cigarette, never got drunk, never did Crack, who self-destructed at the wheel of car, or by walking across the street or who were victims of Mother Nature!

And who gets the last laugh!!!
No laughter here, either way.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,426,002 times
When-we-would-visit-Spain,-I-used-to-be-fond-of-a-jug-of-Sangria.-About-15-years-ago,-we-had-a-vacation-in-Benidorm,-on-the-Costa-Blanca.-We-were-delayed-on-the-flight,-we-arrived-at-the-hotel-hot-and-bothered,-to-find-there-was-no-water-for-a-shower,-due,-to-some-problem-oe-other.-I-was-not-a-happy-bunny.-We-unpacked,-then-went-out-to-find-a-bar.-I-ordered-a-jug-of-Sangria.-Well,-the-barman-must-have-recognised-my-bad-mood,-and-made-us-a-mickey-finn-jug!!-He-poured-in-a-bottle-of-red-wine,-a-big-glug-of-brandy,-then-stuf-from-a-silver-bottle,-all-sorts.-We-sat-down-with-said-jug.-I-poured-two-glasses,-then-took-in-the-local-atmosphere.-My-wife-had-decided-she-was'nt-going-to-drink-much-of-the-devils-brew,-and-while-I-was-looking-away,-was-pouring-it-back-in-the-jug.-After-an-hour-or-so,-it-was-all-gone.-I-got-up-to-leave-the-bar,-and-my-legs-went-from-under-me.-I-looked-round-to-see-who-tripped-me-up!!-Somehow,-we-made-it-back-to-the-hotel,-and-got-to-bed.-I-had-a-hangover-like-never-before,-or-since!!-Never-touched-the-stuff-again........

Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 PM

762 posts, read 1,561,760 times
That daycare must be where I came from, I have 3 sisters, so 4 in all but one never got the hang of pullin on the ale. she is a stick in the mud. But very rich

Old 04-26-2012, 02:22 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I guess I am a vegetarian now as I have not eaten any meat for a month. I wanted to see how cheap I could get my grocery bill down to. I am now down to $14 a week. What I do is find pasta and sauce on sale for $1 each. I only eat 16 oz of pasta and 1 jar of sauce each day. This week Albertson has Barilla pasta and Ragu sauce for $1 each. I am really going to stock up heavily this week. The only problem is there is a limit of 6 on the Ragu so I will have to go everyday now.
Some minor diet changes that you might consider.
For protein: a dozen eggs every 2 weeks, one egg on most days
a drained can of some kind of legumes to stir into your pasta
the best one would be kidney beans, use 1/3 can a day
For fiber and vitamin C : A bag of oranges a week, one orange a day

You could do this for about $6 more a week. It would significantly increase the nutritional content of your diet. Alcohol washed out you vitamin C. So get the oranges or start taking vit C pills if you do nothing else.

If you are not an egg fan, whip the raw egg and add it to the just cooked pasta and toss well. It will blend into the sauce nicely and will add needed protein to the dish.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:55 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Some minor diet changes that you might consider.
For protein: a dozen eggs every 2 weeks, one egg on most days
a drained can of some kind of legumes to stir into your pasta
the best one would be kidney beans, use 1/3 can a day
For fiber and vitamin C : A bag of oranges a week, one orange a day

You could do this for about $6 more a week. It would significantly increase the nutritional content of your diet. Alcohol washed out you vitamin C. So get the oranges or start taking vit C pills if you do nothing else.

If you are not an egg fan, whip the raw egg and add it to the just cooked pasta and toss well. It will blend into the sauce nicely and will add needed protein to the dish.
Thanks, but I have to forgo the egg. I am severely allergic to them. They literally make my throat swell up, and cause severe pain. The rest of your plan I can do.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Thanks, but I have to forgo the egg. I am severely allergic to them. They literally make my throat swell up, and cause severe pain. The rest of your plan I can do.
Ok, no eggs. How about some dairy for the missing protein. For the same amount of money you could get several cartons of yogurt or a brick of cheese. Have an ounce of cheese a day shredded on your pasta. 8 oz of cheese would last a week; should be no more than $3.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:56 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Ok, no eggs. How about some dairy for the missing protein. For the same amount of money you could get several cartons of yogurt or a brick of cheese. Have an ounce of cheese a day shredded on your pasta. 8 oz of cheese would last a week; should be no more than $3.
LVD loves both cheese and yogurt, and I can easily add them. Fresh Parmesan or mozzarella definitely goes with pasta, but I was only trying to see how cheap I could go (if necessary) in the future, and if it would be tolerable. Luckily, I can so my experiment has gone well. I will add the cheese for now, and I already take vitamin C pills. I also take this below, which is cheap but good to fill in for the missing nutrients on my diet.

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Life-co...5480985&sr=8-1

Old 04-26-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
LVD loves both cheese and yogurt, and I can easily add them. Fresh Parmesan or mozzarella definitely goes with pasta, but I was only trying to see how cheap I could go (if necessary) in the future, and if it would be tolerable. Luckily, I can so my experiment has gone well. I will add the cheese for now, and I already take vitamin C pills. I also take this below, which is cheap but good to fill in for the missing nutrients on my diet.

Amazon.com: Liquid Life complete nutrition With 144 Nutrients, 32-Ounce Bottle: Health & Personal Care
It's a good idea to figure out how to eat on a budget but if you go too restrictive you risk problems like muscle wasting, bleeding gums, irregular heart beats, hair loss and other nasty stuff if you don't get a little balance.

Your liquid life stuff is interesting. I did a little research and it looks like it has the same Vits and minerals as a vitamin pill. That $12 for 1 month would buy you 3 months of a high quality vitamin like Centrum.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 PM

127 posts, read 227,091 times
Quote:
I do like Gin and tonics, but I cannot drink vodka at all either. I especially hate Tequila. I find it disgusting.
I always disliked tequila until one day someone gave me a half bottle of Patron Anejo to take home after a party. Yum!!! I am convert.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:16 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,942,825 times
Congratulations on your retirement, DYNIMAGE!!!!! Whoever will be our eye on Fremont now??? So, what are you going to do with all the extra time??? You could always write a blog here with all your Las Vegas insight and humor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas