Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 10:32 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Ahhh...but it just might be better to have a new you, instead of an old her back.
My family is from German and Russian ancestry. Both of my parents were heavy drinkers. Where do you think I got it from? My dad used to share beer with me when I was under 10 years old. I had an instant love for alcohol right away. It is in my blood, and I am not going to change for anyone, sorry. All that matters is that I stay off the road, as I would not want to hurt anyone else.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:35 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
I find it ironic, puzzling, that I when I started loosening up, drinking a bit more, I stopped attracting alcoholics into my life!

The attraction is still there, undeniably, but if I should go that route in another relationship, I'll be a bit more picky next time. Not these alcoholics that go into blackouts, can't recall a single conversation the night before or whether you had sex with them!

My first alcoholic, in a blackout, would grab the phone, make long distance phone calls, fall asleep while talking, and the puzzled look on his face when he got the telephone bill that month!!! $$$$$$!!!!!

"Did you make that 55 minute call? At 2am to someone in North Carolina?"

Last edited by tijlover; 04-24-2012 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 04-24-2012, 10:38 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
My family is from German and Russian ancestry. Both of my parents were heavy drinkers. Where do you think I got it from? My dad used to share beer with me when I was under 10 years old. I had an instant love for alcohol right away. It is in my blood, and I am not going to change for anyone, sorry. All that matters is that I stay off the road, as I would not want to hurt anyone else.

Sorry, it's the mom in me....

Old 04-24-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Sorry, it's the mom in me....
I know you care about me, but I do have to be honest about the way I am, which is stubborn.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:47 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I wish when some people said "sorry, i am this way or that way.." or "I am going to do this whether you like it or not, sorry!" Leave the sorry off of it. I hear that way too much and it's irritating. Just do what you want and don't be sorry for it! Live your life the way you want it, not the way someone else wants you to do it. If you want to kill yourself with destructive habits, do it. Just don't tell us you were sorry. Because really, you aren't. So why pretend?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:55 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
There are many out there, who have never lit up a cigarette, never got drunk, never did Crack, who self-destructed at the wheel of car, or by walking across the street or who were victims of Mother Nature!

And who gets the last laugh!!!

Old 04-24-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I wish when some people said "sorry, i am this way or that way.." or "I am going to do this whether you like it or not, sorry!" Leave the sorry off of it. I hear that way too much and it's irritating. Just do what you want and don't be sorry for it! Live your life the way you want it, not the way someone else wants you to do it. If you want to kill yourself with destructive habits, do it. Just don't tell us you were sorry. Because really, you aren't. So why pretend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
There are many out there, who have never lit up a cigarette, never got drunk, never did Crack, who self-destructed at the wheel of car, or by walking across the street or who were victims of Mother Nature!

And who gets the last laugh!!!
I do not know if anyone else here watches "I survived, beyond and back" on the BIO channel (1336 for Cox), but almost everyone on there who died did not want to come back to life. Death to me actually looks a lot better than life, therefore I have no fear of it. The only fear I have is the way I go. But once I am there, I know I will be ok. I am currently watching the first Friday the 13th movie produced in 1980 on Epix (1309), so you know what I mean.

P.S. tijlover, I tried to rep you for this great post, but I got to spread the love unfortunately.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:12 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Hi-LVD!!-I-just-spotted-your-heading-'Mr.-Frugal-Drunk'-and-burst-out-laughing.-

Old 04-25-2012, 12:18 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
LVD, you always get depressed, then post stuff like you did above, then a few days later are fine, and apologizing. You will get past this stage again, you always do.
No one gets out of this life alive. Why not enjoy your life until you leave this realm for the other one. Instead of wishing for death, try to enjoy the one life you have here now.
I am also not afraid of dying, but when I go, I want to go when I am really super old, and in my sleep, so it will be one long dream for all eternity.

I also watch that show "I survived." There are some really horrific things done to those people and yet they survive to tell the tale, when some should have died! The one I watched on Sunday, the guy that was in the motorcycle accident and his leg was ripped off, and he was bleeding to death in the ditch. I almost couldn't hear the rest of his story because I was becoming nauseated. Yet I watch the murder mysteries all the time too, and read graphic novels that deal with forensics. Patricia Cornwell, plus True Crime.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Hi-LVD!!-I-just-spotted-your-heading-'Mr.-Frugal-Drunk'-and-burst-out-laughing.-
I have got to be frugal in my situation my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
LVD, you always get depressed, then post stuff like you did above, then a few days later are fine, and apologizing. You will get past this stage again, you always do.
No one gets out of this life alive. Why not enjoy your life until you leave this realm for the other one. Instead of wishing for death, try to enjoy the one life you have here now.
I am also not afraid of dying, but when I go, I want to go when I am really super old, and in my sleep, so it will be one long dream for all eternity.

I also watch that show "I survived." There are some really horrific things done to those people and yet they survive to tell the tale, when some should have died! The one I watched on Sunday, the guy that was in the motorcycle accident and his leg was ripped off, and he was bleeding to death in the ditch. I almost couldn't hear the rest of his story because I was becoming nauseated. Yet I watch the murder mysteries all the time too, and read graphic novels that deal with forensics. Patricia Cornwell, plus True Crime.
I never denied that I am pretty messed up. I still try to be somewhat logical. I go through mood swings that would blow most people's minds, so I cannot rebuke what you said. Still, I do try to speak my mind on how I feel at the moment the best I can. I always watch both I survived, and I survived beyond and back since they are now showing new episodes again. I always wind up in tears. I guess I can relate since both of my parents have passed, and I know my mom will be there when it is my time. I miss her so much you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas