Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 07:52 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Fortunately for Davie, the only person who needs to understand is himself. I am not one of the "many people" who don't understand his lack of focus. I see a boy who left home on basically a planned whim and went back a little wiser, but his focus is still back where he left it. That may wear off, Las Vegas is hard to forget for an older person, much less someone who found all sorts of new experiences. Many, many young 20 somethings ping pong, just not so far away. Some move out and then move back in and then move out and back. Along the way, they find themselves. Depending on their upbringing and good sense, some fare better than others. But, it doesn't mean the ones who fare less can't find their way and do better. The one big plus Davie has going for him is that he is not stupid. Yet. I have faith that he will find his niche, hopefully sooner than later.
I didn't mean that as a diss to Davie. It was just my observation.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:22 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
Pommy, I understand youre not trying to diss me and thats cool

I realized almost as soon as I got back to Orlando why I left my hometown in the first place...too many reasons to list

I also realized why I came to LV in the first place, because I felt that was where I needed to build my life and career for myself. Free of all the family dysfunction I have here

I still feel like Las Vegas is where I need to be , I want to build my life and career there. Only this time I will do things much.differently

Old 04-28-2012, 12:24 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I don't think you are unwelcome. I think many people, like me, don't understand the lack of focus in your life. You currently live your life like a ping pong ball. That will lead to nothing.
Actually he's had the courage to do things most people sitting in their relative comfort couldn't touch with a 10' pole. The very belief that everything you're doing is to lead up to something is why nobody can ever enjoy what's here right now. Everyone's rushing around impatiently trying to eliminate as many loose variables to their personal safety as possible. Imagining the way their life should be and then suffering when it doesn't match up. Then the inevitable boredom arises and all that's left is to tell others how to live their life when we're really not living ours at all.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:38 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am sorry to report I am going to go on a long hiatus again, and this time it might be permanent. Since there have been multiple private DM's exchanged, I will not reveal who the people are. Regardless, I was talked into something I did not want to do in the first place, and even know I agreed I am not going to show up. I am not the same person I used to be. I used to like to go out and meet new people. That is not the case anymore. I like to sit in my apartment and drink in solitude. I do not want to be out in public at all as even going to the grocery store is a chore because of severe depression and isolation issues that I cannot solve. My friends from Phoenix manage to get me out by getting me so drunk that I do not care so I end up on the strip with them. I would never be that way around my fellow city data members, especially a very sweet girl coming out here for a vacation, so I hope you all understand. The people I am referring to are nice people who I consider online friends at least, but I am posting this outright so there is no confusion.
I'm sorry to hear that, and hope you will one day find whatever it is that makes you truly happy.

(BTW, I'm not that sweet. I was married to a musician. I've seen it all! It's impossible to offend me, trust me on that!)

Old 04-28-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Actually he's had the courage to do things most people sitting in their relative comfort couldn't touch with a 10' pole. The very belief that everything you're doing is to lead up to something is why nobody can ever enjoy what's here right now. Everyone's rushing around impatiently trying to eliminate as many loose variables to their personal safety as possible. Imagining the way their life should be and then suffering when it doesn't match up. Then the inevitable boredom arises and all that's left is to tell others how to live their life when we're really not living ours at all.
And truthfully, Im just as scared of moving to Las Vegas again as I was the 1st time.

If I do come back however I have these advantages now

-I know people
-I could easily get a job at an ex employer (probably Vons, but still)
-I have connections on the strip now
-I have connections at my old church (International Church of LV)
-I would have a place lined up once I DO get there
-My financial aid refund (if any, not sure on that one yet) will hold me over until I find a PT job
-I would be furthering my education (CSN, and then UNLV)

And for whatever reason, in spite of all the bad sh*t that happened to me in LV, I think I was happier there than I am in Orlando. And I can still see myself having a career and being very successful there, I just need to study something that will make myself marketable to LV employers. I also need to make much better choices than I did the first time around

I actually had a dream a few nights ago that I was out there working adn was very financially successful and successful in my career (dont remember what it was though). I took it as a sign I should come back, along with MANY others

Old 04-28-2012, 03:38 PM

Didn't a family member already pay your tuition for automotive classes Davie?

Old 04-28-2012, 04:19 PM

No pommy, my mom paid the registration fee but not the tuition

Old 04-28-2012, 04:37 PM

Oh. I don't know why I thought an uncle was going to pay for your tuition.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:44 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
I just spent 8 hours working for $2 an hour. Cannot get rich with garage sales for sure. At least I finally got rid of all the Santa Clause mugs and plates.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:53 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
this post is no longer valid.

Last edited by las vegas drunk; 04-28-2012 at 07:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas