Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 05:53 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I won't go that route ever Stagger Lee

I'd rather be alone than go gay.

But as far as love and relationships go, I've given up. Its official...the female gender is incapable of ever truly loving me which I'm ok with

Besides the last thing I need, is a controlling conniving woman whos going to do nothing but ruin my freedom, make me miserable, and cost me all my money. Dont need that again
Everything does not need to be black or white. How can you possibly "give up" on relationships when you are 22? 62 maybe, 22 not likely at all. So, instead, say, "I am taking a sabbatical from trying to form long lasting love relationships. I will, instead, form friendships while I get my life together. I will revisit the relationship thing when I am feeling a bit more confident about myself". When you say you NEVER will be in a relationship, that's just pretty darn silly. There are gray areas in most everything (except math?) so...go easy on yourself with those NEVER terms.

Quote:
I know I dont have to have everything right now and I understand that

But at the same time I need to be realistic and like my brother says to "Get over the fantasy of living in Vegas, if it didnt work the first time it wont work the second time"

He's right, I have a secure job now and like members here have said I need to make a decision and stick to it, all I can do now is keep working, go back to school get my business degree and work my way into management at Publix
I don't think you do understand that you don't have to have everything now. You know you don't, but you don't understand it. Like I mentioned before, search your own soul for the answers, not everyone elses. If you continue to ask those who frown upon your decision, then I have to believe that you are asking them because a part of you wants to hear them tell you not to do it. If YOU want to go back...work, save money, and make a decent solid plan. IF YOU are confident in your decision and comfortable with your plan, you would not ASK anyone, you will TELL them and if they don't give your their blessings, it won't stop you or change your decision. Doesn't mean Orlando forever. FOREVER is another NEVER word. Bleh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Your uncle says, your brother says..........what do you say Davie? My advice would be to stick it out for a while longer in Orlando. Your brother has no clue when he says living in Las Vegas is a fantasy. You have been there and done that and you could very well do that again. I believe that you recognize the poor decisions you made. That puts you in charge.
can't rep yet.

Quote:
My mom has actually been the lone supporter of me going back she said "Well, I just want you to be happy, and if going back to LV is what it's gonna make you happy, then Im happy for you, even if I wont see you"

"wont see you"? Hmmm...ever? If you plan correctly, you can find decent prices on flights and visit. Good Lord, when I was 22, I went months without really seeing my mom and I lived around the block! There are so many more forms of staying in touch today than there was when I was that age (phone and snail mail) so....again...not black and white. You can and you will see each other, if you make it happen. Skype. Could be worse, you could be going off to another country in the military. (I am glad, however, that she supports your happiness. That's what the rest of the fam should do.) I encouraged my kids to travel before they had children and got bogged down, even though I would miss them, I wanted them to see things, not just the house across the street. Two down (they had kids, didn't travel), two to go...we'll see.

Quit overthinking. Just because you are bummed that you are not going to LV today, you don't have to be "depressed", just be patient. You could really just be bummed. We all get that way from time to time. Just do what you need to and when the time is right, you will know what to do. And quit beating yourself up for the way things were for you in LV. You did ok given what you started with. Could have been worse (unless of course it was and you just did not say ) and the thing is that you know what NOT to do where ever you go. Some people are still doing or just doing those things in their 40s.

My husband went to Las Vegas in his early 20s, got in on a Sunday, was at the union hall on Monday and had a job on Tuesday at the Venetian. He lasted a couple months, had to just up and leave, didn't tell anyone, his reason was that he felt he would die if he stayed there as they partied like rock stars every day. He loved it there and wanted to go back, put that idea in his back pocket, made more mistakes in MI, and then met me and then took me for my first time, I loved it and now....60 days until my departure, he has been there 4 years! It took almost 20 years to do it, for him. Not the end of the world, just have to have patience and planning!!! (if he would have stayed, well then, he would have missed out on ME! ) Things happen for a reason.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:47 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
I'm convinced there's about 8 different people using LVD's and Davie's computers!

Old 04-29-2012, 07:23 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
no kidding......its really a free access computer at the library

Old 04-29-2012, 07:54 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,491,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I'm convinced there's about 8 different people using LVD's and Davie's computers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
no kidding......its really a free access computer at the library

Old 04-29-2012, 08:26 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,785,587 times
Stay with Publix, great company, great profit sharing, private company stocks, and as you know they promote from within. There are many that started with Publix in high school as a bag boy, and are earning well over $100k.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:19 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,849,438 times

Old 04-30-2012, 01:41 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
We survived the meet. Whew!

Old 04-30-2012, 05:13 AM

208 posts, read 350,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
For Davie, I say stick it out in college in Orlando for a year or so. Quit the negative bit about women. You are so damn young, take your time! Just because one relationship didn't work out, does not mean all future one's will be like that! I keep saying, change your thinking, change your life. Whatever you think about the most, you end up with it.
That's all I am going to say about it, I get tired of repeating myself forever when no one listens.

Wow...I thought you were my wife for a minute

Davie take that quote and tape it to your mirror...look at it every morning, and let it run through your mind every time you look into the eyes of a beautiful woman. Forever is a very, very,very long time

Old 04-30-2012, 06:04 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
We survived the meet. Whew!
I am glad to have met you, Elletea, Macgeek, timothyaw, and others. You're all great people.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Pink, I see your status and I know you are referring to me. I meant no harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas