Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 10:14 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
It depends on what you are comparing them too. The ingredients are at least all natural, mostly organic, and free from all the chemicals that you will find on all conventional frozen foods such as Banquet, Marie Callender's, Hungry Man, etc.
They taste nasty.

And they are still processed, high in sodium, and usually high in fat. They look healthy but really arent

Old 05-29-2012, 10:23 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
have you ever seen how paper is made>>>>>

Yeah, well, nothing is good these days, it seems. I don't know how I survived this long. I swam in lakes, drank from hoses, probably ate with hands that played in dirt... People are just a bunch of pansies anymore.

Along with all the food freak-outs there are, we have so many more magnetic fields floating around, zapping your brain cells, microwaves...blah, blah. I hate microwaved food and rarely use mine. I would be fine without one (but those potatoes aren't bad)

Gotta go, I need to go buy some bubbles to put the kids in before they touch a germ or eat a non-organic food....

Old 05-29-2012, 12:53 PM

762 posts, read 1,561,544 times
I just cannot believe we ever rode bikes without helmets. And how I dare ski down double black diamonds without a helmet and body armor is beyond me!
We should all wear Iron Man outfits and live to be 112.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:00 PM

When In was a kid my mom had a Mustang convertible. (can't remember the year, a 67 maybe?) I used to ride around town sitting on the top of the backseat like you would see someone do in a parade. We actually got stopped by a cop once telling me to get down and fasten my seatbelt...but that car didn't HAVE seatbelts!

I never owned a helmet of any kind whether it was my bike or moped. I also played in the dirt and chased frogs and surely didnt wash my hands very often.

I was a cautious kid, though. I didn't climb trees or the monkey bars because I was always afraid I would fall and break my arm. I don't know why I was so paranoid of arm breaking!

Old 05-29-2012, 01:04 PM

I spend my summers at a waterpark near my house. It's part if an amusement park called Adventureland and I've been going there since I was a kid. They have a couple of great wooden coasters and LOTS of memories. Because it's my last summer here, I'm taking the time to really walk through the park and taking lots of pics.

Today I was walking past a old west part of the park that has a theater and a shooting gallery game, and I noticed the sign on one of the buildings for the first time ever. Thought you guys might get a kick out of it:

Old 05-29-2012, 01:44 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I think those Amy's meals are NASTY. and if you read the ingredients they aren't really healthy.
Hey now...my meals are good! lol (yeah, i know you were referring to the "other" Amy.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuse View Post
Thats true lvd...if its processed in a factory it probably isnt made with health in mind. Its all about taste and profit. Its a shame but most families are raising their kids on banquet chicken and tater tots and they call it a home cooked meal because they had to put it in an oven.

I get so upset when I see all the doomed fat kids out there. They eat horrible and then sit around their air conditioned houses and use some form electronics for their entertainment. Im not a fanatic about what I eat, but if you eat like crap all the time I think you will eventually end up feeling like crap.

Elle and Pink you guys are way more on top of nutrition than most...how are frozen vegetables? I know they aren't as good as fresh but they are cheap and easy for a single guy with a microwave. I keep a small bag of mixed veggies in the freezer at work in case I forget my lunch. Gotta be 1000x better than running down the road for fast food.
I use frozen veggies all the time. Comes in handy when making giant vats of soup, just toss them all in. Since they are flash frozen right from the fields, it's almost as good as fresh. Just make sure to get only veggies, not added junk like they now do in some of them.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Yeah, well, nothing is good these days, it seems. I don't know how I survived this long. I swam in lakes, drank from hoses, probably ate with hands that played in dirt... People are just a bunch of pansies anymore.

Along with all the food freak-outs there are, we have so many more magnetic fields floating around, zapping your brain cells, microwaves...blah, blah. I hate microwaved food and rarely use mine. I would be fine without one (but those potatoes aren't bad)

Gotta go, I need to go buy some bubbles to put the kids in before they touch a germ or eat a non-organic food....
LOL...the things we did as kids...and we lived to tell the tale. i swam in lakes, drank from hoses, made mud pies and ate them. Maybe that's why I'm so ditsy. Ran around all day long all over town without water or food. Try doing that now, and it's just not the same. If they could just bottle kid energy and sell it, they would be trillionaires.

Although I try to eat healthy, I am not so fanatical about it as in the past. I will use microwaves now and then when I am in a hurry, but I prefer to cook on the stove.
I just do my thing, don't care what anyone else is doing as long as they don't try to shove their way of eating/living at me.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:54 PM

208 posts, read 350,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I use frozen veggies all the time. Comes in handy when making giant vats of soup, just toss them all in. Since they are flash frozen right from the fields, it's almost as good as fresh. Just make sure to get only veggies, not added junk like they now do in some of them.
Yeah I wont eat any prepacked stuff that comes with "chemical sauce" or "chicken flavored something" in it...I dont do the steam in the bag stuff either. Just started getting paranoid about nuking plastic stuff over the last couple years...dont know why I care now, cause I did it for the last 20yrs...Im sure any damage that could be done is already done. I never used to wear a helmet on a bike and then a co-workers daughter fractured her skull falling off her bike in the driveway. Made me realize that a helmet isnt going to do squat if I get hit by a car doing 50mph but it might save my life if I wipe out and hit a guard rail or a tree. Bike clothing/helmets might be the geekiest look going. This is the kind of bike I just bought...havent sprung for the space man helmet yet

Old 05-29-2012, 05:02 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
The BPA leeching from the plastics is a real problem. I try to avoid using the microwave as much as possible.

Are You Exposing Yourself to Toxic BPA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas