Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 11:59 AM

579 posts, read 1,210,302 times
Quote:
Ive been shooting since i was 10 years old....and i have NEVER turned a gun on its side yet.....

Family Guy - Clip 2 from Brian & Stewie (150th Episode Event) - YouTube

Old 09-08-2011, 01:27 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,568,409 times
Pink, I'm sure you can appreciate this story. Today I was leaving the Wal-Mart parking lot on Trop and Eastern. I'm driving down one of the parking lot aisles when this guy starts backing out in a way that both blocked me and would hit me if he continues to back up. He stops for a moment and then starts backing up again, coming right at me. I throw it in reverse and narrowly avoid him ramming into me. All the while with me blowing my horn. He completely ignores this and keeps coming at me in reverse, backing up far more than he needs to. He then slowly drives away checking his phone or something as he glides out of the parking lot completely unaware of anything. He could have cared less if there was a pedestrian, car or anything in his way. He just backed right up without even glancing in the mirror.

My motto of assuming everyone is mentally retarded on the roads have saved me from innumerable accidents to date.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:43 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
UN,,,,you should go to the DMV lot on Sahara, they have a convention there of LOUSY incompetent drivers.....I almost DIED just getting in to park....

Old 09-08-2011, 01:52 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Pink, I'm sure you can appreciate this story. Today I was leaving the Wal-Mart parking lot on Trop and Eastern. I'm driving down one of the parking lot aisles when this guy starts backing out in a way that both blocked me and would hit me if he continues to back up. He stops for a moment and then starts backing up again, coming right at me. I throw it in reverse and narrowly avoid him ramming into me. All the while with me blowing my horn. He completely ignores this and keeps coming at me in reverse, backing up far more than he needs to. He then slowly drives away checking his phone or something as he glides out of the parking lot completely unaware of anything. He could have cared less if there was a pedestrian, car or anything in his way. He just backed right up without even glancing in the mirror.

My motto of assuming everyone is mentally retarded on the roads have saved me from innumerable accidents to date.
What's really scary is so many of these types of people are on our roads running red lights, causing accidents, killing themselves, all for the sake of being able to text meaningless things to people. Nothing is that important, if it is, they need to get off the roads or pull over and then give it their full attention. But they don't. So for the rest of us, we'd better always be alert and have good reflexes to avoid them.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:57 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm.
'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol.Are you expecting trouble?'
He replied, 'No ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'
I love this one.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:22 PM

579 posts, read 1,210,302 times
Quote:
You wouldn't be assuming, you'd likely be dead on.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:57 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,837,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it.

Shooting Advice:
Never let someone or thing that threatens you get inside arms length and never say "I've got a gun".
If you feel you need to use deadly force for heavens sake let the "first sound they hear be the safety clicking off", and they shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.
'The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'
Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, is a drill instructor (Thunder Ranch is a firearms training facility in Arizona ).
Here are a few of his observations on tactics, firearms, self-defense and life as we know it in the civilized world.
"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."
"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way.."
"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."
"If you're not shooting', you should be loading'.
If you're not loading', you should be moving', if you're not moving', someone's going to cut your head off and put it on a stick."
"When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in your back pocket..
If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel or the tooth fairy... and you're going to be one of 'em pretty soon."
"Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."
"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until something else becomes available."
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for?"
"Don't shoot fast, unless you also shoot good."
"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work, but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."
"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems.. How long you live depends on how well you do it."
"You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family."
"Thunder Ranch will be here as long as you'll have us or until someone makes us go away, and either way, it will be exciting."

More Excellent Gun Wisdom
The purpose of fighting is to win.
There is no possible victory in defense.
The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.
4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers.
The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?'
The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'
6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm.
'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol.Are you expecting trouble?'
He replied, 'No ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'
8. Beware of the woman who only has one gun, because she probably knows how to use it very well.
9. 'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
10. A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." - Thomas Jefferson.
One More....
When the deputy asked Lisa why the intruder, laying on the floor, had been shot 6 times she replied, "Because when I pulled the trigger the 7th time it just went CLICK ."
I tried to rep you but you're so good I must have already done it.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:39 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,982 times
Exclamation My first year here!!!

Wow! it's been a year!!!!

I have made a lot of friends (and one or two enemies) since joining, and you people (yes even YOU!)
have been great in giving me advice, and guiding me in the right direction!

Jonathan

Old 09-09-2011, 09:26 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
I finally got my car registered yesterday, it cost $116, $20 less than I thought. I now have Nevada plates, hope my wonderful neighbor is happy now

Atta boy, Davie. Now, doesn't that just feel better? Proper NV licensing?

Old 09-09-2011, 10:31 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Hey Davie.. be on your best behavior at the Cosmo... remember I told you about the cuts? My wife got let go last Friday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas