Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 10:59 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhunting View Post
Find out if Trader Joes has parking lot cameras that you could access.
The damage is minimal. I feel it would be wasting their time. I sent an email to the lvmpd to see what we should have done. I guess they will get back to me in a few days.
Too bad someone here didn't work for the DMV to see who these clods were.
They have a unique license plate. Only letters. I will remember them if I ever see that plate again.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:17 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I will remember them if I ever see that plate again.
I understand you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, put please Pink, why an Ak-47!!!

Don't do it, don't do it! Let me do it!!! You may end up just blowing out their tires, headlights, tailights and front and back windshields and miss your targets of wrath and vengeance!

Last edited by tijlover; 09-06-2011 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: add line

Old 09-06-2011, 11:27 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I understand you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, put please Pink, why an Ak-47!!!

Don't do it, don't do it! Let me do it!!!
Now I want to do it too!!!

Pink, did you realize that your posse is forming?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:12 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
LOL, you guys are funny. I have my own posse now. Or, I could become the leader of the CD thug gang. lol Even funnier.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:18 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
On a more serious note, the above posts got me thinking. Humour me here as my under
standing of American law is zero. I know some Nevada citizens are allowed to carry concealed
weapons. Under what circumstance are you allowed to use it, or threaten someone with it?
Obviously, a life threatening situation, but are there other situations where it is lawful? What
do you do in a situation that is'nt life threatening, but seems in your mind to be drifting
towards it? It must be difficult to decide what to do, especially if you think producing a gun
could make matters even worse than they already are.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:36 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
On a more serious note, the above posts got me thinking. Humour me here as my under
standing of American law is zero. I know some Nevada citizens are allowed to carry concealed
weapons. Under what circumstance are you allowed to use it, or threaten someone with it?
Obviously, a life threatening situation, but are there other situations where it is lawful? What
do you do in a situation that is'nt life threatening, but seems in your mind to be drifting
towards it? It must be difficult to decide what to do, especially if you think producing a gun
You don't pull it out. Not unless you want to get pumped full of lead by metro. Obviously I imagine every situation is entirely different. If you're walking down a back alley and a bunch of thugs come after you, I wouldn't imagine anyone would hesitate to pull out their gun. If you're trying to play sheriff in a public place, that's almost always a bad idea.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:51 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
The only times I've ever pointed my concealed weapon at someone is when they disagreed with my opinions, and after they soiled their pants and said: I agree with you 100%, the gun went back into my holster!

One of these days I'm bound to run into someone who's going to disagree with me, refuse to apologize, drop to their knees and beg for forgiveness, then? Bang! Bang!

Better I stay a recluse at home and confine myself to City Data.com. Someone disagrees with me: Ignore function where art thou!

Old 09-07-2011, 06:59 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The only times I've ever pointed my concealed weapon at someone is when they disagreed with my opinions, and after they soiled their pants and said: I agree with you 100%, the gun went back into my holster!

One of these days I'm bound to run into someone who's going to disagree with me, refuse to apologize, drop to their knees and beg for forgiveness, then? Bang! Bang!

Better I stay a recluse at home and confine myself to City Data.com. Someone disagrees with me: Ignore function where art thou!
**GULP** UHH....I agree with you 100%.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:59 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
I am one of those who FIRMLY believe that any and all concealed weapons should be barred and confiscated....

THAT being said.....I FIRMLY support the right to keep and arm bears....or whatever.

Wear it on your hip, uncovered, for all the world to see....and if it's covered up....even a tiny bit...you go to jail.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:23 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
NRS 200.120 “Justifiable homicide” defined. Justifiable homicide is the killing of a human being in necessary self-defense, or in defense of habitation, property or person, against one who manifestly intends, or endeavors, by violence or surprise, to commit a felony, or against any person or persons who manifestly intend and endeavor, in a violent, riotous, tumultuous or surreptitious manner, to enter the habitation of another for the purpose of assaulting or offering personal violence to any person dwelling or being therein.
[1911 C&P § 129; RL § 6394; NCL § 10076]—(NRS A 1983, 518)

NRS 200.130 Bare fear insufficient to justify killing; reasonable fear required. A bare fear of any of the offenses mentioned in NRS 200.120, to prevent which the homicide is alleged to have been committed, shall not be sufficient to justify the killing. It must appear that the circumstances were sufficient to excite the fears of a reasonable person, and that the party killing really acted under the influence of those fears and not in a spirit of revenge.
[1911 C&P § 130; RL § 6395; NCL § 10077]

NRS 200.140 Justifiable homicide by public officer. Homicide is justifiable when committed by a public officer, or person acting under the command and in the aid of the public officer, in the following cases:
1. In obedience to the judgment of a competent court.
2. When necessary to overcome actual resistance to the execution of the legal process, mandate or order of a court or officer, or in the discharge of a legal duty.
3. When necessary:
(a) In retaking an escaped or rescued prisoner who has been committed, arrested for, or convicted of a felony;
(b) In attempting, by lawful ways or means, to apprehend or arrest a person; or
(c) In lawfully suppressing a riot or preserving the peace.
[1911 C&P § 131; RL § 6396; NCL § 10078]—(NRS A 1975, 323; 1993, 931)

NRS 200.150 Justifiable or excusable homicide. All other instances which stand upon the same footing of reason and justice as those enumerated shall be considered justifiable or excusable homicide.
[1911 C&P § 132; RL § 6397; NCL § 10079]

NRS 200.160 Additional cases of justifiable homicide. Homicide is also justifiable when committed:
1. In the lawful defense of the slayer, or his or her husband, wife, parent, child, brother or sister, or of any other person in his or her presence or company, when there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design on the part of the person slain to commit a felony or to do some great personal injury to the slayer or to any such person, and there is imminent danger of such design being accomplished; or
2. In the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony upon the slayer, in his or her presence, or upon or in a dwelling, or other place of abode in which the slayer is.
[1911 C&P § 133; A 1931, 160; 1931 NCL § 10080]—(NRS A 1993, 932)

NRS 200.170 Burden of proving circumstances of mitigation or justifiable or excusable homicide. The killing of the deceased named in the indictment or information by the defendant being proved, the burden of proving circumstances of mitigation, or that justify or excuse the homicide, will devolve on the accused, unless the proof on the part of the prosecution sufficiently manifests that the crime committed only amounts to manslaughter, or that the accused was justified, or excused in committing the homicide.
[1911 C&P § 134; A 1951, 524]

NRS 200.180 Excusable homicide by misadventure.
1. Excusable homicide by misadventure occurs when:
(a) A person is doing a lawful act, without any intention of killing, yet unfortunately kills another, as where a person is at work with an ax and the head flies off and kills a bystander; or
(b) An officer punishing a criminal happens to occasion death, which acts of correction are lawful.
2. If the officer exceeds the sentence under which the officer acts, either in the manner, the instrument, or quantity of punishment, and death ensues, it is manslaughter or murder, according to the circumstances of the case.
[1911 C&P § 135; RL § 6400; NCL § 10082]—(NRS A 1985, 1399)

NRS 200.190 Justifiable or excusable homicide not punishable. The homicide appearing to be justifiable or excusable, the person indicted shall, upon trial, be fully acquitted and discharged.
[1911 C&P § 136; RL § 6401; NCL § 10083]

NRS 200.200 Killing in self-defense. If a person kills another in self-defense, it must appear that:
1. The danger was so urgent and pressing that, in order to save the person’s own life, or to prevent the person from receiving great bodily harm, the killing of the other was absolutely necessary; and
2. The person killed was the assailant, or that the slayer had really, and in good faith, endeavored to decline any further struggle before the mortal blow was given.
[1911 C&P § 137; RL § 6402; NCL § 10084]

NRS 200.210

If you are not ready to commit justifiable homicide you do not pull your weapon. you'll find that most CCW holders avoid confrontation at nearly all cost as even participating in an argument that escalates into a deadly force confrontation will likely result in prosecution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I am one of those who FIRMLY believe that any and all concealed weapons should be barred and confiscated....

THAT being said.....I FIRMLY support the right to keep and arm bears....or whatever.

Wear it on your hip, uncovered, for all the world to see....and if it's covered up....even a tiny bit...you go to jail.
So I shouldn't be allowed a tactical advantage over those that would do me harm? IMO, you shouldn't have a say in how or where I wear my weapon and quite frankly although I am also a proponent of open carry I would rather not be made an immediate target due to the fact that my weapon is not concealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas