Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 10:08 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
She is WAY too skinny. And ever see her hands? They look like the hands of a 100 year old. I dont understand that.

I posted this on Facebook awhile back with the tag "That's a pretty good pic of SJP, actually"

Sent from my iPhone while driving using Tapatalk.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:11 PM

Across from RCA Farms. Horse rider in the sunset. Only in North Las Vegas.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:31 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
She is WAY too skinny. And ever see her hands? They look like the hands of a 100 year old. I dont understand that.
I will tell you what. Being too skinny is better than being too fat. I am 5'11'',and I was in my best shape in my early 20's when I weighed 145 pounds and my body fat was 5%. Over the years, I have steadily gained weight as I now weigh 190 pounds currently. I used to wear 30 inch pants, now I am 36. The wake up call was when I had to go to the Nevada Health Center recently, and was told I need to lose around 20 pounds to be at my ideal weight (according to them). People always say, "you are not fat, look around you." That may be true, but when I used to have a hard six pack stomach, compared to a now medium size gut, it is quite evident. I did not mention this before, but my girlfriend in Phoenix may be 54 years old, but she is 5'2", and weighs 100 pounds. I had not seen her in 4 years, and she had the nerve to tell me I was now fat, and she was no longer attracted to me. That really hurt. I want to be WAY too skinny and have the hands of a 100 year old, sorry....

Old 06-04-2012, 10:35 PM

990 posts, read 1,654,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Well, after much delibration, I bought me another ferret today, having waited too long for someone to turn the other one in I lost.

Pet Kingdom had two litters of ferrets in two separate cages, born a week apart. Choice: Pisces w/Moon in Aquarius or Aries w/Moon in Taurus. I picked the Aries, as I'm an Aries and since I'm only going to have one, I prefered one who'd be more inclined to be a loner, like myself.

I would have so preferred to adopt an older one, but no such luck. The ads in Craigslist, invariably, are trying to sell a pair, can't buy them separately, and at my age, 62, one is enough!

Way too young yet to start leash-training him, which is where the fun will begin!
Awwww. New baby. Nice!

Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 PM

990 posts, read 1,654,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I will tell you what. Being too skinny is better than being too fat. I am 5'11'',and I was in my best shape in my early 20's when I weighed 145 pounds and my body fat was 5%. Over the years, I have steadily gained weight as I now weigh 190 pounds currently. I used to wear 30 inch pants, now I am 36. The wake up call was when I had to go to the Nevada Health Center recently, and was told I need to lose around 20 pounds to be at my ideal weight (according to them). People always say, "you are not fat, look around you." That may be true, but when I used to have a hard six pack stomach, compared to a now medium size gut, it is quite evident. I did not mention this before, but my girlfriend in Phoenix may be 54 years old, but she is 5'2", and weighs 100 pounds. I had not seen her in 4 years, and she had the nerve to tell me I was now fat, and she was no longer attracted to me. That really hurt. I want to be WAY too skinny and have the hands of a 100 year old, sorry....
The body that beer built?

Old 06-04-2012, 10:43 PM

There should be a happy medium. Too skinny looks sickly and too fat looks unhealthy.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:02 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
There should be a happy medium. Too skinny looks sickly and too fat looks unhealthy.

Too skinny IS unhealthy. Vanity aside I would prefer to be strong, flexible, agile, and have explosive power and stamina. I don't really care what I look like.

FTR, I am 5'8", 218 and although I am carrying an extra 40 pounds or so I am in the best shape of my life. When I weighed 145 I had very little muscle mass and my stamina was horrible. FWIW even at 170 I would be considered obese even though I would likely be in single digits body fat.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:02 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
The last truly beautiful American female movie star was Raquel Welch. There has'nt been one since in her league. As a kid she was the only movie star on my wall. Once I saw her in that rabbit skin bikini, I was hers forever.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:10 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
If you were 5'11" 145 and wore 30" pants I have a hard time believing that you were carrying 5% body fat. That and the fact that 5% is extremely difficult for athletes and bodybuilders to maintain and these are guys that do nothing but train and eat very specifically.

Emaciation is equally unattractive. Forgo focusing on appearance and instead worry about actual health. I assure you that although I appear pretty husky (I actually wear my weight pretty well) I am more athletic than many skinny people. Of course my problem is that I like to consume a very large amount of calories, albeit healthy calories. Although I may not fit someone else's mold of what is "attractive" I feel good and at this point plan on living quite some time which is what matters to me.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:35 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
If you were 5'11" 145 and wore 30" pants I have a hard time believing that you were carrying 5% body fat. That and the fact that 5% is extremely difficult for athletes and bodybuilders to maintain and these are guys that do nothing but train and eat very specifically.

Emaciation is equally unattractive. Forgo focusing on appearance and instead worry about actual health. I assure you that although I appear pretty husky (I actually wear my weight pretty well) I am more athletic than many skinny people. Of course my problem is that I like to consume a very large amount of calories, albeit healthy calories. Although I may not fit someone else's mold of what is "attractive" I feel good and at this point plan on living quite some time which is what matters to me.
I was extremely lean and healthy. I used to workout 5 days a week. I barely ate as I took high protein meal replacements 2-3 times a day. I only drank alcohol once a week back then. It was very hard to maintain, and over the years I got lazier, went to the gym less, let my diet go to hell, etc. Still, I was only 155-160 until a few years ago. It actually was not alcohol that made me fat. I started gorging myself on pizza delivery. Bad mistake....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas