Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 10:29 PM

990 posts, read 1,655,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Tonight I was going to run into the store just to grab a few things. I pulled up and wanted to finish listening to a song that was on. I was just about to turn the car off when a loud banging on the passenger side window startled me. I looked out and there was a 25 ish year old about guy standing there looking at me with kind of crazed look. I immediately locked the door...I could hear him talking but my street smarts radar was going off...it just didn't feel safe. He looked dirty like he had not had a shower in some time, and there was something really crazy in his eyes. I could hear him call me a bit** as I started up my car. I felt bad because I normally would have at least gave him a few dollars. I just didn't feel safe.

Ive been approached more and more lately as well.
If you give money to crazy dirty people in store parking lots you are part of the problem.
They wouldn't be there if there was no $$$$ to get.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:32 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,596,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
If you give money to crazy dirty people in store parking lots you are part of the problem.
They wouldn't be there if there was no $$$$ to get.
Well I didn't this time. Still I can't help but feel bad for him.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:36 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,507,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
First Love
It took his wife now to make him whip into shape
I am way too passive, He is clean and sober for 6 yrs now.
You can't love an EX? Where do you put that love?
Well, good for you for getting past the bad stuff. By the time my ex became my ex...I had no love left there.

Cheers to you for forgiveness and for presenting it to him before he goes.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:33 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Quote:
Tonight I was going to run into the store just to grab a few things. I pulled up and wanted to finish listening to a song that was on. I was just about to turn the car off when a loud banging on the passenger side window startled me. I looked out and there was a 25 ish year old about guy standing there looking at me with kind of crazed look. I immediately locked the door...I could hear him talking but my street smarts radar was going off...it just didn't feel safe. He looked dirty like he had not had a shower in some time, and there was something really crazy in his eyes. I could hear him call me a bit** as I started up my car. I felt bad because I normally would have at least gave him a few dollars. I just didn't feel safe.

You have a very kind heart.
I can't give money to beggars, because I just do not have money to throw away. And even if I did have "extra" money, I would not give it to someone begging, I would donate it to an animal shelter, abused womens shelter, homeless shelters.
We went out today to get gas for the car and a guy walks up to me and asks if he can ask me a question. I said, sure, as long as you aren't asking for money. He immediately walked on to the next car. Can't get away from them.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:25 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times
Quote:

Always listen to that voice inside telling you that you are in danger even if you feel silly about it. I read a story years ago about a woman who was carrying groceries. She was approached by a man asking if she needed help. Her inner alarm went off but she dismissed it thinking she was being silly. He helped her with her bags and followed her inside where be raped and robbed her.

I was at a park once with my dog Diablo. We were in the car when a van pulled up and a guy got out and approached my window. I rolled it up most of the way before the guy asked me for directions to Walmart. My inner voice was yelling that something wasn't right so I quickly gave him directions and moved to start the engine. The guy leaned in and said "why don't you drive to Walmart now and I'll follow you" . As he leaned in I looked over and saw another guy in the van staring at me. Just then my dog jumped up and started barking at the guy like crazy, snarling and jumping in my lap. ( keep in mind this is a very mellow and sweet dog. He never had done anything like that before) Reacting to the barking the guy backed away and said "smart dog" as he turned to leave.

I don't know what that guy wanted or intended to do but I know it wasn't good. I felt it and so did Diablo. In the 4 years I have had him he has only done that to exactly 2 people. That guy and one other. Makes me believe the saying "if my dog doesn't like you then I probably shouldn't either"

Old 07-20-2012, 05:02 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,641,494 times
Exclamation How to tell the sex of a bird

This Is AMAZING!!!

Until now I never fully understood how to tell The difference Between
Male and Female Birds. I always thought it had to be determined surgically. Until Now.

Below are Two Birds. Study them closely...See If You Can Spot
Which of The Two Is The Female.
It can be done. Even by one with limited bird watching skills.!

Attached Thumbnails
The Official Las Vegas Chat Thread ~ Part-1-mail-attachment.gif  

Old 07-20-2012, 06:14 AM

762 posts, read 1,562,936 times
Guys are like that, always telling the women to go cook, clean, burp the baby and 100's of other things we do. I wish they would just quit yapping at us.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:05 AM

This does not look like an Iowa Forecast...

This is from the local news. The Weather Channel has us hotter...101 tomorrow, 103 Sunday and Monday. I had to double check that an make sure I wasn't looking at Las Vegas instead. Of course people here are whining and wishing for snow.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:17 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times
Haha...looks like it could be Las Vegas, except the clouds! Usually we are all yellow orbs! Lately, with the monsoon season, we have clouds. Enjoy!

Old 07-20-2012, 02:43 PM

The clouds come with humidity ...which is low today. Only 33%... heat advisory through Wednesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas