Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 03:43 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Elle Tea, I think it's a sign that she wasn't supposed to get that house. Something better is waiting for her.
I think the best thing to do would be to rent in the area of Spring Valley to see how she likes the area as a whole first, then in her free time look for home's to buy. This way she has time to find something she will really love in an area that she will really love. I always recommend renting first. This way, if they hate the area, they can move when their lease is up, versus being stuck there with a mortgage. Many realtors can also find rentals.
I think the house happened so her daughter could find that great job! She applied online last Friday and was hired Saturday. Had they not thought they had the house, she never would have applied right now. First job she applied for too!

She did find a condo to rent, but she REALLY wants to buy ASAP and rentals have leases that you are stuck in.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:48 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I think the house happened so her daughter could find that great job! She applied online last Friday and was hired Saturday. Had they not thought they had the house, she never would have applied right now. First job she applied for too!

She did find a condo to rent, but she REALLY wants to buy ASAP and rentals have leases that you are stuck in.
Even though I do not understand someone that will buy without knowing anything about the area or the town/city they are moving to, I just hope she ends up liking it well enough to live there long term.
Too many horror stories about people that buy sight unseen and end up in really bad area's. At least Spring Valley is a good area. Older more established. And...Sprouts market(formerly Sunflower) is nearby.
I wish her luck.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Even though I do not understand someone that will buy without knowing anything about the area or the town/city they are moving to, I just hope she ends up liking it well enough to live there long term.
Too many horror stories about people that buy sight unseen and end up in really bad area's. At least Spring Valley is a good area. Older more established. And...Sprouts market(formerly Sunflower) is nearby.
I wish her luck.
I'm with ya. Renting first makes more sense to me, but its not what she wants to do.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:13 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,807,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Contracts were signed, earnest money was paid. She was actually going to pay asking price and has cash ready to go. They gave no reason. Good luck to them finding another buyer that would have been so easy to work with
Does not compute ET. Seller's can't quit because they want to. Practically your friends agent has earned his commission and can collect it through GLVAR...does not have to go to court

Old 07-24-2012, 11:04 PM

It didn't make sense to me either but now I'm told her deal is back on. The seller has reconsidered again. Jeeze. If i were her I'd be tempted to tell them to shove it!

I really hate the real estate biz

Old 07-25-2012, 10:09 AM

762 posts, read 1,562,724 times
I went to the Union Pacific's 150th Anniversary yesterday, It was so cool, train simulator, pics from the beginning, you could go and drive a train. And........free cupcakes!

Then went to check on my EX, woke him up and he started screaming in pain. I was ready to take him to the hospital. His oxygen was working but he could not breathe. My degree is in Gerontology and I have done 3 internships in homes, hospice and health care situations; but his death is so personal because he finally got his life together and he holds my heart. He said it's coming soon, I can tell.
Got his pain under control but it is time for hospice to step in and get him morphine.

My poor kids they will loose 2 dads this yr Damn Cancer

Old 07-25-2012, 10:12 AM

woops that is lose I always do that. But loose or lose I am inconsolable.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:47 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
I went to the Union Pacific's 150th Anniversary yesterday, It was so cool, train simulator, pics from the beginning, you could go and drive a train. And........free cupcakes!

Then went to check on my EX, woke him up and he started screaming in pain. I was ready to take him to the hospital. His oxygen was working but he could not breathe. My degree is in Gerontology and I have done 3 internships in homes, hospice and health care situations; but his death is so personal because he finally got his life together and he holds my heart. He said it's coming soon, I can tell.
Got his pain under control but it is time for hospice to step in and get him morphine.

My poor kids they will loose 2 dads this yr Damn Cancer
Glad you had some fun. And cupcakes! So sorry for all you are going through.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:02 AM

Thank you for your compassion, I have no one in my life who can be there for me right now. And I have to be strong for my grandchildren and children. I said "bring it on" when my husband died in April but I did not have an idea how fast that would be. I am done being a caretaker for a bit when this is over.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:28 PM

The heat wave I have been loving in Des Moines is supposed to end today with the arrival of a cold front and hopefully some much needed rain. We have not had a drop all of July and my grass literally crunches under my feet. The good news is I havent mowed in awhile and I have yet to see a mosquito!

These days of 104+ degree temps are HEAVEN. I love driving around with the top down feeling that sun beating down on my shoulders. The low humidity (until yesterday) has been nice, too.

If this is Vegas-like weather...BRING IT ON. I'll be sad to see a cool down in the upper 80s and lower 90s starting tomorrow.

We do need rain, though, badly. I have 2 water bowls outside for wildlife that needs it. Many farmers are already cutting down too far gone corn crops, and some have sold some of their cattle off because it is too expensive to keep them in these conditions. So, expect food prices to increase next year, they say.

I'm really hoping some cooler air tonight brings a nice thunderstorm, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas