Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 04:21 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,289,523 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine here had planned to move to S Cal. After talking to me and doing her own research, she is now moving to Vegas! She just had an offer accepted on a house in Spring Valley and they close in August. Her 18 year old daughter is coming along...and she already found a job! The house has an amazing pool and hot tub, which I plan to spend LOTS of time in

Old 07-22-2012, 04:42 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,943,971 times
That's awesome! Where did she find a job?

Old 07-22-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
That's awesome! Where did she find a job?
My friend hasn't found a job yet (she hasnt started looking) but her daughter did. She is going to teach dance. So I have at least one nice pool to use whenever I please LOL Its what they call Grecian style and has a cabana. SO AWESOME!

She was a cash buyer so she was in a good place to buy.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:34 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,013,104 times
Hello from Albuquerque!

We left Vegas Sunday morning for our leisurely cross-country trip to Miami Beach, and although its only been two days so far, we are having a blast. Sunday we got as far as Flagstaff, but that included getting off of the Interstate and taking Route 66 for a good portion of the time. We spent some time in a cute, little town on 66 called Williams that was about 35 miles west of Flagstaff. It seems to exist solely for the Grand Canyon tourist traffic. In fact, they even have a railroad that takes people directly to the Grand Canyon. Once we got to Flagstaff we spent the rest of the afternoon/early evening walking around the old town, including eating dinner in a courtyard while listening to live music.

This morning we began our trek to ABQ, but again took Route 66 and wandered into Winslow. Had to stop and take a picture standing on the corner with the flat-bed Ford. After leaving Winslow we took another detour, this one about 50 miles total, to drive through the Petrified Forest National Park and the Painted Desert. Just an unbelievably gorgeous landscape and a very worthwhile excursion.

We're now checked into our hotel and taking a short rest before we go out to dinner. We're going to spend all-day sightseeing in the area tomorrow and spending another night here as well. Then Wednesday it is on to Amarillo, where we have reservations at the kitschy Big Texan Inn Big Texan: Home of the FREE 72 oz. Steak. I may just have to try the 72oz steak, as featured on Man Vs. Food.

Man v. Food, The Big Texan Challenge - YouTube

And then Thursday we'll head over to the Coyote Bluff Cafe for lunch for a hell burger! (Or maybe just a regular burger, lol.)

Man V Food Amarillo Coyote Bluff - YouTube

And then it's on to Dallas!

Old 07-23-2012, 05:56 PM

Please enjoy some green chiles for me while in ABQ! Many places there roast them on sight. Mmmmmmm

Old 07-24-2012, 05:27 AM

208 posts, read 350,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Hello from Albuquerque!

We left Vegas Sunday morning for our leisurely cross-country trip to Miami Beach, and although its only been two days so far, we are having a blast. Sunday we got as far as Flagstaff, but that included getting off of the Interstate and taking Route 66 for a good portion of the time. We spent some time in a cute, little town on 66 called Williams that was about 35 miles west of Flagstaff. It seems to exist solely for the Grand Canyon tourist traffic. In fact, they even have a railroad that takes people directly to the Grand Canyon. Once we got to Flagstaff we spent the rest of the afternoon/early evening walking around the old town, including eating dinner in a courtyard while listening to live music.

This morning we began our trek to ABQ, but again took Route 66 and wandered into Winslow. Had to stop and take a picture standing on the corner with the flat-bed Ford. After leaving Winslow we took another detour, this one about 50 miles total, to drive through the Petrified Forest National Park and the Painted Desert. Just an unbelievably gorgeous landscape and a very worthwhile excursion.

We're now checked into our hotel and taking a short rest before we go out to dinner. We're going to spend all-day sightseeing in the area tomorrow and spending another night here as well. Then Wednesday it is on to Amarillo, where we have reservations at the kitschy Big Texan Inn Big Texan: Home of the FREE 72 oz. Steak. I may just have to try the 72oz steak, as featured on Man Vs. Food.

Man v. Food, The Big Texan Challenge - YouTube

And then Thursday we'll head over to the Coyote Bluff Cafe for lunch for a hell burger! (Or maybe just a regular burger, lol.)

Man V Food Amarillo Coyote Bluff - YouTube

And then it's on to Dallas!
Sounds like an awesome journey...and love the fact that you're going out to spend some time with your elderly parents. Mad props to the Mad Man!

Old 07-24-2012, 12:57 PM

Well, my friend's deal on her house fell through. 2 days after the seller agreed, they changed their mind. It's so stupid because the seller just bought this house a month ago, added 2 carpet to 2 bedrooms and painted a cabinet in the bathroom and are trying to resell it for 35K more. (my friend's realtor saw the property both times it was listed and she has said this is all that they did) Sorry, but 2 rooms of carpet and a quart of paint don't equal 35K. My friend was a cash buyer, ready to close ASAP...I think the seller missed a great chance to flip the house super fast and easy.

She still has to move next month since her daughter found a job in one day and starts in about 4 weeks.

I'm bummed, and it wasn't even my house!

Old 07-24-2012, 01:22 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,986,981 times
look at it at the sellers point... they will get 35k more.. homes are scarce... were contract's signed? if not, then its your friends fault.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
look at it at the sellers point... they will get 35k more.. homes are scarce... were contract's signed? if not, then its your friends fault.

Contracts were signed, earnest money was paid. She was actually going to pay asking price and has cash ready to go. They gave no reason. Good luck to them finding another buyer that would have been so easy to work with

Old 07-24-2012, 03:37 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,280,890 times
Elle Tea, I think it's a sign that she wasn't supposed to get that house. Something better is waiting for her.
I think the best thing to do would be to rent in the area of Spring Valley to see how she likes the area as a whole first, then in her free time look for home's to buy. This way she has time to find something she will really love in an area that she will really love. I always recommend renting first. This way, if they hate the area, they can move when their lease is up, versus being stuck there with a mortgage. Many realtors can also find rentals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas