Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 04:43 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerby View Post
yes, that is absolutely pathetic....I wonder if the parents are aware, experts say youths who
torture and abuse animals often become serious criminals as adults. It's one of the most
noted indicators for future social predators.
You're right. It is one of the top 3 signs of becoming a serial killer. I hope Nevada uses the new felony charge for abusing animals on these thugs.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:36 PM

990 posts, read 1,654,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You're right. It is one of the top 3 signs of becoming a serial killer. I hope Nevada uses the new felony charge for abusing animals on these thugs.
Actually fire setting, bed wetting and cruelty to animals, once thought to be precursors to criminal behavior, are now understood to be signs of child abuse. Not surprising individuals who were child abuse victims have poor boundaries and criminal behavior is more likely to show up.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:43 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times
It has never actually been much of a surprise to me that in a culture where being angry or upset is taboo and an effort should be made to keep folks happy around the clock results in people exhibiting some very odd behavior. All that suppression eventually needs an outlet. Whether it's the guy going postal gunning everyone down, the teens drowning kittens or the spouse who acts out passive aggressively on a daily basis. Of course you also end up with teens like I worked with for years that were so ignored that even horrendously negative attention became desirable eventually.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Actually fire setting, bed wetting and cruelty to animals, once thought to be precursors to criminal behavior, are now understood to be signs of child abuse. Not surprising individuals who were child abuse victims have poor boundaries and criminal behavior is more likely to show up.
Interesting....I was referring to the MacDonald triad which you are obviously knowledgeable about. Unfortunately, I had two of the three traits. When I was a kid, I liked to set fires and I wet my bed way past when I should of. I have always had a love of animals, so luckily I did not have the third trait. Others have told me that I was abused as a child by my dad although he never hit me (mental abuse). Thanks for your insight.

p.s. I am 37 years old, and I have not set a fire since I was 13, and although I can not remember when I stopped wetting beds, it was in the late 1980's.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
It has never actually been much of a surprise to me that in a culture where being angry or upset is taboo and an effort should be made to keep folks happy around the clock results in people exhibiting some very odd behavior. All that suppression eventually needs an outlet. Whether it's the guy going postal gunning everyone down, the teens drowning kittens or the spouse who acts out passive aggressively on a daily basis. Of course you also end up with teens like I worked with for years that were so ignored that even horrendously negative attention became desirable eventually.
I will admit that I get angry with life, but I use alcohol to calm me. I do not care what anyone says, everyone has their own crutch that they rely on to ease the pain of daily life. Some use positives ones such as hitting the weights, while others like me use negative ones. Mine is only self-destructive to myself, but I would never consider drowning baby kittens or hurting someone to get out my aggressions. Since I have a conscience, it would only make me feel even more disgusted with myself than I already am. What scares me is that I see a lot of people on the crime shows I watch that don't have a conscience.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:35 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,724,207 times
Quote:
I will admit that I get angry with life, but I use alcohol to calm me. I do not care what anyone says, everyone has their own crutch that they rely on to ease the pain of daily life. Some use positives ones such as hitting the weights, while others like me use negative ones. Mine is only self-destructive to myself, but I would never consider drowning baby kittens or hurting someone to get out my aggressions. Since I have a conscience, it would only make me feel even more disgusted with myself than I already am. What scares me is that I see a lot of people on the crime shows I watch that don't have a conscience.

You may want to reconsider your self destructive ways and slow down. I was a 6 pack a day drinker for many years untill very recently I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Now I have to give it up to save whats left of my health. And it was really not that hard. I just learned to cope with life instead of trying to escape from it for a short time.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:47 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
I know someone who is a daily drinker. Sometimes 10 or 12 beers a night. He always says he isn't going to live to be very old anyway so why bother. I don't understand why someone would want that for themselves.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
You may want to reconsider your self destructive ways and slow down. I was a 6 pack a day drinker for many years untill very recently I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Now I have to give it up to save whats left of my health. And it was really not that hard. I just learned to cope with life instead of trying to escape from it for a short time.
After Degenerategambler43 takes me under his wing, and I start making a good income where I can afford organic food and top of the line supplements, I will slow down big time with the drinking. I drink because I am bored and depressed. Having no money really sucks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I know someone who is a daily drinker. Sometimes 10 or 12 beers a night. He always says he isn't going to live to be very old anyway so why bother. I don't understand why someone would want that for themselves.
It sounds like your friend is just like me. I have said the same thing many times regarding I will not live to be very old. Unfortunately, I wish I could say I "only" 10-12 beers a day as I drink more than that. I did not used to, but when I lost my job last November, I started drinking more and more. I hate to say it, but I spend more on beer now than food.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:51 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Quote:
After Degenerategambler43 takes me under his wing, and I start making a good income where I can afford organic food and top of the line supplements, I will slow down big time with the drinking. I drink because I am bored and depressed. Having no money really sucks....

It sounds like your friend is just like me. I have said the same thing many times regarding I will not live to be very old. Unfortunately, I wish I could say I "only" 10-12 beers a day as I drink more than that. I did not used to, but when I lost my job last November, I started drinking more and more. I hate to say it, but I spend more on beer now than food.
Well, this person drinks every night, sometimes 10-12 beers AND gets up and goes to work the next day working 45-50 hours a week at a full time job, and about 10 hours a week part time. That's a little more difficult to pull off. He doesn't sleep or eat much. Just drinks.

Everyone has their own life to live and own choices to make, even if that choice is to destroy themselves and any happiness they find, I guess.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:19 PM

I have to change my message to make it make more sense. This is an FYI. Do not trust anyone you meet off of this forum as they are mostly backstabbers. That goes for all the people I met at the meetup. I wish I never would have met any of them. I have now learned my lesson. I am not replying to anyone on this, but this needs to be put out there so that others do not get betrayed the same way I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas