Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2018, 11:40 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,715,354 times

Advertisements

I'm completely baffled by Hughie's post. What is he referring to?

I'll be at the next meeting, but we need a place that will seat us in a better manner. That long, thin table was not conducive to meeting or talking to everyone.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:49 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

I'll be at the next meeting, but we need a place that will seat us in a better manner. That long, thin table was not conducive to meeting or talking to everyone.
I agree. Let me talk to Jon about his place. He loves showing his stuff off, and I believe he still has a great deal of my cooking and bbq gadgets. You will, however, have to deal with the house tour.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:51 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,715,354 times
LOL. I'm a techie. What others have to deal with I thrive on.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:43 AM

Quote:
LOL. I'm a techie. What others have to deal with I thrive on.
You should see his server room area. But on to more important topics, what are we eating, and is Scoop coming?

Old 08-05-2018, 03:15 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
My eldest child was born with very poor eyesight. I recently emptied my bank account to pay for eye surgery for him. Nearsightedness is actually correlated with high IQ, but being able to see is a blessing and I’m grateful I could afford to pay for that surgery.

I’ve worn glasses since I was four years old. A little boy in kindergarten told me that I looked like a princess when I took off my glasses

I’m glad you can get your surgery, Aqualung.

Thanks, NLVgal. I've been on my virtual roller coaster over the years. I had 20/20 vision until part way through the eigth grade. I went to St. John the Baptist Catholic School, and I was an altar boy. One day I was serving with one of the priests at a funeral. I was cleaning up after the mass, and I was carrying the Easter candle out. I made the mistake of not blowing it out. I was looking up at it, and a drop of wax fell onto one of my eyes. The priest said that it made his heart skip a beat. I wore glasses until around 2006 when my late mother paid for me to get lasix. I was back to 20/20 for a few years until I went to 20/40 a few years ago. Such a thing is normal with lasix. I got the cataracts when I had my stroke on June 9,2015. That wasn't any fun. I spend of most of the week in bed, getting up only once a week (via Hoyer lift and electric wheelchair) for a couple of hours to watch a movie (and have popcorn, they have movies every day ) in the activity room.

High IQ? Well, in the third I could read and comprehend at a twelth grade level. My IQ, at the time, was 165. No, I'm not good at math. I'm linguistically gifted. I took the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Apptitude Battery Test - their version of the SAT) twice during my senior year in High School. I scored in the top 1%, and qluaified to take the entrance exam to go the Defense Language Institute in Monteray, CA. Sadly, I never went. I was too heavy for either the Air Force or the Navy, although the Marines would have taken me. No, thank you.

I ended going junior colledge, but ended getting the hotel business.

I wouldn't mind going to the next get together, as long a bus goes near there. Or if you don't mind having alcohol, we could get together here at St. Joseph's Rehab and have pizza in the activity room. I rarely get visitors.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:37 AM

496 posts, read 366,099 times
Quote:

Of course you are baffled by my post.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:53 AM

Let me try to un- baffle things for some. @ 18-20 years ago on this site, Oc to LV, =Jim, used this site as a farming tool to retain real estate clients=banned. Ole Capt=Jim, banned on this site, used this site to retain re clients. Now, LV Mensch=Jim and Doreen using this site to retain clients. Even the screen name they have chosen is oxymoronic.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughie View Post
Let me try to un- baffle things for some. @ 18-20 years ago on this site, Oc to LV, =Jim, used this site as a farming tool to retain real estate clients=banned. Ole Capt=Jim, banned on this site, used this site to retain re clients. Now, LV Mensch=Jim and Doreen using this site to retain clients. Even the screen name they have chosen is oxymoronic.
Are you trying to point out that he has sock puppets? Welcome to the internet, Hughie.

If you are going to call that out, you might want to re-word your stuff, because the way you worded it, it sounded like you were saying that NLVgal was the Admiral. I assure you, I’m not married to Jim. Go drive your cab, and have a nice day.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Are you trying to point out that he has sock puppets? Welcome to the internet, Hughie.

If you are going to call that out, you might want to re-word your stuff, because the way you worded it, it sounded like you were saying that NLVgal was the Admiral. I assure you, I’m not married to Jim. Go drive your cab, and have a nice day.
Just trying to point out that in your wisdom you posted regarding mammogram you thought you were quoting Doreen. That's just one reason multiple posters shouldn't use one screen name. Especially when they are multiple banned users. And whats the matter with driving a taxi? But thanks for all the help with understanding this site, and LV in general. Too, too funny. By the way, aren't you the one that was a glorified taxi driver?

Old 08-05-2018, 08:28 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I wouldn't mind going to the next get together, as long a bus goes near there. Or if you don't mind not having alcohol, we could get together here at St. Joseph's Rehab and have pizza in the activity room. I rarely get visitors.

I wish they had an edit function on this site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas