Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2012, 11:21 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,103,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
I have been in a dispute with my employer so have taken most of this month off. It has been so nice to be off. The way they handled everything makes me not want to go back. Alas, I do need insurance and the money helps too. Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's back to work I go. PS won the dispute with rock solid proof. There is something to be said for documentation.
sorry sickie....the CORRECT Version if that song is "I OWE, I OWE, so off to work i go "

Old 06-27-2012, 02:29 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
I find the only time to be dramatic is when I don't have an audience

Anyone reading Shades of Grey? I must admit I am engrossed, not like Mr Grey but men should read it if they have no idea what they are doing.
Not reading it. I started "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett yesterday and made it up to page 95 so far...but...putting it aside for now to read another book because I am not as into Pillars as some others said I would be. I was promised it was the kind of book that would thoroughly engross me and I would not be able to put it down.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Nah....at least no more than the rest of us.
Uhh......any pictures......preferably, a pink nightie.
Be careful what you wish for. I added a new photo in my album.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:20 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,491,319 times
Hi all! I know, you've all missed me while I've been economically/jobbily shifting my wife and I's lives hither and tither all over the western U.S. Tried New Mexico now we're back in Idaho, this time in Coeur d' Alene, looking for work. Which right now is like picking and pulling your fingernails off one by one. I'm wondering what happened to common decency in the workplace? I can't believe the rudeness in employers these days. Sickening. I won't work where people won't stop barking at you and won't treat you with respect. It might be a medical field thing? Dunno. I'm about done with medical and am strongly considering selling Dodge's for a very successful Idaho Chrysler/Dodge dealer. I'm sick of the Allied Healthcare field. It's falling ta pieces and it's filled with way too many know-it-alls! It's not the respiratory therapies it's their stupid little old-school processes for filing this or recording that. They're so loaded down with crap that the long-time worker's eyes have all turned brown. Then they're going to backstab you to the Manager. I think they're all jealous of me. Goofy, time-consuming processes that they expect you to have down in two seconds or they start conjuring up the 'F' work. No, not the 'F' work you're thinking of. So here I sit looking for work. Again.

No one can give you a minute or two to pick something up in their process. Excuse me, dorks, I'm registering what you said for just one moment. Sick of it.

Man, I was last on here about June 22nd or a shade of silly a couple days or the other. LVD-man, jump into rehab or whatever you're doing and make yourself better. I support you wholeheartedly and will pray for you.

Anyone seen aqualung lately? I've read so many of these posts ta catch up in here my eyes have turned quagmirish. Now that I'm coming back on here it'll be fun ta re-connect. Sounds like LVD has an idea of how he can get back on track. I'm working on my gig-thing.

Anyone else up for dispensing or needing Linus and Lucy advice for 5 cents at the neighborhood stand? Life just continues to impress me in so many ways I cannot list them all here.

So I won't.

Thanks for the rep, whoever gave it to me. My wife and I are really having a hard time lately and are facing losing our Lancer and being homeless. My wife has found two Culinary jobs and our son is thinking about taking a labor-ready job planting trees in St.Maries, ID, starting tomorrow. But we are struggling big-time and what's such a pisser is there's no need for things to be this way if more people in the Allied Healthcare field had more brains and/or more of a heart. Frickin' fed up with this job field and I do say that a change is in order...quick!

Last edited by elkotronics; 06-27-2012 at 03:39 PM..

Old 06-27-2012, 04:26 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,748,207 times
Take Late Night Cruisin`s advice, move on. I worked as an insider for the court system in a state in the US. My state was notoriously corrupt and I bet that Nevada`s is too. You will get no justice unless you have the money to pay the judge off even then it is iffy. Just saw a tee shirt that sums it all up,
" A good lawyer knows the law
a great lawyer knows the judge"

Good Luck you will need it!

Old 06-27-2012, 06:09 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,288,122 times
It hit 100 degrees in Des Moines today. It's actually 100 now, with a heat index of 111. The humidity is really pretty low (45% or so) but the dew point is in the low 70s so it's pretty muggy out there. I spent about 4 hours at the waterpark today, much of it laying in the shallow end of the wave pool, letting the waves roll over me. This is our first actual 100 degree temp in 6 years, though we have had heat index readings of well over 100 many times, sometimes in the 120 degree range.

I LOVE IT!!!

A local news channel baked cookies on the dash of a car today:
KCCI bakes cookies inside hot car | Local News - KCCI Home

I know 100+ degree temps are normal in Vegas, but factor in the humidity here and it can be an issue. (not for me, I am celebrating!) I am not letting any animals out today. The dogs are let out but I am bringing them right back in after they potty. They love the heat, but I don't want them to overdo it. Also, a beach towel was a MUST in the car today. 100 degrees + leather car seats + top down = burnt tush. Of course I still drove with the top down...I just had the AC on as well.

Of course not being used to it, the sun zapped me. I took a 2 hour nap after getting home from the water park

Old 06-27-2012, 07:45 PM

23,217 posts, read 29,026,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Hi all! I know, you've all missed me while I've been economically/jobbily shifting my wife and I's lives hither and tither all over the western U.S. Tried New Mexico now we're back in Idaho, this time in Coeur d' Alene, looking for work. Which right now is like picking and pulling your fingernails off one by one. I'm wondering what happened to common decency in the workplace? I can't believe the rudeness in employers these days. Sickening. I won't work where people won't stop barking at you and won't treat you with respect. It might be a medical field thing? Dunno. I'm about done with medical and am strongly considering selling Dodge's for a very successful Idaho Chrysler/Dodge dealer. I'm sick of the Allied Healthcare field. It's falling ta pieces and it's filled with way too many know-it-alls! It's not the respiratory therapies it's their stupid little old-school processes for filing this or recording that. They're so loaded down with crap that the long-time worker's eyes have all turned brown. Then they're going to backstab you to the Manager. I think they're all jealous of me. Goofy, time-consuming processes that they expect you to have down in two seconds or they start conjuring up the 'F' work. No, not the 'F' work you're thinking of. So here I sit looking for work. Again.

Thanks for the rep, whoever gave it to me. My wife and I are really having a hard time lately and are facing losing our Lancer and being homeless. My wife has found two Culinary jobs and our son is thinking about taking a labor-ready job planting trees in St.Maries, ID, starting tomorrow. But we are struggling big-time and what's such a pisser is there's no need for things to be this way if more people in the Allied Healthcare field had more brains and/or more of a heart. Frickin' fed up with this job field and I do say that a change is in order...quick!
I work in a LTC/Rehab facility, and I walk on eggshells every minute I'm there. They may as well put pic's of shooting flames along with the devil on the front doors, as I feel like I'm entering the Gates of Hell when I go in there!

We're all potential victims of this over-supply of labor today, they can make hair-raising, super-human demands on you, and get away with it! With the increasing cuts in Medicaid/Medicare it's only going to go from worse to worst to the very worst! I'm now taking care of 25 patients on the nightshift! What's next? We've gone from 7 aides on the nightshift to 4, and down to 3 with the next cuts? 33 patients instead of 25?

And dare you complain!!! They're right there to say: We've got 50 applicants waiting to take your place!

The nursing shortage (there is no such thing!) will only get worse. Many got fed up and quit before the first rounds of Medicare/Medicaid cuts, more left after the 2nd & 3rds cuts, more will leave after additional cuts, creating a greater nursing shortage.

But it doesn't matter what field you're in today, the same attitude prevails: Shut up! Be happy you have a job! There's a multitude of applicants waiting to take your job!

Last edited by tijlover; 06-27-2012 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 06-27-2012, 07:46 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,748,207 times
SPLH 27, Go to exposecorruptcourts.blogspot.com to see what you are up against with regards to the State court system in the US

Old 06-28-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
It hit 100 degrees in Des Moines today. It's actually 100 now, with a heat index of 111. The humidity is really pretty low (45% or so) but the dew point is in the low 70s so it's pretty muggy out there. I spent about 4 hours at the waterpark today, much of it laying in the shallow end of the wave pool, letting the waves roll over me. This is our first actual 100 degree temp in 6 years, though we have had heat index readings of well over 100 many times, sometimes in the 120 degree range.

I LOVE IT!!!

A local news channel baked cookies on the dash of a car today:
KCCI bakes cookies inside hot car | Local News - KCCI Home

I know 100+ degree temps are normal in Vegas, but factor in the humidity here and it can be an issue. (not for me, I am celebrating!) I am not letting any animals out today. The dogs are let out but I am bringing them right back in after they potty. They love the heat, but I don't want them to overdo it. Also, a beach towel was a MUST in the car today. 100 degrees + leather car seats + top down = burnt tush. Of course I still drove with the top down...I just had the AC on as well.

Of course not being used to it, the sun zapped me. I took a 2 hour nap after getting home from the water park
It was the mid 100's here today, but thank god, it was low humidity. 45% humidity is yucky to me. That's not low, 11% is low. What we are used to.
Some day the monsoons will roll back in, and then trying to stay cool is impossible. Luckily the humidity doesn't visit too often. But I miss the thunderstorms, and rain rain rain!

Old 06-28-2012, 07:34 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,810,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
It was the mid 100's here today, but thank god, it was low humidity. 45% humidity is yucky to me.
Agreed.

Look at the madness in Manhattan right now. Every summer I spent there bought me closer to the brink of madness because of the humidity.

Current Conditions
9:30 AM
73°F (23°C)
Sunny
Humidity 50% <---only gets worse as the day goes on
Barometer 29.85 in
Visibility 10 mi
Wind 0 mph CLM <----Z E R O
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas