Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,640,832 times

Advertisements

BAH! both of you!

Winter lasts 6 weeks in Vegas,
Summer does too!

Spring and Fall last 5 months!!

Jonathan

Old 08-29-2012, 08:29 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
BAH! both of you!

Winter lasts 6 weeks in Vegas,
Summer does too!

Spring and Fall last 5 months!!

Jonathan
If summer is only 6 weeks I am NOT moving there.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:42 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Summer is May through late September, early October. We get a couple of weeks of fall and then we have winter from December to February, although I can remember having a tan by Valentine's day once, so that's a variable.

August is the absolute worst, especially this one, and I will be so glad to see it go.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Summer is May through late September, early October. We get a couple of weeks of fall and then we have winter from December to February, although I can remember having a tan by Valentine's day once, so that's a variable.

August is the absolute worst, especially this one, and I will be so glad to see it go.
It's all opinion. We had a July full of temps over 100, some as high as 107. (that's crazy hot for Iowa) People around here are calling it the worst July ever and I am calling the best! I was in heaven. I was upset when it got below 100! The August came and the temps dropped to the 70s during the day and 50s at night. That really made me mad! LOL

I'll be there in Oct so I'll let ya know if it is anything like "real" fall. I am hoping I don't need a coat. (need a coat to me is 60 or below. I used to be able to be out in 45 degree temps without a coat but I can't do that anymore)

My Facebook status:

Dear Autumn, I know you are lurking out there somewhere and I wanted to tell you to stay away as long as possible. You make me very unhappy. Leaves should be green, not ugly brown and orange. Nights should be long and warm, not short and cold. Days should be sunny and hot, not crisp and cool. Life should be lived in bare feet and tank tops, not coats and socks. I hate you and your ugly brother Winter. You suck. Signed, Me.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
It's all opinion.
This August has been possibly the worst month in my entire life. It was a blue moon month too.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy fall. Maybe this October I can show you how great fall can be, and you can make me feel better about August.

I'll lend you one of my jackets if you need it.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
This August has been possibly the worst month in my entire life. It was a blue moon month too.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy fall. Maybe this October I can show you how great fall can be, and you can make me feel better about August.

I'll lend you one of my jackets if you need it.
I'll likely have a jacket with me since it will be chilly here when I leave and get home, and I will probably be cold on the plane. I just hope I don't need it when I am there!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:06 AM

Aww, you missed my meaning. That's okay.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,640,832 times
And to both of you, let me explain.

winter being 6 weeks, is we have 6 real weeks of COLD, then its cool in the morning and warm during the day (Fall)
and we have 6 weeks of SUMMER (where its 100° by 11AM, and 'cools' to 90 around 9:00 PM)

The rest of the time the weather is AWESOME!

Jonathan

Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
I have to agree with ElleTea. Hate the winters in the midwest. I don't hate the Fall as Fall is, but I hate the Fall because the days get shorter, grayer, colder and the worst is that it means Winter is coming. Doors closed, no one out and about, dreary, dead looking. Throw in ice, sleet, nasty whipping wind, snow and it makes it worse. I hate coats, gloves, hats and boots and even with all those you still shiver for however long it takes you to get warm.

My daughter, who is here with me, hates the summer heat. She is so excited about Fall and Winter. She would rather be in MI for all that. (I don't know how she got those genes as her father is from Guam!!!) She is not happy about today's forecast as she has school and it just "ruins" how she feels! That's how I feel about Winter.

But, Mt Charleston is awesome in the Fall, as you climb, the trees are all changing and it looks like the side of the mt is on fire. Very beautiful. The color change itself is beautiful to me, the reason why they are...sucks!

Old 08-29-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I have to agree with ElleTea. Hate the winters in the midwest. I don't hate the Fall as Fall is, but I hate the Fall because the days get shorter, grayer, colder and the worst is that it means Winter is coming. Doors closed, no one out and about, dreary, dead looking. Throw in ice, sleet, nasty whipping wind, snow and it makes it worse. I hate coats, gloves, hats and boots and even with all those you still shiver for however long it takes you to get warm.

My daughter, who is here with me, hates the summer heat. She is so excited about Fall and Winter. She would rather be in MI for all that. (I don't know how she got those genes as her father is from Guam!!!) She is not happy about today's forecast as she has school and it just "ruins" how she feels! That's how I feel about Winter.

But, Mt Charleston is awesome in the Fall, as you climb, the trees are all changing and it looks like the side of the mt is on fire. Very beautiful. The color change itself is beautiful to me, the reason why they are...sucks!
I am hoping that once I move someplace that doesn't have "real" winter I will be able to appreciate fall. For now, it just fills me with dread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas