Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 03:29 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I am usually too focused on whats going on in my immediate surroundings. School system, local taxes, local crime, local events...etc. When I lived in Northern Italy, my world was Northern Italy, thats it. When I lived in Utah, I only needed to know what was going on in Utah at the time. I didn't care to follow up on what was going on in Italy any more. The same can be said for the other 5 places I have lived(overseas and state side).

If I moved to Texas, Egypt, Cali or Des Moines, Im 99.9% sure I would never post in this section again.

Don't take offense, it is just how I am.
You might not want to branch out and know what is going on in the world beyond where you live. but others do want to know. I have always wanted to know what is going on everywhere else besides my little cocoon of my neighborhood. I post all over the place, not just in this tiny section of CD.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,982 times
I try and be funny without being hurtful, I also try and balance my snarkcasm with a twinkle in my eyes
I stab you in the back, but with a rubber knife.

Jonathan

Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
You might not want to branch out and know what is going on in the world beyond where you live. but others do want to know. I have always wanted to know what is going on everywhere else besides my little cocoon of my neighborhood. I post all over the place, not just in this tiny section of CD.
Like I said before, I branch out in the Automotive, Economics, Work and Unemployment, Economics, Great Debates and Real Estate sections of this forum. Been following and posting in those sections since my join date(2007). I also watch the news and moderate 2 other forums so I easily know whats going on in the world.

My post that you quoted has bumped me up 3 rep points...1111. I think it is a sign.

If only we had the lottery...

Old 08-28-2012, 02:25 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
We do have the lottery. We just have to drive to Primm or Arizona to play it. You can play the same numbers for 20 draws when buying in Primm. That way you only have to drive there once every 2 months. In AZ, they only let you play for 10 draws, so once a month. If you live close to either border, then it wouldn't be much of an issue to go more often.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:47 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
My children feel the need to write on my dog. I have an almost totally white, deaf Aussie, recently shaved, and it's like she's a walking whiteboard. They draw smileys on her.

Of all the things I did see myself saying in life, " Please don't write on the dog" wasn't one of them.

Life is just weird.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:53 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
My children feel the need to write on my dog. I have an almost totally white, deaf Aussie, recently shaved, and it's like she's a walking whiteboard. They draw smileys on her.

Of all the things I did see myself saying in life, " Please don't write on the dog" wasn't one of them.

Life is just weird.
I have never written on my white and black "cow print" dog Lupe, but I did dye her green for St Patrick's Day! (we were in the parade) I called her Lupe Verde

(don't worry, it was just Kool-Aid and conditioner. It rinsed out and was a better alternative than spraying her with green hair spray which other people in the parade did!)

Old 08-28-2012, 02:56 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I have never written on my white and black "cow print" dog Lupe, but I did dye her green for St Patrick's Day! (we were in the parade) I called her Lupe Verde

(don't worry, it was just Kool-Aid and conditioner. It rinsed out and was a better alternative than spraying her with green hair spray which other people in the parade did!)
That's funny.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:12 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have been absent for the past 2 months as I have had lots of issues that I have had to deal with as I was on a verge of a mental breakdown.

To Kimba: I have now learned the past is the past. I hate to say that I was one of the snarkiest posters out there, much more so than Skisickie ever has been. Skisickie has had a very rough patch in her life recently just as I have. She deserves our full love and support.

To everyone: I am rapidly achieving my goals and am happy to say I am doing so much better since my last post. At this point I have cut down dramatically cut down on my drinking, lost weight, gained muscle, and improved my health. I am no longer hiding in my apartment all day. I have also followed through with my friend on learning on how to trade the futures market, and I have no doubt I will be very successful at it just like he is.

This is just a quick update as I am no longer going to be a regular poster here. I will come back before the end of the year and let you all know how everything went.

Take care everyone
Thanks for the update, LVD, was wondering how you were doing. Hope all continues to improve. And, you make an excellent point. Thank you for that.

Everyone, enough with discussing posters, or a poster. As others have said, everyone's had their turn at being snarky, and cutting people some slack in rough patches is the right thing to do.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:30 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,982 times
She is right, everyone is entitled to Have a Nice Day!

Jonathan

Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have been absent for the past 2 months as I have had lots of issues that I have had to deal with as I was on a verge of a mental breakdown.

To Kimba: I have now learned the past is the past. I hate to say that I was one of the snarkiest posters out there, much more so than Skisickie ever has been. Skisickie has had a very rough patch in her life recently just as I have. She deserves our full love and support.

To everyone: I am rapidly achieving my goals and am happy to say I am doing so much better since my last post. At this point I have cut down dramatically cut down on my drinking, lost weight, gained muscle, and improved my health. I am no longer hiding in my apartment all day. I have also followed through with my friend on learning on how to trade the futures market, and I have no doubt I will be very successful at it just like he is.

This is just a quick update as I am no longer going to be a regular poster here. I will come back before the end of the year and let you all know how everything went.

Take care everyone
So happy to hear you are on a better path! Yes, the past is the past, for sure. And, yes, you had some "snarky" moments. I figured most of them were when you were 'under the influence', which is not an excuse, just a fact. I also learned that an apology goes a long way and at least to me, you always apologized. Usually, on a forum, I just let things roll off my back, sometimes when it becomes personal, I get pizzed or aggravated, roll my eyes, type my defense (sometimes, depending on the content) and move on. I don't put anyone on ignore because I have the choice to look past them or enjoy my morbid curiosity into what makes people tick.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas