Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 12:29 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I don't look younger myself. Time flies. I like the Santa photo.
Thanks. That hat barely fits. I wear a 7 3/4 in hats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
NLV - your a very attractive woman!

Santa you are cute too
Meh, I'm not that great looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Aww, you're sweet.
Actually. peanuts are salty.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:13 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
Ha ha on the salty. I think on CD - salty fits. Have to be sweet and nice for business.

I'm getting reps on my post so someone is agreeing with me on NLV and or aqualung.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:48 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,489,189 times
Love this upcoming dining/entertainment/retail development in Spring Valley across from IKEA.

News3LV - New Dining...

Old 03-09-2018, 04:29 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
What kind of food do they have?

Old 03-09-2018, 02:30 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
Lotus of Siam - YAY!

Old 03-10-2018, 12:39 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
I think Lotus of Siam is one that ScoopLV recommended, but you had to order off the back of the menu or ask for a different one. I cannot remember, but I have a ton of restaurant threads bookmarked from CD. Maybe I can find the mention.

Searched this forum for mention of lotus by Scoop got these hits.

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=31721826

I think this is the one I remember.

//www.city-data.com/forum/40866505-post2.html

And this is the comment

Quote:
They all LOVE Lotus -- but only the last two pages of the menu -- the northern thai dishes and house specialties. The rest of the menu is for the tourists. If you're going for pad thai or tom yum, you can find good examples all over town, without any waiting and for less money.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:20 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
It all worked out. The Admiral penetrated the ER and apparently got their attention. The ER staff had incorrect information about our friend. They had only a couple of the milder symptoms as her reason for being there. The Admiral straightened that out and they got her into a bed fifteen minutes later. She was in fact the last person you would want hanging in a hall in a busy emergency room. I got ganged up on by the friend and the Admiral who did not want me sitting in that waiting room. I suspect that they are wrong and that the regular treatments I receive give me pretty good immunity to most of the contagions. But they both think I am fragile.
Well the lovely lady involved has now joined the angels. We find it unbelievable. She was very well off and had a capable family to help. The Admiral and I beat them up to move her back to Stanford...but she would have none of it. She could have been on a jet back to CA in an hour if she chose. But she would not do it. And what she needed most was a physician running her care. And she could have fixed that with the touch of her finger if she wished. But again she let the system roll. The days took their toll and when she went she welcomed it...Another endorsement for Adelson...her departure could not have been more peaceful.

We loved her. She was unique. Started her downturn when she could not quite manage the hike out of the Grand Canyon...at 82. Hiked in fine...but ran out of gas going back up.

Her body will be cremated and spread in the Pacific. I expect to met her there one day.

Not a good day for us.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:18 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Our thoughts are with you.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:26 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Well the lovely lady involved has now joined the angels. We find it unbelievable. She was very well off and had a capable family to help. The Admiral and I beat them up to move her back to Stanford...but she would have none of it. She could have been on a jet back to CA in an hour if she chose. But she would not do it. And what she needed most was a physician running her care. And she could have fixed that with the touch of her finger if she wished. But again she let the system roll. The days took their toll and when she went she welcomed it...Another endorsement for Adelson...her departure could not have been more peaceful.

We loved her. She was unique. Started her downturn when she could not quite manage the hike out of the Grand Canyon...at 82. Hiked in fine...but ran out of gas going back up.

Her body will be cremated and spread in the Pacific. I expect to met her there one day.

Not a good day for us.
I'm sorry, Captain. The people at Nathan Adelson helped my mommy at the end. I donate to them when I can. I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:42 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:

Not a good day for us.
Sorry for your loss. She sounded like a great lady. Maybe she will see my Mom there in the ocean. That is where we spread her ashes almost 5 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas