Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2016, 05:27 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times

Advertisements

My russian teacher looked like Lenin. My psychology teacher looked like Freud, which was hard on me because I'm Adlerian myself.

Too funny!

Old 10-09-2016, 11:32 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,874,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I will never be a coffee drinker!
Yahoo! More coffee for me.

Actually, I'm a "quality rather than quantity" person.

I roast my own coffee beans. I source them from specific micro lots (e.g., specific micro-estates in Costa Rica at specific altitudes on the north side of a hill). Roast on Monday, and start drinking from that roast on Thursday. My personal recipe: 29 grams of roasted beans to 470 grams of water, heated to 203 degrees F. I use a Baratza Vario grinder, and grind the 29 grams just before use. I use a "clever coffee dripper" which is sort of a cross between a French Press and a Melitta. The brew steeps for 4 minutes, and then it drains directly into my oversized coffee mug.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:16 PM

13 posts, read 11,280 times
Talking off topic, but have not heard from scoop

have not been here in a while, but he usually is all over this board - what happenede to him?
someone get real PO'ed at him and got him 86'ed from here?

Old 10-11-2016, 11:16 AM

792 posts, read 1,302,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livintheratrace View Post
have not been here in a while, but he usually is all over this board - what happenede to him?
someone get real PO'ed at him and got him 86'ed from here?
I personally enjoyed , Scoop's diverse opinions...many of his posts, thou not always popular held truth and validity. This forum seems to have reached a point where if anyone expresses negativity or adverse opinion the personal attacks soon follow. A lot of senior members have appeared to move on !

Old 10-11-2016, 04:08 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
Scoop. Wow, there's another "blast from the past" on this thread! Good question, you all.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:49 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Yahoo! More coffee for me.

Actually, I'm a "quality rather than quantity" person.

I roast my own coffee beans. I source them from specific micro lots (e.g., specific micro-estates in Costa Rica at specific altitudes on the north side of a hill). Roast on Monday, and start drinking from that roast on Thursday. My personal recipe: 29 grams of roasted beans to 470 grams of water, heated to 203 degrees F. I use a Baratza Vario grinder, and grind the 29 grams just before use. I use a "clever coffee dripper" which is sort of a cross between a French Press and a Melitta. The brew steeps for 4 minutes, and then it drains directly into my oversized coffee mug.
"You're killing me, Smalls."

How do you take your coffee, S&M? Personally, I prefer mine black, no sugar.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:21 PM

Default scoop's input/opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
I personally enjoyed , Scoop's diverse opinions...many of his posts, thou not always popular held truth and validity. This forum seems to have reached a point where if anyone expresses negativity or adverse opinion the personal attacks soon follow. A lot of senior members have appeared to move on !
Agree - I thought his posts were well thought out and very informed -for the most part... - some were wholly his opinion which he was more than happy to share and impose (hilarious for the most part) some bordered on condescending which was fodder for good internet battles - hilarious as well!
I guess no-one knows what happened to scoop and he did not grace us with a swan song!

Old 10-12-2016, 01:00 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livintheratrace View Post
I guess no-one knows what happened to scoop and he did not grace us with a swan song!
I do, but I do not disrespect others and post what they have told me privately in a direct message. My best advice is to direct message him yourself and ask him.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:55 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,874,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
"You're killing me, Smalls."

How do you take your coffee, S&M? Personally, I prefer mine black, no sugar.
Yes -- strong (meaning the ratio of coffee grounds to water), not over-roasted (roasted past 1st crack but not past 2nd crack), black with no sugar. Milk & sugar mask the taste of the coffee.

When I'm on the road and stop at a Charbucks, I'll add some milk precisely to mask a bit of the taste of their coffee.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:48 PM

Default off topic, but have not heard from scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I do, but I do not disrespect others and post what they have told me privately in a direct message. My best advice is to direct message him yourself and ask him.
nah - not that serious. was just reading and noticed a high volume poster dropped off...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas