Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 12:55 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times

Advertisements

I'm on a 50 state tour, do that semi-annually, start with Alabama and end up in Wyoming. Just finished with the Nebraska forum, and? Back home for a few minutes!

I always enjoy the Alaska forum. Did learn via a Tampa thread that Bloomberg is submitting legislation to ban smoking in Times Square, all pedestrian plazas, parks, Coney Island beaches, etc. Glad I stumbled across that as I was planning a 1st week of Dec. trip to NY. It hasn't been approved yet, but this smoker may take his business elsewhere. And you can't smoke within 50 feet of the lobby of a hotel. Yikes!

If I do go, I'll stay in Queens or Brooklyn.

Why oh why don't they just shoot us all and get it over with!

Old 09-17-2010, 01:27 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
Cool, no smoking. I want to go there.
I also like doing what you do Tij. I go through all the states from time to time just to read and find out how a different town and state are versus where we live now. After the states, I go through all the forums, stopping to post now and then. I get lost in the games a lot. Too bad they don't have real games here to play against others like spades, oklahoma gin rummy, yahtzee,etc. But I do play against bots at pogo so I get my fix.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:43 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,495,584 times
Does this car look interesting to any of you? Toyota is working on this new design of their famed Toyota Celica Supra. They realize they haven't come up with much new in the sporty department of late and have been developing this car in collaboration with Subaru the past several years.

It is rear-wheel drive, which the drifters will love, and the standard transmission is manual, a 6-speed. The car will not be out until 2013, and initial rumours are that it will cost in the $20,000 ballpark for the base model. Subaru will put one of their 190hp boxer motors in it and Toyota designed the interior and body.

The coolest part of this story for me is that Toyota has announced they will build a 4-door sedan FT-86. I become interested at that point in actually buying one of these cars. Even if it is a Toyota.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:41 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,665,106 times
Not bad, but the back end is too short for my tastes. I guess I like a little junk in the trunk.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:46 AM

990 posts, read 1,654,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm on a 50 state tour, do that semi-annually, start with Alabama and end up in Wyoming. Just finished with the Nebraska forum, and? Back home for a few minutes!

I always enjoy the Alaska forum. Did learn via a Tampa thread that Bloomberg is submitting legislation to ban smoking in Times Square, all pedestrian plazas, parks, Coney Island beaches, etc. Glad I stumbled across that as I was planning a 1st week of Dec. trip to NY. It hasn't been approved yet, but this smoker may take his business elsewhere. And you can't smoke within 50 feet of the lobby of a hotel. Yikes!

If I do go, I'll stay in Queens or Brooklyn.

Why oh why don't they just shoot us all and get it over with!
Perhaps they think if they ban smoking in enough places you will shoot yourself?

Old 09-17-2010, 09:49 AM

990 posts, read 1,654,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Does this car look interesting to any of you? Toyota is working on this new design of their famed Toyota Celica Supra. They realize they haven't come up with much new in the sporty department of late and have been developing this car in collaboration with Subaru the past several years.

It is rear-wheel drive, which the drifters will love, and the standard transmission is manual, a 6-speed. The car will not be out until 2013, and initial rumours are that it will cost in the $20,000 ballpark for the base model. Subaru will put one of their 190hp boxer motors in it and Toyota designed the interior and body.

The coolest part of this story for me is that Toyota has announced they will build a 4-door sedan FT-86. I become interested at that point in actually buying one of these cars. Even if it is a Toyota.
Please explain more why there is an advantage to a rear-wheel drive. All my cars have been front wheel drive.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:39 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I really am wishing you the best on your job search Aqua. Las Vegas is not a place to be homeless, I see the way both the police and civilians treat them, its almost a crime to be homeless in this town, and this isnt the east coast where homeless people set up camps in the woods, there are no woods here. Except maybe in Summerlin, but the homeless wouldnt dare camp there

Aqua you will find something, though I do think your age and health may be holding you back. I dont know if I had said this to you, but I remember awhile back in the chat you said your odds of finding a girl were extremely slim and you used a metaphor or a similie of some kind I dont remember the post too well. All I want to say is I used to think I would NEVER EVER find a girl, and look where I am now. If we break up than I will most likely never find somebody for a very long time if at all. Im just saying that if it can happen to me, it can happen to anybody

Changing the subject, I'd like to say some people in this town are downright psychotic on the road. Last week on Summerlin Parkway I was behind a black SUV who suddenly decided to slam on his brakes, I was able to veer onto the shoulder (couldnt pass on the left, too many cars) to go around him to find there was nothing there that would make him do that. I came within inches of creaming his Dodge Durango

3 days ago on 95, a lady cut me off, I honked at her then she slowed down to about 50 miles an hour, I attempt to pass her on the left and I heard something hit my car. She threw what looked like a Slurpee at my car, or some kind of frozen drink, than she flipped me off, and took off like a bat outta hell

WTF?
I wasnt following that SUV too close, I looked down for a split second to change the radio station when I see I am barelling down on him, and I swerved onto the shoulder

As for the lady who threw the drink at me. I attempted to report it to Metro, they ran the plate number I wrote down, and the plates came up stolen. Apparently they belonged to a 1996 Buick LeSabre, and not the Dodge Nitro I saw them on

Old 09-17-2010, 11:13 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,836,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

I can't fint it now, but I thought I read they were going to put the STI motor in it. The STI has 305 HP and 290 Ft LB of torque. I don't think 190 HP is enough to drift.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:31 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,252 times
I like the idea of a celica coming back, however, I was more partial to the supra. I like the design of the proposed Celica quite a bit. I was surprised to read about them throwing a Subaru powerplant in there.

I wish they would bring back a modernized MR2 with a lot of the design language from the 91-95 model. I had an MR2 turbo. The near perfect weight distribution, mid engine design, power to weigh ratio and F-16 styling made that car perform like no other. The next car that came close was an Acura NSX

I'm excited to see how the production version of the Celica evolves from the concept. Toyota needs a shot in the arm.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,320 times
Default unemployment ??

I was hired for a position that paied 14.00 hr as a supervisor. i was working at the time of the interview, i took the day off to attend a mandatory orientation and training class. at the end of that day the class was told by the training instructor If you work for another contract company you need to quit because you are working for us as of today. on the way home I called my boss and told him that i had to quuit. during the course of that week I attended all the classes as required, when the class was over sunday. i was given a schedule for the following week to report for work and monday at 8:am. I was called by the project manager and told that I needed to go to another orientation for the company that was contracted. I showed up and was told that I was not on the list and to go home, I contacted the manager he told me i was paied for the show up time. no work all that week, then I got a letter in the mail that I was not being processed any further and would not be an employee for the company. it's been 3 weeks + that i have not worked. I filed for unemployement and am waiting for a adjudicator to call. (man what a mess) no reason was given for my termination, my reliance on their representation in why I quit my other job. *yes there are some bad employers in Las Vegas.I don't know what else to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas