Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 09:43 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,476,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
I'm pickin up what you're puttin down MM. Our block party is a tradition and I have a friend that makes personal red white and blue cheesecakes.

Fireworks are nice but it wouldnt be the same without cheesecake (and blueberry mojitos to wash it down!)
Ohhhh, that sounds lovely! I like mojitos! And spicy bloody mary's with green olives and a celery stick

You have a wonderful time at your block party, Spraynard and enjoy your wonderful neighbors!

Old 07-02-2010, 12:29 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
The roads leading up to Mount Charleston are all still closed as the wildfire continues.

I have a friend who is currently stuck at the base of the mountain, she's trying to get home to her animals and the police and fire department won't let her, they have people stopped at 95 and Kyle Canyon Road, (Rt. 157). She came down to go to Wal-Mart in Centennial.

The back way, Rt. 158 (Lee Canyon) is closed as well. Both the Lodge and the Hotel have been evacuated.

Wildfire Burns on Mt. Charleston - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas

Prayers to our neighbors up on our beautiful mountain!
I saw that smoke a little bit today when I was at the red light on 95 and Ann on my way to work today and I was wondering where it was coming from

Old 07-02-2010, 05:52 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
The Las Vegas jobs report thread was closed yesterday, so I will post this here. Yesterday I said this:

"The new job report comes out tomorrow. My prediction is a job LOSS and another losing day in the stock market."

//www.city-data.com/forum/14863576-post45.html

Well here it is a day later:

The Associated Press: Stocks fall as jobs report adds to economic fears

If anyone wants advice regarding the current economy, feel free to contact me. Unfortunately, all the sources I do subscribe to are showing a depression like collapse within the next 4 months. I am hoping they are wrong on that.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
The Las Vegas jobs report thread was closed yesterday, so I will post this here. Yesterday I said this:

"The new job report comes out tomorrow. My prediction is a job LOSS and another losing day in the stock market."

//www.city-data.com/forum/14863576-post45.html

Well here it is a day later:

The Associated Press: Stocks fall as jobs report adds to economic fears

If anyone wants advice regarding the current economy, feel free to contact me. Unfortunately, all the sources I do subscribe to are showing a depression like collapse within the next 4 months. I am hoping they are wrong on that.
Even assuming you might be right, why not have a more positive outlook on life? Things you can't control might happen around you but you are in control of your own life and outlook. I hope you choose a positive outlook. The glass should always be half full not half empty. Peace and best wishes LVD. One day I hope to log in and see you post about the greatest thing that happened in your life that day.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:08 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Even assuming you might be right, why not have a more positive outlook on life? Things you can't control might happen around you but you are in control of your own life and outlook. I hope you choose a positive outlook. The glass should always be half full not half empty. Peace and best wishes LVD. One day I hope to log in and see you post about the greatest thing that happened in your life that day.
Pommy,

I am not going to lie to the American public. Our fate was sealed nearly 20 years ago with NAFTA and GATT. I follow trends and stay off main stream media for the truth on what is going on. My favorite forecaster is Gerald Celente as he is deadly accurate. Watch this 5 minute video on the front page and you will see what I mean:

Forecasting, Tracking and Analyzing Global Trends | Trends Research Institute

I have seen your posts in the Politics section. You know it too as in what is coming. The worst of it is we are now gearing for World War 3 with Iran. You can quote me on that too.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:24 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Pommy,

I am not going to lie to the American public. Our fate was sealed nearly 20 years ago with NAFTA and GATT. I follow trends and stay off main stream media for the truth on what is going on. My favorite forecaster is Gerald Celente as he is deadly accurate. Watch this 5 minute video on the front page and you will see what I mean:

I have seen your posts in the Politics section. You know it too as in what is coming. The worst of it is we are now gearing for World War 3 with Iran. You can quote me on that too.

LVD, my political views don't override my personal happiness. I choose to be live each day with a personal, not political, positive outlook. Those poltical issues are out of my personal control. I choose not to live in fear of the future. I live to laugh out loud every day in real life, not just online. I admire your passion for your convictions but try not to let negativity rule your life.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:25 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
It's very challenging today to keep positive about anything. I've come to curse, every morning, the paper arrives, always too curious to read it, and as you know, curiosity has a way of killing the cat (trying to stay positive). And canceling my subscription, would that be of help?

Thank God I don't watch televised news! Haven't watched it in years, I would rather have my news delivered in a different way.

I do hold an historical perspective on this current predicament we're in.
Recently, I read a book covering all the recessions of the 1800's. That helped me face this current one better.

We've gotten spoiled this last past of the century, with a typical recession only lasting a couple years, and we snap out of it.

This one? I hope it's not one of those recessions of the 1800's that lasted 6 years.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:11 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
Quote:
Pommy,

LVD even IF Gerald Celente is right about the future of America (I CERTAINLY HOPE HE IS NOT), he is telling it in a way that is considered fear mongering and he is scaring people into believing what he says

If this so called "greatest depression" does come to pass, than my move to Vegas will perhaps be the biggest mistake I may have ever made as even Summerlin is not exempt from tough economic times, the Vons I work at will probably close and I will lose my job and have to go back to Florida

Old 07-02-2010, 11:26 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,849,438 times
Quote:
Pommy,

Our fate was sealed much earlier than that, but I am sure I am preaching to the choir here. The second we adopted the fractional reserve banking system, in my opinion of course, we started on a course with but one inevitable outcome, especially when you throw in crony capitalism and progressive political policy, particularly LBJ's "Great Society".

Quote:
LVD, my political views don't override my personal happiness. I choose to be live each day with a personal, not political, positive outlook. Those poltical issues are out of my personal control. I choose not to live in fear of the future. I live to laugh out loud every day in real life, not just online. I admire your passion for your convictions but try not to let negativity rule your life.
Agreed. Expect and prepare for the worst, but hope for the best and find the positive in everything.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:36 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Quote:
I tried to rep you but i can't, so I want to say I really like your style. It's always nice to know someone else that gets up every day and finds the positive in whatever they face. And finds many things to laugh about each day.
Happiness is a state of mind, and I choose that. I will not waste my time hanging around negative nellies. They can all hang out together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas