Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 11:51 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,570,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Its after 3am (actually 4:16) but its been happening since 3 on Friday 3/25... I just was awaken by the police helicopters. Looking outside, I see the helicopter lights in my development...A few minutes later, the police cars are on my street with the police running down the street. At 4am, the helicopter goes away. The police cars now have the flashers on down the street... I hear voices but im not going out....

What happened? Understand that 1) im not used to the helicopters...2) im in (i hope) a good area where not much happens.

Anybody know what happened.... I am at Elkhorn and Thom in the northwest... any help would be appreciated and now i'm ready for the alarm system and gun.

was this what your referring to?
Woman Shot, Killed At Vegas Fast-Food Restaurant - Las Vegas News Story - KVVU Las Vegas
On a side note, I hope nobody here truly believes that crime can't spill out to ANY neighborhood. It's actually kind of humorous how this city in particular can be divided up into social classes. When people start connecting education to crime then we will see results. Until then you will continue to see crime spreading all over as year after year uneducated and unemployable drop outs alike get pumped into the veins of society. As it stands today we have a reactive approach to crime instead of being proactive. If you would rather put alarms all over your house and live in fear I guess that's your choice. This is not directed at the op, just a thought on the larger picture.

Last edited by unf0rgiven6262; 03-25-2010 at 12:03 PM..

Old 03-25-2010, 11:57 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,477,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Uh no, this incident you posted above happened no where near airics home...and this incident above was definately a domestic dispute that resulted in a homicide at the victims place of employment.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:57 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,953,163 times
OK folks I have been out to Bob Taylor's Ranch house and I have never seen a cowboy in the place, only the everyday city folks that live around there. I am from Montana and a ex rodeo competitor myself and I would know a cowboy if I saw one. In the bar I saw regular would be sports fans watching football and no cowboys in the restaurant part. So you folks must be city slickers who have never seen a real cowboy.

And trust me I have been in real rowdy cowboy bars where the cowboys ride their horses in the bar, bar fights. Taylor's little place is nostalgic of another time and it was nice an quiet except for the people rooting for their favorite team.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:08 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,570,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Uh no, this incident you posted above happened no where near airics home...and this incident above was definately a domestic dispute that resulted in a homicide at the victims place of employment.
My mistake. I'm curious as to how you have come to the conclusion that it was definitely a domestic dispute considering the police did not say what led to the shooting.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:13 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,477,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
My mistake. I'm curious as to how you have come to the conclusion that it was definitely a domestic dispute considering the police did not say what led to the shooting.
By listening to the news...

Police Investigate Murder at Fast Food Restaurant
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 7:00 AM PDT
Updated: Mar 25, 2010 11:06 AM PDT

LAS VEGAS -- The father of the 23-year-old woman who was gunned down outside of a fast food restaurant believes his daughter's former boyfriend is to blame for the crime.

Police Investigate Murder at Fast Food Restaurant - Las Vegas Now

Old 03-25-2010, 12:48 PM

762 posts, read 1,563,110 times
I miss Montana the minute I leave, we have friends in Stevensville

Old 03-25-2010, 12:50 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,368,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
OK folks I have been out to Bob Taylor's Ranch house and I have never seen a cowboy in the place, only the everyday city folks that live around there. I am from Montana and a ex rodeo competitor myself and I would know a cowboy if I saw one. In the bar I saw regular would be sports fans watching football and no cowboys in the restaurant part. So you folks must be city slickers who have never seen a real cowboy.

And trust me I have been in real rowdy cowboy bars where the cowboys ride their horses in the bar, bar fights. Taylor's little place is nostalgic of another time and it was nice an quiet except for the people rooting for their favorite team.
Actually I haven't either. Just wanted to pull OC's chain a little bit. In the old days many, if not most, of the movers and shakers around here were of the cow persuasion, and were sometimes the only ones that could afford steak. Bob Taylor, as most Elks Club members are/were, was one of those movers and shakers, and he would have had all the important people eating at his place frequently. He also would have known lots of po' cowboys too. What OC is referring to, as far as I can tell, happens once a year in December ─ The National Finals Rodeo.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:01 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,127,019 times
OHMAGOD There was a crime....I gotta move...quick....

Happens everywhere....it's nothing to be concerned about.....

Old 03-25-2010, 01:13 PM

762 posts, read 1,563,110 times
There is a bull riding event at southpoint fri and sat night. It is huge! you can get 2 for 1 tix at discount tire. I will be there with boots on!

Old 03-25-2010, 02:11 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post

Late in the evening during NFR. Bar is packed...and them guys is cowboys...actually many are drunken cowboys.

Normally it is a local crew...few tourists. Though the local cowboys still hit the place. Still a half dozen roping rinks in the NW. I had six within walking distance when I moved here in 96. Mostly gone now. Cowboys are cheap. Once a roping rink got to be worth a million bucks they went away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas