Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2011, 04:01 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

You see, if I have a chance to save someone and don't do something to help that person, their blood will be on my hands for not doing anything.
The blood on your hands is your own. You got it from beating you head against a brick wall.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:11 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Damn...just about peed in my pants.

Forgot how funny he could be.
No problem...you DO have your depends on, right?

Old 02-05-2011, 04:28 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,488,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
No problem...you DO have your depends on, right?
You are truly a witty yet merciless sage!

By the way, as regards the afterlife, I am firmly convinced that if you have lived life well you are allowed to haunt the topless pools in Las Vegas and get into the Bellagio buffet for free.

Well, if you're a guy.

I do not speak for the fairer sex.

Unless that is their way.

With which, of course, there is nothing wrong.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Act fast everyone. I beg of you, act fast and act now. Or your blood will be on my hands. You see, if I have a chance to save someone and don't do something to help that person, their blood will be on my hands for not doing anything.
Now, when you say "save", what exactly does that entail?

Old 02-05-2011, 04:36 PM

487 posts, read 746,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
Now, when you say "save", what exactly does that entail?

Jesus saves, Jews invest

Last edited by aitchem; 02-05-2011 at 04:46 PM..

Old 02-05-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aitchem View Post
Jesus saves, Jews invest
Sooo, Jews for Jesus..??????

Old 02-05-2011, 05:25 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Ugh, Elkotronics is a Jehovah's Witness. These are the same people who come to my apartment trying to push their religion on me. I have nothing against them personally, but they should not push their religion on everyone else. These people are very aggressive but give up when I tell them I practice satanism. I really don't, but that is the only way I know of to get rid of them.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:52 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I do believe in God and I do pray (though not as often as I should I suppose) I do believe there is an afterlife but I dont believe it is what we're told it is.

First of all my opinion of God is that if he is truly all-loving and loves all his children, than there is no hell because he would not want to send a child of his to a place like that, nor would any parent. And honestly there are VERY FEW if anybody at all that deserves eternal damnation. IMPO

While I don't agree with homosexuality, if that is how somebody chooses to live their life than so be it. What they are doing is not illegal, and quite frankly nobody's business, and they are not hurting anybody or making somebody else's life miserable (except maybe homophobes) I think if 2 women or 2 men are truly in love with each other and are happy and living full lives, I think an "all-loving" God would be supportive of them

I agree with you Pink. Religion seems like a way to control the masses. And even if there is no God or afterlife and NOTHING happens after you die, it does give people somethign to believe in because honestly, just the thought of the possibility of NOTHING happening after you die is both depressing and deeply scary to me

Personally I do think there is a higher power, somebody created us somehow, and science cant always explain everything

I dont know...
I think if there really is a God, (i would like to believe there is) that he/she/whatever is a merciful God, one that loves all regardless. I do not believe in a God of terror like so many religious people believe. A God that is "do as i say or die" does not exist in my opinion. The religious leaders need to keep the fear alive, so they teach it.

There is an afterlife, we don't just stop existing. So we aren't like we are now, most of us would want to change something about our present selves anyway.
When I was younger, I was so afraid of dying. Now it doesn't bother me. I don't want to go ever, but if i do, please let it be in my sleep when I am very very old, so it's one endless dream for all eternity.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:57 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Ugh, Elkotronics is a Jehovah's Witness. These are the same people who come to my apartment trying to push their religion on me. I have nothing against them personally, but they should not push their religion on everyone else. These people are very aggressive but give up when I tell them I practice satanism. I really don't, but that is the only way I know of to get rid of them.
If they keep coming back over and over again, they aren't giving up. Back in California, when we spotted them coming up the walk, we took off to the back of the house and hid. Like they would somehow sense us if we were close to the front door. lol
Another time it was so funny, when living in Utah, we were visiting a friend, and 2 Jehovah's witnesses come up to the door. We took off into the hallway, all 3 of us, and then realized that we were in a direct line with the front door with windows, so we all ducked at once. You had to have been there, we were all busting up laughing at the same time too.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:01 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Ecclesiastes 1:4 "A generation is going, and a generation is coming, but the earth is standing even to time indefinite."

So it is not the earth that is destroyed at Armageddon, it is the people on the earth at that time. I say this because there are some false religionists who state that the earth will be destroyed at Armageddon.

Rather it is those who look away from God and reject the true God's teachings. The true God's teachings can be found only from those who come up to your door, well-dressed, clean-shaven and ready to share truth. We are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Names are important, though. The true God has a name. It is Jehovah. Found at Psalms 83:18. If your bible does not say Jehovah in that verse, it's because they ancient Hebrews deleted it and put the word "Lord" in there. They were superstitious to use the name or schmeared Jesus and Jehovah together as one, along with the Holy Spirit, in to the false belief called the Trinity.

The Trinity, as many of you have heard before, is a false belief. Things found in the Bible are there for a purpose. But the point to remember is that the Trinity was made up by man. Everything in the Bible is there because God wants it to be there. No one man made up things put in the Bible. That's an important point because if we want to worship God correctly, we can't worship him as a part of the Trinity.

There is only one God, his name is Jehovah, and he exacts exclusive devotion. Ezekiel 5:13 says "And my anger will certainly come to its finish and I will appease my rage on them and comfort myself, and they will have to know that I myself, Jehaovah, have spoken in my insistence on exclusive devotion, when I bring my rage to its finish upon them."

If we choose to worship God, it is him and only He that we should worship. If money is your God, it will not save you at Armageddon. I can guarantee you that. The jerks at Bank of America and most other banks that charge you a $3.00 fee to use their bankmachine, and then get bailed out by Obama because of their greed, you know the types? They'll be clutching their money and be sniffed out in an instant in the day of Jehovah's anger. True events. Soon to occur.

The Apostle Paul spoke of a day coming in a hurry, the day of God's anger, and that was over 2,000 years ago! People, I have come to love and appreciate many of you in here, that is why I am writing these words. There is no maliciousness in my heart at all. Time is running out in this system of things, and you always have a choice. You can mock my words if you want, go ahead. I can't save you, you can only save yourself. I can tell you the truth, though. Because I have it.

You know why I can tell you I have it? Because everything taught to me by another Jehovah's Witness has come to pass in reality on the earth. I truly believe what is said in the Bible, and not only that, I understand why it is said.

These events in Egypt are harbingers of even greater death and destruction. People will turn on each other. The leaders of this world, even heroes like Bill Clinton and oh, I don't know, Harry Truman, will not have good answers to your questions. They are either dead or will die. They don't really have eternal power.

Money won't bring you real happiness. Act fast everyone. I beg of you, act fast and act now. Or your blood will be on my hands. You see, if I have a chance to save someone and don't do something to help that person, their blood will be on my hands for not doing anything.
Everything has come to pass in YOUR reality. You have taken a stand that your opinion is the right one and everything else is false. The moment you do so you are feeding your ego and nothing more. There is no room for discussion or acceptance at that point. This is clearly evident in the reactions of others. The refusal to have an open mind to other ideas is the equivalent of repeatedly trying to cut a steak with a spoon. You can go around telling people that your way is the path to salvation until the day you die but you will have completely missed the point in so many ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas