Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 07:39 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,491,777 times

Advertisements

"How come you're always such a fussy young man?
Don't want no Captain Crunch, don't want no Raisin Bran
Well, don't you know that other kids are starving in Japan
So eat it, just eat it (prrr)

Don't wanna argue, I don't wanna debate
Don't want to hear about what kind of food you hate ooh
You won't get no dessert 'till you clean off your plate
So eat it, don't you tell me you're full"

OK, lyra33 and pommysmommy, first -----> BRAVO!!!!

YOu had my wife and myself almost passing out from the laughter. You would have no way of knowing this but I am a bit on the chunky side like the guy trying to come out of the manhole, like Weird Al and his dad Frankie I have dabbled in the accordion, and I am somewhat of a fussy eater. You nailed it with your choice!!!!!

However, with all due respect I offer the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrmLPQ_snEo

Old 02-04-2011, 07:52 PM

208 posts, read 350,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Any group is essentially a cult that insists that their way is the path to salvation and any other way is wrong and will be judged as so. This can apply to most major religions on a large scale. On a smaller scale, many people who follow a particular faith are more tolerant to other beliefs. To be able to transcend this judgment and accept everyone for what and who they are is what knowing god is about. God is merely a term or an idea that stirs up all sorts of preconceived notions by those that speak it. I resisted identifying with any sort of spirituality or religion for many years because of the negative beliefs I had acquired about the word "god". In the end I have come to realize that god is merely a representation of our true selves. When we walk a path of understanding, compassion and contentment in each waking moment we are drawn closer to "god". When we judge others we are actually judging ourselves. If you watch your mind closely, you are casting judgment constantly all day. This, combined with the eternal struggle to find contentment in the external or the future is the source of pain.

The horrendous acts in the name of religion have given rise to a mass resentment to the idea of god or spirituality. It is unfortunate because these acts and these people who claim to be acting in the name of god are probably the most confused about what it means to know god in the first place.

Sorry for the rant, I just had a cup of coffee and the words flowed off my fingertips.
Well said but nobody said it better than George Carlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

Old 02-04-2011, 08:20 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,596,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
OK, lyra33 and pommysmommy, first -----> BRAVO!!!!

YOu had my wife and myself almost passing out from the laughter. You would have no way of knowing this but I am a bit on the chunky side like the guy trying to come out of the manhole, like Weird Al and his dad Frankie I have dabbled in the accordion, and I am somewhat of a fussy eater. You nailed it with your choice!!!!!

However, with all due respect I offer the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrmLPQ_snEo
Well I'm glad you enjoyed..."mission accomplished."

I was actually looking for something exactly like what you posted...however...I just could not turn down the Weird Al song- I had to post it. Now, another weird coincidence...I also played the accordion for a short time when I was 6. My parents wanted to put me in piano but could not afford one, so I learned to play for a couple of years until they bought a piano. I still remember the feel of the red buttons and trying to coordinate all the actions at the same time.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:21 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
Happiness is a state of mind. You can't buy it, or sell it, or trade it for stuff.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_c View Post
Prune juice? You have wireless in the can?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
...or Prince Albert in a can?
Do you REALLY want to know what's in the can?!?!?!?!?

Old 02-04-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Happiness is a state of mind. You can't buy it, or sell it, or trade it for stuff.
I agree. And even if you find yourself down the best thing you can do is look at what you have. Somewhere there is someone in the world who is grateful and happy for a warm blanket or something to eat that day. It's very human to feel discouraged...sometimes we just need something to snap us out of that place. Being grateful is mine.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Well I'm glad you enjoyed..."mission accomplished."

I was actually looking for something exactly like what you posted...however...I just could not turn down the Weird Al song- I had to post it. Now, another weird coincidence...I also played the accordion for a short time when I was 6. My parents wanted to put me in piano but could not afford one, so I learned to play for a couple of years until they bought a piano. I still remember the feel of the red buttons and trying to coordinate all the actions at the same time.
My father gave myself and my two sisters lessons at home for about 10 years. Countless "family" performances at holidays and such. Duets and trios galore!! You would think after all that time we would be a whole lot better!!! Ah, good times, good times. "Laadee of Spain, I adore you....."

I will leave it to jfk to come up with an appropriately vulgar comment vis a vis "coordinating all the actions" and "squeeze box"!

Old 02-04-2011, 08:42 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,418,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
I agree. And even if you find yourself down the best thing you can do is look at what you have. Somewhere there is someone in the world who is grateful and happy for a warm blanket or something to eat that day. It's very human to feel discouraged...sometimes we just need something to snap us out of that place. Being grateful is mine.
Lyra, I love your empathy for others. Most of us have walked a mile in others shoes. Wise people use those experiences to relate to others.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:44 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,570,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuse View Post
Well said but nobody said it better than George Carlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

I agree. I have yet to see a comedian who can combine vulgar humor and intelligence the way George did. He was the $hit all the way up until his death. Nowadays I can flip through comedians and almost immediately tell what they are going to talk about. For example, a fat guy on stage is just going to say endless fat jokes. Very rarely is there any diversity in their routines.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
My father gave myself and my two sisters lessons at home for about 10 years. Countless "family" performances at holidays and such. Duets and trios galore!! You would think after all that time we would be a whole lot better!!! Ah, good times, good times. "Laadee of Spain, I adore you....."

I will leave it to jfk to come up with an appropriately vulgar comment vis a vis "coordinating all the actions" and "squeeze box"!
Wow, sounds like a musical family! Do you play any other instruments? My Dad was in a band and one of his fellow band mates knew how to play the accordion. I'm sure it has a lot to do with when I was born...it was the early 80's when I played. I don't remember what I played exactly but I do remember the motions and all the coordination involved...playing the keyboard, opening and closing and the red buttons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas