Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I had a California Roll once, and nearly horked. That, and a bad batch (canned) of New England Clam Chowder are the reasons why I don't eat seafood. I'd rather have a medium rare havreman.
If you had bad guac once, you cannot condemn all avocados. Because it was the additives, not the fruit. Of course, I once bought a certain brand of brown rice from the grocery store years ago in Calif. I cooked it all up, and it tasted funny. I checked the bag for the other half of the rice and it was filled with larva worms. How tasty! lol
I gagged and felt sick for days after that. I also didn't ever buy that brand of rice again and I didn't eat rice for a good 10 years. But i went back to it when I got my nerve up and bought some brown jasmine rice from Trader Joes. Inspected thoroughly, no bugs. And i store it in the fridge for extra good luck.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:04 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
Sure I can. All avocados, like fish, are evil. I'm not going to push you to eat meat, m'kay?

Kewl: I like the spices in a Nathans hot dog, and the regular size ones taste better than the long ones.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:04 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Larvae???? Gross. Gag. I would have lost it all then and there. Unless I was on the Amazing Race. Then again, I am not even sure a million bucks could entice me. They ate fried ones last week and fried scorpions among other gunk.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:29 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
a Loquat would be good....they thrive and are delicious
what is a loquat?

Old 05-06-2009, 09:49 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
About $50, same as downtown.

Ask, and you shall receive...

Old 05-06-2009, 10:02 PM

252 posts, read 905,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Larvae???? Gross. Gag. I would have lost it all then and there. Unless I was on the Amazing Race. Then again, I am not even sure a million bucks could entice me. They ate fried ones last week and fried scorpions among other gunk.

double EW. Also, a public service announcement: ahem. If you are a coffee drinker, always buy whole bean coffee. Ground coffee always contains ground up cockroaches. (They were discussing this on NPR the other day.) Apparently a lot of people are allergic to cockroaches.... so if you have had a bad reaction to pre-ground coffee, that may be why.

Arrrgh. All this talk of bugs. I'm still creeped out out by the weensy ones seige-ing my home. Bugbully has been DM'ing me to help figure out the prob, i.e. what they are, thank god. Hopefully peace will come soon!

Old 05-07-2009, 07:07 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.gomonas View Post
double EW. Also, a public service announcement: ahem. If you are a coffee drinker, always buy whole bean coffee. Ground coffee always contains ground up cockroaches. (They were discussing this on NPR the other day.) Apparently a lot of people are allergic to cockroaches.... so if you have had a bad reaction to pre-ground coffee, that may be why.

Arrrgh. All this talk of bugs. I'm still creeped out out by the weensy ones seige-ing my home. Bugbully has been DM'ing me to help figure out the prob, i.e. what they are, thank god. Hopefully peace will come soon!
Ugh on the coffee too. I haven't had a reaction yet but the thought is just sick. I guess I will start grinding my own, but we don't know if gunk from roaches isn't stuck on the whole beans either.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:59 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
what is a loquat?
a loquat is ......wierd.....it tastes like a cross between a cherry and a pear.....very small [like a big cherry] with a LARGE single seed.....

Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.gomonas View Post

I did not need to read that while I drink my morning coffee. Yuck!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:59 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
I am so glad I switched to tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas