Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 05:32 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times

Advertisements

Wow.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:38 PM

Good afternoon to you too. I am doing much better since my hand quit bleeding. I cut it on a glass pan that was cracked while washing it. Once they attack me, out they go.

Now if I could only find a place I can take all my glass recyclables to since Republic won't pick them up in their weekly recycling program. If anyone know's, tell me. Preferably NLV location. thanks.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:46 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,068,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Good afternoon to you too. I am doing much better since my hand quit bleeding. I cut it on a glass pan that was cracked while washing it. Once they attack me, out they go.

Now if I could only find a place I can take all my glass recyclables to since Republic won't pick them up in their weekly recycling program. If anyone know's, tell me. Preferably NLV location. thanks.

thats sucks about your hand.

glass can be recycled here in Indiana through your local trash service.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:42 PM

815 posts, read 2,053,157 times
Mail all glass recycleables to gdude!

Old 05-01-2009, 09:20 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,068,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrudy View Post
Mail all glass recycleables to gdude!

dont forget to mail the $$$ for doing this service to you guys!

Guten Nacht Las Vegas!
(Good Night)

Old 05-01-2009, 09:40 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,477,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post

Hope your ouwee is better Pinkie. I'm wondering why Republic NLC doesn't recycle the glass...we have it here in City of Las Vegas. You even get a blue container to put the glass in and they dump the glass in a hopper on the side of the truck. Out with the trash on alternate Fridays (in my neighborhood)

I sometimes get lazy and throw the glass jars/bottles in with the plastics and they take it every time, it all goes in the hopper...

Old 05-01-2009, 10:06 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times
I suddenly saw this picture today so I took it.

Called the Stakeout.

And it actually is a stakeout but not the one it looks like. Old Samson sits there and tries to take birds that pass by but not the hummers. They ignore him and him they. They are simply too quick but they do stay on the far side of the feeder when his is sitting there.

Oh and here is the new kid..

Magic

Magic has made peace with Samson but not with Chardone who still has no use for him. Just as well Samson still has Magic by 4 lbs.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Hope your ouwee is better Pinkie. I'm wondering why Republic NLC doesn't recycle the glass...we have it here in City of Las Vegas. You even get a blue container to put the glass in and they dump the glass in a hopper on the side of the truck. Out with the trash on alternate Fridays (in my neighborhood)

I sometimes get lazy and throw the glass jars/bottles in with the plastics and they take it every time, it all goes in the hopper...
My owies all better now. lol Bandaids are great inventions.

We got stuck with the new prototype that Republic wanted to try. The stupid HOA decided for everyone that Aliante would be the guinea pig and if it's successful here, then all of Las Vegas is next. They give us each a 95 gallon black container and a 95 blue lid container for recyclables. But they only pick up both once a week on tuesdays. So trash simmers and cooks in the hot garage and I assume it's worse with big families with lots more trash than me.
They won't take the glass because they tell us that it can break(well, duh!) and then it gets all in the paper and plastic containers and then workers cut themselves while sorting it, etc.
So that's why I thought I'd ask where I can take the glass that's piling up. I don't want to throw it away. The whole idea is to recycle everything if possible. I hate waste.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:05 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,668,487 times
If I might give it a kiss to make it feel better, Pink.

I'm taking a trip out to Rainbow Canyon with the brethren. I'll post some pictures when I get back.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:20 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,127,019 times
Pinkish Person....go to the KLASTV website[chanel 8] Sheri Swensk has a ton of recycle info [she would recycle the entire world if she could]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas