Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 02:09 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,343,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
If I were to show up at a meet, the fantasy and illusion would poof just like that and nobody would talk to me anymore.
It's like seeing Pamela Anderson or JLo without makeup.
I wouldn't mind seeing J-Lo without makeup...in the morning...after...as long as it isn't like seeing Cloris Leachman w/o makeup...but I know what you mean...I have the same consideration about myself...ya'know, with everyone expecting a Tom Cruise lookalike and all, and then getting Paul Newman...well, maybe in his later years...and maybe when he didn't feel good...w/o makeup.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:21 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,343,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
here is an update: the inspector came and approved my dealership today.. thank goodness.. we will be leaving for vegas, no later than monday and should be there by wednesday night!!! i'm debating whether or not to leave at night so the furdogs will sleep the first 8 or so hours.. never left at night before... does anyone know if there is alot of construction anywhere along my route? cleveland to joplin missouri, joplin to amarillo, amarillo to sunny las vegas.....
Probably be some, but that's always to be expected when you cover that many miles. Remember, in most of those states they have two seasons...winter and road construction. And, going through Albuquerque, I don't think there has ever been a time when the orange barrels haven't been out along I-40. And I think near Hoover Dam you'll find delays. Here's an interesting site. Each state has a different site so it takes a little clicking around, but it's easy. Just off hand I found construction in OK City, Albuq., and Boulder City/Hoover Dam area. National Traffic and Road Closure Information

Old 07-13-2009, 03:58 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times
Default Vegas is the murder capital of the U.S. surpassing Detroit, St. Louis, etc

Can you believe anyone would have the audacity to say such a thing? As I am originally from Phoenix, and have been dabbling over on the Phoenix section for a while. I am so glad I am not there anymore. The above title was from someone who obviously knows absolutely nothing about Las Vegas. I tried to stick up for Vegas as much as I could, but I give up. I love this place and feel so much safer here then I ever did back home....

//www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...rson-nv-2.html

Old 07-13-2009, 04:09 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Theres an idiot born every minute these days. Sounds like another one. Dumbkofs can say what they like about a place they've never been, but if Detroit were now nirvana, I would move there and buy one of those $5 homes right away before the price goes up.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:45 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
That dude just likes to argue with you Lvdrunk. He started in on me too. First he totally trashes LV, then when anyone says anthing about it defending it, he gets all snotty and idiotic and picks a fight. I don't play those games. I'm sure some LV haters would just love him.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:30 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,567 times
There are a lot of idiots out there - ever heard of GW Bush? Las Vegas may have more crime than the average city its size but taking into account tourism - which swells the population in most times, its not that bad.

Detroit is so bad--- well there's a documented case of a guy going to his police station " I want to report a murder" the captain told him to take a seat and they would take his report as soon as they could. He sat over two hours and then got on a bus and went to Toledo and reported it there.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:42 PM

1,009 posts, read 4,037,542 times
Default Pawn Stars On History Channel

Pawn Stars synopsis:
Quote:
At the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop on the outskirts of Las Vegas, three generations of the Harrison family--grandfather Richard, son Rick and grandson Corey--jointly run the family business, and there's clashing and camaraderie every step of the way. The three men use their sharp eyes and skills to assess the value of items from the commonplace to the truly historic, including a 16th-century samurai sword, a Super Bowl ring, a Picasso painting and a 17th-century stay of execution. It's up to them to determine what's real and what's fake, as they reveal the often surprising answer to the questions on everyone's mind, "What's the story behind it"? and "What's it worth?"

Old 07-13-2009, 06:08 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,706 times
Hard for anyone who uses a FINANCIAL publication rather than DOJ-UCR stats to have any credibility.

Just another person who doesn't know their facts.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:14 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,663,267 times
As my status says, I failed the test twice today. On a forty question test, you're allowed to get ten wrong, and I got twelve wrong both times. I'm going to take it again on Monday, and hopefully I'll pass this time. I get to play cabbie to my stepfather and his daughter visiting from NC for the next three days. I'm paying for the gas, and he wants me to pay for the food. :/

Old 07-13-2009, 08:34 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
As my status says, I failed the test twice today. On a forty question test, you're allowed to get ten wrong, and I got twelve wrong both times. I'm going to take it again on Monday, and hopefully I'll pass this time. I get to play cabbie to my stepfather and his daughter visiting from NC for the next three days. I'm paying for the gas, and he wants me to pay for the food. :/
This the same cheapskate that wouldn't help you stay in the condo? Give him a happy meal once a day. Tell him 'be happy.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas