Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 06:35 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Aqua no matter how tough you think your sister and husband are they are still being loving and supportive by taking you and now Ace, as well, into their home. It is important that you never take that for granted. Family dynamics can be difficult and painful.
Very true....Multiple times my family let me fall to rock bottom and be homeless, even when I was working. I remember back in early 2005 when I came back to Phoenix from Vegas with less than $100 in my pocket and no where to live. NO ONE would help me, including my sister even know I got 2 jobs immediately! I ended up living in the backseat of my car for about a month and a half before I got on my feet. That was the last time I was homeless and I pray it was the last.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:02 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,837,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I applied for a job with MGM Resorts for a spot as a show sales agent last night my sister will have her manager flag/pull it for Human Resources.
Good luck!

Old 07-25-2010, 08:12 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Aqua no matter how tough you think your sister and husband are they are still being loving and supportive by taking you and now Ace, as well, into their home. It is important that you never take that for granted. Family dynamics can be difficult and painful.
Some people can temporarily take someone into their house and remain detached, distanced from the other person's dilemma. I've never been able to do that.

When my renter goes a couple weeks without work, and I have to face him every day, I end up submerging myself. If he's depressed, frustrated, then I can become depressed, frustrated. When he's happy, I'm happy.

Many overlook the emotional impact of taking someone into your house, which can take a toll on you.

I can't imagine taking someone's pet into my house, looking at that poor temporarily homeless dog everyday. It might even be worse than having temporarily homeless, unemployed human being in my house.

Chances are, I'm end up adopting it, and kicking myself later. But living in a townhouse complex, with the constant worry over getting a noise violation letter due to a dog barking, rules that possibility out.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:31 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
Quote:
They keep saying that the love me, but it seems like that all they do is rag on me. No questions into how I'm feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
Good luck!
Thanks, I'm going to really need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Some people can temporarily take someone into their house and remain detached, distanced from the other person's dilemma. I've never been able to do that.

When my renter goes a couple weeks without work, and I have to face him every day, I end up submerging myself. If he's depressed, frustrated, then I can become depressed, frustrated. When he's happy, I'm happy.

Many overlook the emotional impact of taking someone into your house, which can take a toll on you.

I can't imagine taking someone's pet into my house, looking at that poor temporarily homeless dog everyday. It might even be worse than having temporarily homeless, unemployed human being in my house.

Chances are, I'm end up adopting it, and kicking myself later. But living in a townhouse complex, with the constant worry over getting a noise violation letter due to a dog barking, rules that possibility out.
I don't know if my emotional state effects them at all. It sure doesn't seem like it. I spoke to my friend who has Jackie, and he said that they're thinking about upgrading to a three bedroom apartment, and taking us in until I can get back on my feet. It's something to think about.

Extra info: once again I am the object of one of God's infinite little jests. I got a call from my crew leader just now, and she said that the big boss said that I was technically already laid off, they're only going to pay me for four hours on Thursday, instead for the seven hours that I actually worked. To top that, I'll won't be paid this Wednesday, but the week after that. That little nail isn't against me, the Census pays all of its people two weeks late. I had made a payment arrangement with the vet. I'm going to call them tomorrow morning, and see if I change the term.

Sigh...even in the desert, when it rains, it pours.

Last edited by aqualung8705; 07-25-2010 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: Extra info

Old 07-26-2010, 12:49 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
aqua, check the mresort site.. if there is something that interests you , you can apply and use my name as a reference.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Very true....Multiple times my family let me fall to rock bottom and be homeless, even when I was working. I remember back in early 2005 when I came back to Phoenix from Vegas with less than $100 in my pocket and no where to live. NO ONE would help me, including my sister even know I got 2 jobs immediately! I ended up living in the backseat of my car for about a month and a half before I got on my feet. That was the last time I was homeless and I pray it was the last.
Im sorry that nobody in your family would help you LVD. I thought my family was bad. They may not be willing to help me with money but they would always take me in if I were to ever end up homeless

Old 07-26-2010, 01:33 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
I only lived with others for 2 weeks since being out on my own. Once for 1 week at my Mom's back in the 80's, and once for 1 week with a friend long ago. For the brief time at both places, i paid them back later for their generosity.
It can be tough on the people taking in others. Anytime an extra person is in the house, up goes the electric, gas, water, etc. And if they cannot afford food for themselves, that bill goes up too.

I come from a very poor family and some are still that way. Some can barely stay afloat, but they manage. Having someone else that needs help, even though they would like to help the others, they cannot. And others in my family, right now it's one of my sister's, she takes it personally when she can't move in with anyone, but always expects someone to open their door and let her in. She drifts from place to place and cannot keep a job. I cannot have someone like that showing up at my door that doesn't know she wears out her welcome when she never leaves! I cannot afford another person here. We make do minimally as it is.

So sometimes if family won't take you in, maybe they just cannot afford it. It would be easier if the person coming to live with someone temporarily would pay their own way, but most of the time they are destitute and that is why they end up there. And if family can take you in, be grateful that they are making the sacrifice.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:56 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
I only lived with others for 2 weeks since being out on my own. Once for 1 week at my Mom's back in the 80's, and once for 1 week with a friend long ago. For the brief time at both places, i paid them back later for their generosity.
It can be tough on the people taking in others. Anytime an extra person is in the house, up goes the electric, gas, water, etc. And if they cannot afford food for themselves, that bill goes up too.

I come from a very poor family and some are still that way. Some can barely stay afloat, but they manage. Having someone else that needs help, even though they would like to help the others, they cannot. And others in my family, right now it's one of my sister's, she takes it personally when she can't move in with anyone, but always expects someone to open their door and let her in. She drifts from place to place and cannot keep a job. I cannot have someone like that showing up at my door that doesn't know she wears out her welcome when she never leaves! I cannot afford another person here. We make do minimally as it is.

So sometimes if family won't take you in, maybe they just cannot afford it. It would be easier if the person coming to live with someone temporarily would pay their own way, but most of the time they are destitute and that is why they end up there. And if family can take you in, be grateful that they are making the sacrifice.
I moved out in early 2008 3 months before I graduated high school. I was working almost 40 hours a week in the evening while going to school in the mornings. I had one person take me in who I had become close friends with. He insisted I didnt have to pay him back, I remember him giving me a bicycle so I could get to work (before I bought my car) the bike ended up being stolen it was never the same with him. The bike was worth around $500

I have been lucky enough to have always worked especially in this economy and I pray I wont end up on the streets of LV. I have no family here to take me in. My girlfriend and I are considering getting a room or apartment together. We'll see.

I need to get those checks from MGM flowing in soon

Old 07-26-2010, 02:22 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
My brother in law is an a$$hole, which he freely admits, and even is proud of. I pay for my own food, and use minimal amounts of their resources. Am I grateful for their help? Very. Would I leave if I had the chance? I'd break the sound barrier.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:56 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Why leave it up to chance? Make it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas