Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 12:53 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,668,487 times

Advertisements

He has a ruptured anal gland. I have to take Ace and Jackie today. They can't stay here, so it looks I'm going to have give them up for adoption.

The member who's been caring for them is giving me his dogs' crate. I thank him and his wife for everything that they've done for me.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:13 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,255,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
He has a ruptured anal gland. I have to take Ace and Jackie today. They can't stay here, so it looks I'm going to have give them up for adoption.

The member who's been caring for them is giving me his dogs' crate. I thank him and his wife for everything that they've done for me.
OMG, I am sooo sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could do.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:36 PM

My friend Erik can take Jackie in, but that still doesn't help me with Ace.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:52 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
Someone jump in and help aqualung and take Ace and/or Jackie!

We taught our 6 y/o Pomeranian to bark "I love you!" All we have ta do is start barking it out
and he follows suit. Once he gets his pipes in order.

Crikey-I couldn't imagine having to give up our babies. It took a bit of looking to find a house in
Elko to rent that will take dogs. We are paying our last chunk of doggie deposit included in August's rent
here in a couple a days. Yikes...it takes human and dog food away from us it's so much.

But still, Elko has very high rents for being such an Oakie town. This little cottage's rent is only
$650 a month, which is half of what a lot of people in Elko are paying for rent.

It lets us pay all the other bills that come flooding in and fill that void quickly, don't'cha'know!

Old 07-25-2010, 02:28 PM

My sister and her husband will let me keep Ace, but it still feels like we're in prison. He has to be locked up in a crate pretty much all of the time, and can't bark. One wrong thing happens, and he's out. I have a three month deadline to find a job. If I don't find one, I'm out too.

I pray that my friends take me back in. It's like walking on eggshells here.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:16 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
Quote:
My sister and her husband will let me keep Ace, but it still feels like we're in prison. He has to be locked up in a crate pretty much all of the time, and can't bark. One wrong thing happens, and he's out. I have a three month deadline to find a job. If I don't find one, I'm out too.

I pray that my friends take me back in. It's like walking on eggshells here.
So what are you doing for the household now that your sister and husband were kind enough to take you in? Do some dishes, vacuuming, get the mail, water the plants? Clean the bathroom? You have to earn your keep.
Just be glad you have a roof over your head and you aren't sleeping in a cardboard box by the Salvation army or something.
3 months is a generous deadline for finding work. Most people would give you a month max.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:24 PM

I'm helping with the cleaning, and with the food. Back when things were better I gave them $6,000.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:04 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
I'm jammin' to the new world order Foghat version of 'It Hurts Me Too' on You Tube and digging
Bryan Bassett's(Wild Cherry, Molly Hatchet)slide guitar on there. They have a new CD out called
'Last Train Home' with some of the best boogie-blues I've heard in a while. They're gonna be at
Wendover's Peppermill in Feb. of 2011 and that's only an hour and a half away from us here in Elko,
so we're makin' early plans ta go. I got my wife's buy-in immediately to go 'cause she knows how much
I love Foghat. Foghat to me is unique because in the early 70's they took old-school blues and Lonesome
Dave Peverett's great voice and Rod Price's great lead and slide guitar and just flat out belted out old blues
standards with the kicker being that they took it ahead faster and better than anyone else ever had. Great
musicianship. 'When I Was Stone Blue, Rock and Roll Sure Helped Me Through.'

So, the point of this rocker's speech is that when someone I have befriended (aqualung, I do consider you to
be my friend, BTW) is having a hard time, it hurts me too. I think a lot of us
feel that way on city data, aqualung, so hang in there and with strength in numbers we
should be able ta accomplish just about anything that needs ta be done. But you know that
you've gotta do chores and stuff ta earn your keep and keep lookin' for work, man.

Keep your chin up and do keep us abreast as to how things are goin'. Losin' the Iggies is breakin'
my heart to pieces. Not an easy pill ta swallow.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 PM

I applied for a job with MGM Resorts for a spot as a show sales agent last night my sister will have her manager flag/pull it for Human Resources.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:15 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,418,899 times
Quote:
I applied for a job with MGM Resorts for a spot as a show sales agent last night my sister will have her manager flag/pull it for Human Resources.
Aqua no matter how tough you think your sister and husband are they are still being loving and supportive by taking you and now Ace, as well, into their home. It is important that you never take that for granted. Family dynamics can be difficult and painful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas