Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 12:49 AM

23,231 posts, read 29,075,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
we deal with it by moving to far off suburbs like centennial hills, where there is much less traffic congestion, and an 18 mile commute takes just as long as the 5 mile commute , central las vegas is a constant traffic jam
But being such a night owl, it's all that unrelenting, blasted sunshine that unnerves me as well!

Old 07-01-2011, 02:10 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,508,898 times
Aqualung-keep on rockin' with the trucking, man! Great job with the life turnaround! Whoo-hoo!

I hope this doesn't make you feel sad but it is my wish that you could one day regain some Iggies of yer own again!

Old 07-01-2011, 07:55 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,953,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Being a confirmed night owl, usually sleeping from 9a-10a to 5p-6p everyday, I had to drag my body out of bed today at 2pm for a 3pm Dr.'s appt. Thank God I only have to navigate this city, during the daytime, once or twice a year! I was so sapped after returning home, I wanted to dive right into bed!

How on earth do you daytrippers do it!!!
I LOVE the daytime! To me it is when the world is alive! I like alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
But being such a night owl, it's all that unrelenting, blasted sunshine that unnerves me as well!
You seriously should head to MI...you will not have to worry about sunshine, rarely, during the day!

Old 07-01-2011, 06:29 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,588,276 times
Today has been a very good day. At work they changed my position to pool host, it will be $1.75 an hr less but it will be a guaranteed 40 hrs and tips as well

Also at work today I got to meet Vince Vaughn and Rihanna

just wanted to let you all know. Vince Vaughn was so cool. Rihanna...lets not talk about how I feel about her

Old 07-01-2011, 06:51 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,225,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Today has been a very good day. At work they changed my position to pool host, it will be $1.75 an hr less but it will be a guaranteed 40 hrs and tips as well

Also at work today I got to meet Vince Vaughn and Rihanna

just wanted to let you all know. Vince Vaughn was so cool. Rihanna...lets not talk about how I feel about her
Davie...explain the difference please. Those of us too old to care are always curious...

Old 07-01-2011, 08:38 PM

23,231 posts, read 29,075,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I LOVE the daytime! To me it is when the world is alive! I like alive!

You seriously should head to MI...you will not have to worry about sunshine, rarely, during the day!
Interestingly, I moved here from cloudy MN for the sunshine, and now, what's going on!

Perhaps it has somethig to do with working the night shift for 10 years, sleeping all day, and now I find the sunshine irritating. I don't mind a couple of hours of it after work, but no more!

Can hardly wait for the days to get shorter!

Old 07-01-2011, 10:15 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,012,706 times
Here's some humor. The Cosmopolitan called today and wanted to know if I was interested in working in the cage. The woman than realized that I already worked for them previously in the cage. She then told me that they will call me when a different position opens up. No thanks! The company is backwards.... Davey read your book that you received at orientation. By changing positions you are back into a probationary period of 90 days! They also challenged my unemployment and lost! I also have initiated litigation against them but that's for another post

Last edited by airics; 07-01-2011 at 10:59 PM..

Old 07-01-2011, 10:57 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,571,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Here's some humor. The Cosmopolitan called today and wanted to know if I was interested in working in the cage. The woman than realized that I already worked for them previously in the cage. She then told me that they will call me when a different position opens up. No thanks! The company is backwards.... Davey read your book that you received at orientation. By changing positions you are back into a probationary period of 90 days! They also challenged by unemployment and lost! I also have initiated litigation against them but that's for another post
Good for you airics. People need to stand up to companies treating people like crap. My girlfriend recently got hurt at work and they couldn't give her any time off. On top of that they are making her do things that are further hurting her injury and against doctors orders. I see now why all these injury lawyers are in business.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:57 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,260,216 times
I cant take it anymore. Hopefuolly I can slelp for the next 24 hours.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:21 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,508,898 times
Rihanna...lets not talk about how I feel about her

Davie, what do you mean by this comment? I had listened to my son play these songs upstairs over and over and over again. I finally asked who does those?

"Rihanna."

"Oh, Rihanna!" I replied.

"That's my girl," my son retorted.

You know what, I actually like these two Rihanna songs he plays all time..."Sex in he air and it's somthing or other good..." and this other one that I can't think of the lyrics to but the boy says they're both big hits. But I like it, though.

At Hasting's Book Store in Coeur d' Alene they played both of them while I was there reading car magazines one Saturday night. She's hired someone who knows how to write clever, catchy riff Jamaican-type songs.

No, but Davie, what do you mean by your comment, man? I gotta know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas