Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 03:39 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
They found the burnt remains of a 15 year old girl out in the desert by me a few weeks ago.
I visited the memorial near Grand Teton and Grand Canyon to say a prayer for her and her family and friends. It was just brutal how she was killed, a perfectly innocent life gone at the hands of a cold blooded killer, in what's considered a "safe" area

Old 09-27-2011, 04:14 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,667 times
It's very sad...I don't really watch the news so I don't know the details. I just heard about it from a friend.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:27 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
I about scared my new young 22 year old neighbor half to death telling her about that teens murder. She is extra afraid to go anywhere after dark and keeps all her blinds closed. I told her she can let some light in there and that the neighbors really can't see in her house during the day unless a light is on. She doesn't believe it. Her husband is in Iraq so she waits for him to get there and stays inside most of the time. We are helping watch over her until her husband gets back.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:27 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I about scared my new young 22 year old neighbor half to death telling her about that teens murder. She is extra afraid to go anywhere after dark and keeps all her blinds closed. I told her she can let some light in there and that the neighbors really can't see in her house during the day unless a light is on. She doesn't believe it. Her husband is in Iraq so she waits for him to get there and stays inside most of the time. We are helping watch over her until her husband gets back.
I could somewhat understand this if the killer was still at large, but as we know he has been caught. This is no way for her to live. Car accidents are the #1 killer of people under 30. She would be over a thousand times more likely to die that way. Should younger people be terrified to get in the car? Of course not.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:16 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I could somewhat understand this if the killer was still at large, but as we know he has been caught. This is no way for her to live. Car accidents are the #1 killer of people under 30. She would be over a thousand times more likely to die that way. Should younger people be terrified to get in the car? Of course not.
I think she is just a little timid. Doesn't like being alone waiting for her husband that has been gone longer than they've been together according to her. She is still young, I figure she will outgrow this stage and become more confident as life goes on. I certainly hope so for her sake.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:28 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
I was actually kidnapped and beaten over a week ago by somebody but I'm not afraid to leave my house

Old 09-27-2011, 08:08 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,569 times
Went camping up on Mt. Charleston yesterday. The view was amazing. Unfortunately right as we were going to sleep all these rowdy drunks showed up on some camp site I couldn't see in the dark making tons of noise until like 5am. It was really irritating considering I paid my dues to use a site, abide by the rules and then didn't get hardly any sleep. After talking to a someone else up there in the morning, apparently the drunks brought their little kids with them too while they were up all night drinking and cussing on the mountain. Good thing I'm not still working in mental health. I'd be working with those same kids the next day.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:46 PM

579 posts, read 1,210,573 times
Quote:
I was actually kidnapped and beaten over a week ago by somebody
Quote:
Went camping up on Mt. Charleston yesterday. The view was amazing.
Gotta love this thread......it's all over the darn place.

Quote:
I could somewhat understand this if the killer was still at large, but as we know he has been caught.
It's not so much that "he's" still out there, it's more that it hit close to home. Easy to overlook crime till it happens in your own backyard. I think CH feels "safe" to families, and they just got a wake up call.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:38 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I visited the memorial near Grand Teton and Grand Canyon to say a prayer for her and her family and friends. It was just brutal how she was killed, a perfectly innocent life gone at the hands of a cold blooded killer, in what's considered a "safe" area
I actually often drive to the end of Grand Canyon to watch the sunset sometimes...I still feel pretty safe. I refuse to go through life scared.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:06 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha0608 View Post
Finding a family member dead by their own hand no matter how they are found is traumatic. I can assure you we don't appreciate the way you chose to die whether its blowing your brains out on the back of the wall or sitting in your car.
Ummm...that's why the work of Dr. Kevorkian was so critical...no one has to go either way. He fought for dignified euthanasia...you know, like what we lovingly give to our pets when their time is done, to save them from cruel and unnecessary suffering. Believe me...I have witnessed, and so has tijlover, and many of us have...that there is a point for many when their useful and meaningful lives has passed...and they sit there wishing for death to take them to bring on the inevitable.

Tij shouldn't have to keep his gun for when that time comes for him...and I shouldn't have to sit in the car. But rest assured...if dignified euthanasia laws are not passed if...and when I get to that point (and I do beleive they will be in all 50 states in my lifetime)...I will take matters into in my own hand.

It's my life...and my death...on my terms.

Tij and I are not alone in this thinking. Try to keep an open mind as you read on...

Essay: The right to die - The New York Times

Last edited by jfkIII; 09-27-2011 at 11:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas