Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 10:52 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,433,439 times

Advertisements

My last surviving Aunt died a few weeks ago. I was stood at her graveside with her
children, and the other children of my father's brothers and sisters. We are quite a
middle aged bunch now! Only seems yesterday we were all young kids. We had a party
in a pub afterwards, these funerals and weddings are the only time we all get together
now. I looked at my son, and my cousins children, I was aware they have taken our place
in the family lineup, and my cousins and I are now the elders. Thats the circle of life I guess.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:18 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,507,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
What the hell kind of facility do you work for that would actually councel suicide as a solution to alcohol and/or drug addiction???? Extremely immoral and irresponsible, IMO. You definitely don't want me on your jury, as I would hold anyone who suggests suicide in that position to be partially responsible for that person's death by suicide! If one of your charges actually commits suicide, do you actually want that on your conscience????

Suicide is an extremely personal decision that can solely (and souly) come from within an individual as a solution. Even the Japanese WWII suicide pilots (Hare Kare) had to summon that decision from within.

Obviously, our only common ground exists in the fact that we both support right-to-die issues for the terminally ill. I do not agree on your thoughts of suicide, at all.
correction: Kamikaze is Japanese WWII Pilots on suicide missions. Hare Kare was suicide by the defeated (and therefore disgraced) Samauri. All else still applies.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:41 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
This movie was based on a true story that is definitely worth watching regarding suicide. This is definitely the way I would like to go, but I cannot find Seconal, and I highly doubt my friends would go for this.

It's My Party (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Best suicide scenes in films? I loved the one in "Soylent Greene", where the Father went to the "center" and got to lie in a hospital bed, watching a film with animals, a deer running in a field, flowers, music...excellent way to choose.

Or who could forget the scene in "Thelma and Louise" when they just go over the edge in the car? Now that is a great film.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:55 AM

1,828 posts, read 5,314,777 times
Best suicide scene in a film for me is Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket. A man out of his mind, very fitting.

Probably NSFW >>
Full Metal Jacket (1987) - Private. Pyle's greatest hour. - YouTube

Old 09-29-2011, 12:14 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,570,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
What the hell kind of facility do you work for that would actually councel suicide as a solution to alcohol and/or drug addiction???? Extremely immoral and irresponsible, IMO. You definitely don't want me on your jury, as I would hold anyone who suggests suicide in that position to be partially responsible for that person's death by suicide! If one of your charges actually commits suicide, do you actually want that on your conscience????

Suicide is an extremely personal decision that can solely (and souly) come from within an individual as a solution. Even the Japanese WWII suicide pilots (Hare Kare) had to summon that decision from within.

Obviously, our only common ground exists in the fact that we both support right-to-die issues for the terminally ill. I do not agree on your thoughts of suicide, at all.
I almost had several people die on my watch when I worked at a treatment facility back in MA. One girl wouldn't stop trying to hang herself and almost died if I didn't walk by and notice in time. You better believe that suggesting suicide as an option could very well land me behind bars in the event one of them actually died and someone else heard me suggest it. Someone that's unstable has no business working in that field to begin with. I saw way too many people come in, not be able to handle it and fall away. Then there's those people who are more messed up than the patients sticking it out there for god knows what reason. But it sure as hell doesn't help the people you're treating.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:10 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
I can't stand suicidal people. They are too needy, self centered, and usually want attention and validation. People like that, make me want to tell them to jump.

So, I know, I would never be a good counselor for people with those issues.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:33 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I can't stand suicidal people. They are too needy, self centered, and usually want attention and validation. People like that, make me want to tell them to jump.

So, I know, I would never be a good counselor for people with those issues.
Same here....my 1stxeifewhatzernamethewitch was waving a ww11 knie aribd as i was leaving....I walked back and said.....if youre gonna do it, do it on the tile, it's easier to clean up.....I walked away n have never seen her since.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:07 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,570,019 times
Well, I'm no longer rooting for my apartment complex. I have now had to deal with whoever happens to be employed in the leasing office four times after four consecutive threats and demands to pay pet rent have been placed on my door. The last one being a fake 5 day notice not signed by anyone and not directly delivered to me in person. Every time I have gone in they have said that the previous demands were mistakes and that I do not owe pet rent due to making a $300 deposit when I first moved in. Seems like they can't keep a regular person working in there for longer than two weeks. The stupidity is just unbelievable.

Does anyone happen to know by chance if I still need to formally contest this notice with the court even though it's not signed by anyone and the manager gave me something in writing dated today that I do not owe pet rent and swears no papers were legally filed?

Last edited by unf0rgiven6262; 09-29-2011 at 04:43 PM..

Old 09-29-2011, 04:29 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
Well here is some good news:

Animal abuse becomes a felony in Nevada - www.ktnv.com

Old 09-29-2011, 05:23 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,725,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Well, I'm no longer rooting for my apartment complex. I have now had to deal with whoever happens to be employed in the leasing office four times after four consecutive threats and demands to pay pet rent have been placed on my door. The last one being a fake 5 day notice not signed by anyone and not directly delivered to me in person. Every time I have gone in they have said that the previous demands were mistakes and that I do not owe pet rent due to making a $300 deposit when I first moved in. Seems like they can't keep a regular person working in there for longer than two weeks. The stupidity is just unbelievable.

Does anyone happen to know by chance if I still need to formally contest this notice with the court even though it's not signed by anyone and the manager gave me something in writing dated today that I do not owe pet rent and swears no papers were legally filed?

If you want to be a d@ck. Pay the $40 filing fee and contest the 5 day pay or quit notice. I am sure you end up with a months free rent and the property manager would get a stern warning from the judge to stop wasting the courts time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas