Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 06:50 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm planning on driving down to Tucson and Nogales Sunday morning, and I've so spooked myself out reading those Phoenix threads on red-light/speed cameras, and their over-vigilance by the police, I'm torn between driving straight south to Blythe (thru desert roads) and then head east, and skirt Phx by doing a turn-off at Buckeye and go south, or face the "music", go thru Wickenberg and the PHX area.

After having gotten those two traffic fines, recently, I'm scared to death of getting another ticket, and I'll be stressed out to the max anyway!

This is going to be a scouting mission for potential places to retire, and I'm going to meet-up with a City-data.com friend as well.
There's a secret way to avoiding those tickets that not everyone is aware of......drive within the speed limit.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:55 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
That was hilarious! Wrong music for sure. Someone at CNN needs a spanking.
If it's a hot young female intern, then I'll be more than happy to take on that task.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:51 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
There's a secret way to avoiding those tickets that not everyone is aware of......drive within the speed limit.
There's many times you don't drive within the speed limit, and your telling someone else to drive within the speed limit!

Here's the scare! I get of work at 6am, plan to leave after that, with no sleep, and you know how your vigilance level declines after 5-6 hours on the road (to Phoenix) and I've got 2 more hours to Tucson. You know the score, you've done it, the closer you get to your destination the antsier you get, the tendency to be more careless, get foot heavy towards the end.

Just to drive 20 miles across town, it's an impossible task to drive within the speed limit, without going over, for anyone!

I screwed up though on my days off, I won't leave now until Tues. a.m. after work, back on Saturday.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:19 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
LOL...it's not impossible for me to do the speed limit...I am that person you all tailgate and call names! Funny thing is that the people will fly around me only to have me wave at them at the next light or traffic jam! Do you have cruise control?

Old 10-01-2011, 10:02 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Oops, CNN really screwed up here. Watch this for a good laugh....

CNN plays the wrong music and apologizes - YouTube
Tried to rep you, but no go. Thanks for down-deep hard belly laugh that had my wife running from the dining room to see what was so funny.

My logical mind tells me that somebody knew exactly what was playing for that story.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhunting View Post
Best suicide film in my opinion was The Virgin Suicides by Sofia Coppola.......great film, pretty haunting.
Best heartfelt suicide scene close to real life depression thinking: A Few Good Men. The mental situation that the Marine Sargeant was put into is one that leads the weakened mind to view it as a valid way out. He couldn't live with himself for not testifying and telling the truth, but his marine training ("The Code") would not allow him to testify. In his mind...and at that moment...there was only one way out.

In major depression thinking...you know you've got to get up and carry on with life...yet the depression is so unbearable and makes it so painful to do so. When forcing yourself to do it day-after-day, month-after-month (sometimes year-after-year!) with what seems like no relief in sight...it's at moments like that, that suicide begins to feel like a valid solution.

Last edited by jfkIII; 10-01-2011 at 10:33 AM..

Old 10-01-2011, 10:22 AM

579 posts, read 1,209,760 times
Quote:
My logical mind tells me that somebody knew exactly what was playing for that story.
Oh ya, for sure............no station, especially a reputable national headline news station, happens to have that queued in it's audio system. We were thinking that some of the guys in editing in the back were messing around with each other, probably left it in to mess with one of their bosses or something and then forgot to take it out before airing. Someones head was rolling over that one, doubt he still has his job. I was at once appalled and yet hysterically laughing............didn't expect that song. Heck, didn't know that song existed? But what's even funnier to me was that it wasn't like this music just started playing in the intro, the reporter actually says, "Miss Flavor, this shout outs to you!" before the music kicks in. Can't beat that! Then she has to sulk back and claim that CNN is working "very hard to make up for it". Then she smiles and is like, well anywho, later in in the news..........

Old 10-01-2011, 10:25 AM

...she knows it's not her head that's going to roll.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:11 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Tried to rep you, but no go. Thanks for down-deep hard belly laugh that had my wife running from the dining room to see what was so funny.

Lol, I'm betting they played the wrong music but it wasn't that song. Someone probably remixed the video with an even worse song that you heard here. Either way that was pretty damn funny.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Lol, I'm betting they played the wrong music but it wasn't that song. Someone probably remixed the video with an even worse song that you heard here. Either way that was pretty damn funny.
I'd love to see the faces of all her elderly friends and family that gathered over her house to see that story presented on a national network...priceless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas