Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 08:00 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I moved on back in 2006. She is the one who needs to move on and leave me alone. She obviously had been searching for me as I had my Facebook account for less than one day and she sent me a friends request. I needed to finally stop her from contacting me permanently which I did. If she had not kept emailing me I would have not done what I just did.

Edit:

She got my email address from my facebook account. I had not had any contact with her for 3 years before I opened the facebook page.
Obviously, no one here knows the whole story because there are always two sides. I think it is cowardly that it took a buzz to do that. If you are going to cut someone, who loves you, out of your life, you should at least do it sober. Then again, this is the age of communicating via devices. It is easier to hide behind those devices. We never know if people are sober or not. Soon, there will be no human verbal contact. Sad.

OTOH, I hope you are truly happy now.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:54 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Thought this was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Single Family Homes in reasonable areas start at about $225,000. You can find condos down to about $190,000. If you have a down payment you could likely buy. If not the rental market is reasonably good. You can get a reasonable three bedroom house in a reasonable neighborhood for $1000 to $1200. You can save up some money and buy in a year or so.

I do not project a substantial price break...but I don't see any substantial run up in prices either. So you likely lose nothing if you wait a year.
//www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...las-vegas.html

Not making fun of Olecapt, just the extreme transition from 2006 to now.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:26 AM

208 posts, read 350,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Obviously, no one here knows the whole story because there are always two sides. I think it is cowardly that it took a buzz to do that. If you are going to cut someone, who loves you, out of your life, you should at least do it sober. Then again, this is the age of communicating via devices. It is easier to hide behind those devices. We never know if people are sober or not. Soon, there will be no human verbal contact. Sad.

OTOH, I hope you are truly happy now.
Kimba...I've thought the same thing. I've heard kids will text each other across a room rather than walk across the room and talk. I really think vocal chords could become some type of vestigial organ at some point in time.

On the other hand I think it will be 1000's of years before they lose the ability to yell "MOM! I NEED...." from one end of the house to the other

Old 10-10-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuse View Post
Kimba...I've thought the same thing. I've heard kids will text each other across a room rather than walk across the room and talk. I really think vocal chords could become some type of vestigial organ at some point in time.

On the other hand I think it will be 1000's of years before they lose the ability to yell "MOM! I NEED...." from one end of the house to the other
True, but my DD still texts me from her bedroom! I don't answer.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:58 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
So sad when families sever ties. I have one brother who has not spoken to me or my sister for years. He was disappointed that my sister got the bulk of the inheritance. She was the one who put her life on hold to care for my parents. It is my brother's loss, not ours. We are here to welcome him back if and when he ever chooses to be part of the family again. LVD, you need to forgive and move forward.
+1 Pommy

I could not agree with that post anymore!

I have two older 1/2 brothers LVD, both about your age (35 and 37) from my father's 1st marriage, and the 37 year old severed ties with my dad back around 2004-ish, maybe 2005, dont remember when exactly but it was 6-7 yrs ago

My brother was getting married to a wonderful woman, a teacher. My father was invited to the bachelor party and got SOOOO drunk that he began bashing his own son and his bride to be verbally. My brother was so upset that he had my father literally thrown out of the party and told him he NEVER wanted to talk to him again

I keep in contact with both my older brothers. They both have families and work a lot so I dont talk to them too often but I keep in touch. I informed my 37 year old brother of my father's lung cancer a few months ago. And sad to say, he could not have cared less.

He explained to me how my father was a party animal when he was in his first marriage, how he was a cheater, how he was physically abusive towards his first wife, how he was physically abusive to both my brothers, how he left his first wife for his second one, my mother who was on drugs at the time (quit cold turkey when she found out she was pregnant with me).

He told me how our father hates seeing his own children doing better than him (have witnessed that first hand) and will put them down (also 1st hand) to make himself feel better

My brother said my Dad's lung cancer was his own fault (my dad will be 65 this year, been smoking since age 13) and how he had no feelings or worries at all for him and that when my father finally did pass, he planned to "P*ss on his grave"

Having seen a family member sever ties with another family member first hand, I can honestly say LVD I hope you are ABSOLUTELY SURE that you think you did t he right thing cutting your sister off, because even if you have just the slightest trace of doubt, you will regret it for the rest of your life and your sister may never forgive you

Wow, didnt mean to give away so much of my family history there, just wanted to explain why my brother cut ties from my dad

I think both me and my older brothers have learned from my father's mistakes. Both my older brothers own homes, are married, have excellent jobs, and I am on my way to becoming just like them. As for my younger brother, he will do great as well. My sister, she will just suck dry as many bank accounts as she can sadly, she cant provide for herself, she's so spoiled she needs someone to "take care of me" her words

Ok Im rambling, Im done now

Old 10-10-2011, 02:04 PM

Sorry that you had to deal with all that, Davie. Addictions make decent humans vile. In the case of abuse, whether due to addictions or not, you should cut all ties. You make your peace, you forgive them for their ignorance (so you can be at peace), then you move on and KNOW that you did the right thing. You do not want your children around someone like that. And it is ok, to cut those ties. Doesn't make you a bad person. They are the bad person.

A wise man once told me, "In a relationship, the healthy person does not generally make the unhealthy person healthy. The unhealthy person makes the healthy person unhealthy." Unfortunately. I see it all the time.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:20 PM

Last night, hubby's wallet was stolen out of his truck. Shame on him as he left it in the truck and he apparently didn't lock the door. Neighbor came by as he was searching the truck, thinking he just misplaced it, had his wallet. Said it was strewn all over his yard. Everything was there. He doesn't put his money in it. Neighbor said there were a couple people who had their cars pilfered through.

Obviously it was some punks looking for cash in the cars. Lock your cars people!

Old 10-10-2011, 03:11 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
+1 Pommy

I could not agree with that post anymore!

I have two older 1/2 brothers LVD, both about your age (35 and 37) from my father's 1st marriage, and the 37 year old severed ties with my dad back around 2004-ish, maybe 2005, dont remember when exactly but it was 6-7 yrs ago

My brother was getting married to a wonderful woman, a teacher. My father was invited to the bachelor party and got SOOOO drunk that he began bashing his own son and his bride to be verbally. My brother was so upset that he had my father literally thrown out of the party and told him he NEVER wanted to talk to him again

I keep in contact with both my older brothers. They both have families and work a lot so I dont talk to them too often but I keep in touch. I informed my 37 year old brother of my father's lung cancer a few months ago. And sad to say, he could not have cared less.

He explained to me how my father was a party animal when he was in his first marriage, how he was a cheater, how he was physically abusive towards his first wife, how he was physically abusive to both my brothers, how he left his first wife for his second one, my mother who was on drugs at the time (quit cold turkey when she found out she was pregnant with me).

He told me how our father hates seeing his own children doing better than him (have witnessed that first hand) and will put them down (also 1st hand) to make himself feel better

My brother said my Dad's lung cancer was his own fault (my dad will be 65 this year, been smoking since age 13) and how he had no feelings or worries at all for him and that when my father finally did pass, he planned to "P*ss on his grave"

Having seen a family member sever ties with another family member first hand, I can honestly say LVD I hope you are ABSOLUTELY SURE that you think you did t he right thing cutting your sister off, because even if you have just the slightest trace of doubt, you will regret it for the rest of your life and your sister may never forgive you

Wow, didnt mean to give away so much of my family history there, just wanted to explain why my brother cut ties from my dad

I think both me and my older brothers have learned from my father's mistakes. Both my older brothers own homes, are married, have excellent jobs, and I am on my way to becoming just like them. As for my younger brother, he will do great as well. My sister, she will just suck dry as many bank accounts as she can sadly, she cant provide for herself, she's so spoiled she needs someone to "take care of me" her words

Ok Im rambling, Im done now
Great post Davie. Regardless, I am ok with the decision I made. I cut my sister off 5 years ago and feel no regrets. I had a similar situation situation with my grandfather on my dad's side who died in 1994. When my dad called me to say he passed I told him I could care less. It has been 17 years and I can still care less.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:21 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
True, but my DD still texts me from her bedroom! I don't answer.
That's funny. My husband won't get anything done around the house unless I email him. Otherwise, he does not hear me when I ask him while he is in front of me.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:32 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Last night, hubby's wallet was stolen out of his truck. Shame on him as he left it in the truck and he apparently didn't lock the door. Neighbor came by as he was searching the truck, thinking he just misplaced it, had his wallet. Said it was strewn all over his yard. Everything was there. He doesn't put his money in it. Neighbor said there were a couple people who had their cars pilfered through.

Obviously it was some punks looking for cash in the cars. Lock your cars people!
It's funny, I hear all these stories and nothing like this ever happens around me or to me and I'm more or less in central Vegas. Any criminal with half a brain knows to go to the "safer" areas to get the real goods. Meanwhile I'm left alone. I also keep a base level of messiness in my car with a bottle strewn here or an old newspaper there. Honestly, that is the best anti break in system there is. Nobody wants to break into a car that gives the immediate appearance of having nothing valuable inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas