Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2016, 12:50 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times

Advertisements

Somebody needs to beat this guy's ass. We have enough turds in our punch bowl.

Not guilty plea entered for Vince Neil in battery case - Wednesday, July 27, 2016 | 9:30 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun Mobile

Old 07-27-2016, 12:56 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
LVD, Look up vegan body builders. There are many. Quit punishing yourself.
Any of you that are not eating your leafy greens and vegetables are setting yourselves up for a bad fall later on. See a cardiologist regularly and they will set you straight.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:14 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
Vince Neil is a method used to clean lady parts.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:53 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
LVD, Look up vegan body builders. There are many. Quit punishing yourself.
Any of you that are not eating your leafy greens and vegetables are setting yourselves up for a bad fall later on. See a cardiologist regularly and they will set you straight.
I do see a cardiologist on a regular basis. When we first moved here and went to be checked he put me through the mill. Cat scat, MRI, the whole nine yards.

Except for a slight enlargement of one side which he thinks is from apnea everything's perfect at 68 years old.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:12 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
One's genes play a big part in your health habits.

My grandmother made it to 102, spent untold number of years on a farm in MN, eating lots of meat, dairy products, cheese, fruit virtually absent from her diet, except in summer, and can't recall ever going to dinner at Gramma's place where even a salad was served.

I go half and half! Or 1/4 to 3/4ths!

One thing I'm doing more of is eating fruit. Growing up in MN we just didn't have the income, access to fruit like we have here in the SW. My Mexican roommate and my ferret could eat fruit all day, and nothing else, and that's finally rubbed off on me.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:34 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
One's genes play a big part in your health habits.

This is why Ozzy and the Rolling Stones are still alive. They have the good genes despite decades of abuse.
This is a big part of the reason I don't much care about my diet and such. Males in my family tend to die pretty young so it's safe to assume I'll enjoy the same fate.
Health experts that do everything right drop dead at 40. Drug addicts with aids die at 90.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:58 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuse View Post
Holy cow...I havent been on here in 2-3 years and the first time I come back I see some good news from one of the old regulars! CONGRATS LVD! Happy for you, and proud of you...you look ripped in the picture. Good luck and continue the healthy living.
Thank you, but I was by no means ripped in the second picture. I got an Inbody 520 body fat test (98% accurate), and I was 161.8 pounds in the picture with 18.6% body fat. That is still too high. The machine said I need to lose 6.8 pounds of body fat to be at my ideal shape. That will be 155 pounds. Yesterday, I got a new Inbody test, and I have lost 3.8 more pounds of body fat, and the machine says I only have 3.1 pounds more to go to be in ideal shape! That will happen within the next 2 weeks, and I will be at around 14% body fat. Still not completely shredded, but more than lean enough for me. I will slowly reverse diet once I get there. I am now comfortably fitting into 30 inch waist pants which I find to be awesome since I had gotten up to 38 inch pants at my worst, and they were getting way too tight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
I am pushing myself to expand my world.
You help inspire me!
I love to inspire others. You can do it my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Good for you LVD. It's amazing how far you've come. I didn't think you sounded conceited. It's just fine to brag about yourself when you do something great. When I met you at that meetup over 4 years ago I had a feeling there was a nice guy under there!
Thanks again. I am sorry you had to meet that wasted, drunk mess at the meetup. I was already wasted before Macgeek even picked me up. If we met again, it would blow your mind on how much different I am now. Sometimes I read my former posts and I end up in disgust. I am genuinely a nice person now, with no anger issues anymore. By the way, no worries on the mod edit of my last post. I suspected after I posted it that it might not be allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
LVD, Anything on Dr. Oz I do not take seriously. For what it is worth, I eat a whole foods plant based diet, no oil. I eat high carb. Which is fruits, vegetables, whole grains, potatoes, sweet potatoes. I follow Dr. McDougalls protocol. And raw. I have lost almost 40 lbs in the last year. And I feel so much better than before. It was when I cheated and ate dairy products, since I do not eat meat at all and have not for decades, I could never lose any weight.
Plus, my blood pressure stays normal while I do this. I did not want to end up in the hospital again like last year and I am a totally different person than I was last year when I was laying in ICU not knowing if I would make it through the night.
I take my health seriously these days and want to live a longer and much healthier life. To each their own. What works for you would never work for me. And I would never want to try it, since it involves animal protein.

Sorry about Ashley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Actually, LVD, it's important that you add some vegetables back to your diet now that you have gotten to your fighting weight. Grains- you can walk away from forever, but leafy greens like spinach play an important role in the human diet.

Good old Dr. Atkins ( the original low carb diet ) even recommended three cups of leafy greens per day. He recommended limiting starchy vegetables such a carrots or potatoes, and using sweet fruits sparingly, focusing on those that provide the biggest nutritional punch vs. carb load. Fruit juice, such as OJ is a big no-no.

Sorry to hear about your relationship. Breakups are never fun.

I'll try to get over to see Aqualung. I had my picture taken with him years ago, but I don't know if I have it anymore. It might have made him smile.
Thanks to both of you for the advice. I really should have clarified in the beginning what I am doing. I am only following the extreme keto diet to get to my goal weight. I do not plan on eating this way forever. Once I hit my goal weight of 155, I am going to keep the core principals of the keto diet, but am going to add fruits and vegatables to prevent further weight loss and to enhance my health. I do thank you both for the concern as eating the way I have been while dieting would not be healthy for a lifelong diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
Glad to hear your success with a ketogenic diet, LVD!

You may have seen me comment here & there on this board; a ketogenic diet is exactly what I've been doing for the last year or so. I've dropped about 45 pounds; more significantly, my health has improved in just about every significant way, including:
1) Better energy levels
2) More mentally alert with ketones feeding my brain (better energy source than glucose)
3) Blood sugar is rock solid stable; I don't get tired during the day like I used to. No insulin swings or crashes
4) Blood pressure on the low side of pretty much ideal
5) No more chronic pain, which I've had for 15 years - for those with inflammatory conditions like fibromyalgia, spondylitis (me) & the like, ketogenic can help a bunch
6) Looking & feeling younger with body fat eroding

Friends who haven't seen me for a while can't get over the way I look; you might think it was the weight loss, but more often I'm hearing comments about skin tone & how vibrant I look.

The weirdest thing for me was probably cutting out bread. A lot more marginal stuff in bread than I realized. So much better without it. Biggest thing was cutting out sugars of any kind, especially refined sugar. Amazing how many bad things are linked to sugar & its derivations like HFCS. It's like the drug we haven't noticed since everyone legally inhales it.

LVD, I'd suggest incorporating more green veggies to keep your body in balance. They tend to be lower in carbs to allow you to stay in ketosis while still getting some balance & roughage/fiber. I try to incorporate salads into my routine & will sometimes have celery as a snack. About the only fruit I eat these days is pomegranate, it's a superfood. I eat a lot of eggs along with chicken/fish & try to get plenty of Omega3s. Nuts are my go-to snack. Perfect mix for keto & they satiate hunger between meals. Like you, LVD, I have switched from sugar-laden soda to coffee as a regular drink, either black or I have iced coffee with a sugar-free creamer (plenty of fat is fine).

To each his/her own, I respect those on a vegan or similar diet. I tried vegetarian for a while & it just wasn't for me, too much work to try to get the nutrients & energy I needed. With a ketogenic diet, I always have energy & can lose weight/fat without counting calories.
I am very glad it has worked for you, but I actually feel worse on the diet. I have only done it to lose fat. Still, I have managed to kill my candy and ice cream addiction which I never thought would be possible. I never had a candy and ice cream addiction until I quit drinking. As soon as I quit drinkin, I became obsessed with sugar. Strange, I know. For the record, I am going to be transitioning into more of a paleo diet.

One last thing I would like to address is vegetarians. I absolutely admire them as I love animals so much, and feel so guilty for eating meat. I did try multiple times in the past to become one, but I got sick each time and eventually gave up. I really do not think it was the absence of meat that did it. It was the absence of money LOL. My keto diet runs me $25 a week or less since I get $2 a pound 73% ground beef and $3 a pound cheese. It costs more money to do a vegetarian diet properly and funds have always been an issue with me unfortunately. I barely make anything at my job since I now work only part time, and have supplemented a little with forex to at least get by. I am still poor though, making less than $25,000 a year, which is the main reason Ashley left me as she wanted me to be able to support a family in the future. I have been playing with scared money so that is why I make such small forex trades.

That will be all.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:08 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
This is why Ozzy and the Rolling Stones are still alive. They have the good genes despite decades of abuse.
This is a big part of the reason I don't much care about my diet and such. Males in my family tend to die pretty young so it's safe to assume I'll enjoy the same fate.
Health experts that do everything right drop dead at 40. Drug addicts with aids die at 90.
Vegetarians can be as proselytizing as evangelical Christians, and if you're rock solid in your beliefs, no reason to convert others. IMO, the more insecure your beliefs, the more you wish to convert others.

My beliefs in Tantric Buddhism are rock solid, no reason for me to try and convert others. I have 4 Jesus loving relatives that are determined to convert me. And I ask: Why are you still so insecure with your beliefs?

My interest in Astrology is also rock solid. Can't be budged on that one!

I sort of look at vegans as those who can see a leaf, but overlook the tree, and the forest! And, along with some egotism!

Easy to forget: the upcoming nuclear holocaust will be here before we know it!

Old 07-28-2016, 04:24 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,057,802 times
Fruits and vegetables will cause weight gain, although not the reason that you think. You must eat only organic fruits and vegetables. All the info is in the link below.

The surprising reason eating more fruits and vegetables is stopping you from losing weight

Old 07-28-2016, 04:30 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,674 times
LVD good job getting sober and getting back in shape. I've been on a modified keto for a few months now and although I initially had sugar withdrawals that had me feeling not great, those have passed now and I can echo the sentiment about energy and focus improving. I still eat my green and leafys. Anything that grows above ground is good to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas