Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 11:24 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,507,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Everyone in my family is at least partially deaf and we all wear hearing aids.

What food should we have, or have not, eaten to prevent deafness?
Ears and ears of corn.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:52 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If, when, I go to San Francisco I'll check out Frontier, although I won't fly on an airline with big gaps in their schedules.

I'm a diehard Southwest flier, only because, they always have so many flights, each day to San Diego, L.A., and San Francisco. That way, if a flight is cancelled, you don't have to hang around too long for another flight.
I don't know what their problem has been lately, but every flight I've taken over the last four months has been delayed. Sometimes up to 3 hours.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:25 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Went to the new Natural Grocers store in the former Fresh and Easy location at Simmons/Centennial parkway.
It's cute, way too many vitamins/supplements/protein powders/etc. Who needs that many??? I guess some people are into that stuff. I found their prices to be a bit high on many items. There are some sale products that are a good deal while the sale lasts. But afterwards, not so much. Their motto is "low prices that everyone can afford." But who is this "everyone?" If you have a lot of money to burn and like Whole Foods, this is like a tiny version of them.

Favorite great find for the day: Earthpaste toothpaste in lemon twist for just $3.99. Sale is good until Sept. 5. They do monthly sales flyers, not once a week. Regular price: $5.79. I have a limit for what I will pay for a natural toothpaste and that is about $4.50 total.
I cannot stand regular toothpastes like the national brands. Too many additives, and most are sickeningly sweet.

Thursday, for all of you hula hoops fans, go and join them for the contest, to get as many people hula hooping at once across all of their stores to set a new record. There will be an ice cream social from 4-6pm and 50's music playing. Finally some good music in a store for one day.

If you received their flyer in the mail, you get $10 off, a free shopping bag and a free bottle of Vitamin D. Sign up on their site and you earn rewards. And they will give you an additional $2 off. Bring your own shopping bags as they are a bag free store. If you forget your bags, you can always learn to juggle to get it to your car at least, or you could use their cart.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Everyone in my family is at least partially deaf and we all wear hearing aids.

What food should we have, or have not, eaten to prevent deafness?
I am talking about heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, those kinds of things. Not inherited traits. Big difference.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:01 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,153,709 times
I don't think many of us eat like our forebears because the composition of the food available to us has changed.

So many Chems and additives these days. I try to do my best to avoid them.

It's a toss up and also studies have shown that attitude goes a long way with many health challenges....for example my arthritis.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:37 AM

990 posts, read 1,655,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Most of the time the "genes" they inherit medical wise are from what they eat. ......
Genes are not inherited from food. Genes do not need to be in quotes. They are actual things not rumors or allegations.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Genes are not inherited from food. Genes do not need to be in quotes. They are actual things not rumors or allegations.
You may want to do some research and not just believe everything you are told. Try that.
And with this, I am done with this topic.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:10 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
I wish people would stop quoting posters on my ignore list. I only see their drivel when someone else quotes it.

I started updating my ignore list because some people just tick me off like its a full time job. I can deal with dissenting opinions, that's what message boards are all about, but some of these people......

Old 08-14-2016, 11:17 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,715,354 times
I agree. I'm about to add one or two to my list, but what good does it do when it gets quoted? I don't mind dissenting opinions, but some of the drivel that gets posted as the end all is ridiculous.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:38 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,874,291 times
We took a nice drive from Henderson up to Lake Tahoe. We're staying at the Hyatt at Incline Village. We're using loyalty points to stay here, as the room rate is $600 a night. It is a nice enough place, but by Las Vegas standards it is a $140/night place, not $600.

Most of the cars in the parking lot have California plates, with license plate brackets referencing San Jose dealerships. Maybe a dozen Teslas. Silicon Valley is clearly paying well these days, as I see countless young families with elementary school age children staying in adjoining rooms. At $600 a night.

I guess its good to be in tech these days.

Sitting at the next tables near us at brunch is a party of several sets of adults and kids. We overhear one saying to another, "I just don't know if the time is right to sell the Picasso."

Yes, it is good to be in FinTech or even Tech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas