Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2015, 09:58 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times

Advertisements

Whenever I make a dental or medication run to Tijuana, I usually take a wad of $1's along. Crossing the Tijuana river on the bridge, there's any number of deportee's that actually live along that filthy river, in cardboard shacks, and I fling $1's off the bridge for them to catch.

I was reprimanded, last time, by the police, telling me they'll only spend it on drugs, and it's better to drop food packages off the bridge.

But who's to say they can't sell the food packages, and then buy drugs!

Old 12-22-2015, 10:01 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Three Square always needs financial help. And they're not a bunch of drug-addled scammers.

But that doesn't satisfy the "need to feel superior to a random stranger on the street" hot-button (which resides in the limbic system, with the rest of the dangerous stuff). And thus the addiction merry-go-round takes another spin....

A new campaign: Killing with Kindness | The Pavement Perspective
May the Christmas spirits protect us from the Know-it-all Scrooges.

May the Scrooges give lots of money to Three Squares so they may feel superior to those who assist someone directly.

May you all have a Merry Christmas.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:19 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,000,203 times
Leave it to Las Vegans to think that giving drug money to drug addicts constitutes "altruism."

Old 12-22-2015, 10:56 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Leave it to a Scrooge to determine that all seeking aid are drug addicts.

Leave it to a Scrooge to determine that the children of drug addicts or others in need don't need to eat.

Merry Christmas to all - even the Scrooges.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:15 PM

The Smartphone is the newest drug on the market, and it's only a matter of time they'll have 12-step programs for Smartphone addicts! I know a number of my co-workers who should be in that program already. I'm still dragging my feet on getting one! I have enough addictions besides acquiring yet another!

Test welfare recipients for drugs?

But not excessive usage of Smartphones?

Old 12-23-2015, 04:45 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,120,926 times
So I bought a new car on October 29. It was totaled on December 5th. I posted about it.
Anyway, my insurance doesn't know who to pay for this car. The finance company says I do not have an account there, and that they rejected the loan because the car was totaled.
The dealership says the bank owns it.
However, the night I was hit, I was coming back from the dealership signing more papers. They said they made a mistake or something.
Well, after the wreck, they sent someone to my house to sign more papers. This was a day after I got a certified letter from them telling me to bring the car back because it wasn't approved.

I have a feeling that the dealership has claimed insurance on the car, and intends to leave me holding my butt.
My lawyer said to have the finance company put it in writing that there's no loan, and give it to my insurance company with the goal of getting the check sent to me.
If you've followed my couple years here, you should see why I have reservations about this.
My luck, I'll end up owing the bank and dealership the full amount, and or go to jail for insurance fraud.
I got the car to help build my credit back up so I can buy this house....
I've said it before, and I'll say it now, I can not catch a break.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:57 PM

EA: Let's pray another "straw" or 2 doesn't land on the camel's back, so to speak, on top of what you've gone through, going through. Xmas season is stressful enough, as it is.

I've been there! An avalanche, all at once, and worrying: If one more thing happens, I'm going to crack, lose it! And how many of us know what our breaking points may be, not having been severely tested before?

Like the woman who plowed down those pedestrians on the Strip: I was in a lot of pain, and I wanted others to be in pain! She cracked?

The monasteries of old, old Europe are sadly missed. Back in the middle ages, and later, if you were stressed out, wanting to get off the Merry-Go-Round of Life, voluntarily, off to a monastery you'd go to "recharge your batteries", doing some chores every day for your food and roof over your head. When you felt ready to rejoin the world, back to the world you'd go, refreshed!

Today, prisons have taken the place of monasteries, except these modern-day monasteries are very costly to the taxpayers!

Old 12-24-2015, 09:34 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,044,201 times
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have a good holiday!

Old 12-24-2015, 12:42 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Merry Christmas to all of you wonderful people on our local Las Vegas forum. And Merry Christmas to the snarly people that only come in here to complain. May you find some Christmas cheer and resolve to be nicer in the new year.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:11 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,433,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Merry Christmas to all of you wonderful people on our local Las Vegas forum. And Merry Christmas to the snarly people that only come in here to complain. May you find some Christmas cheer and resolve to be nicer in the new year.
Merry Christmas Pink!!....... The same to all the cast of characters who come here to vent! I don't post much, but I never miss a day visiting, and seeing what's happening in Las Vegas. Hopefully, I'll be back among you next year. Enjoy the day tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas