Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2015, 11:40 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times

Advertisements

The real issue is that there is a pretty good indication now that we actually over test.

The last legislative session had a bill to change to every two years. Vehement oppositon from the industry...put some testing stations out of business.

Nevada bill to change vehicle smog-testing draws opposition | Las Vegas Review-Journal

The truth is that we could pretty much do away with the testing on newer vehicles by simply requiring that check engine lights be fixed within a thousand miles or some number.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:47 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
Now, if you have a VW, a late-model one that VW has rigged ta pass emissions tests, you may be subject to having VW take your car and do forced-by-the-government recall work. In order to pass emissions test. That is an ongoing story many of you already know about. Not a good thing for them to do or for them to get caught doing. Stay tuned on this one.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:28 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Now, if you have a VW, a late-model one that VW has rigged ta pass emissions tests, you may be subject to having VW take your car and do forced-by-the-government recall work. In order to pass emissions test. That is an ongoing story many of you already know about. Not a good thing for them to do or for them to get caught doing. Stay tuned on this one.

In AZ, if the repairs to the VW are too costly and not covered by the recall, they offer an once in a lifetime waiver from passing.

Old 12-10-2015, 05:00 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
In AZ, if the repairs to the VW are too costly and not covered by the recall, they offer an once in a lifetime waiver from passing.

Nice of the state of Arizona. I wonder what's gonna happen ta VW sales because of this.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:05 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Anyone need a condo to rent for Jan.1? The owner wants someone that will stay a few years. $995 a month, for a 2/2, 1100+ SF, small balcony, and a one car garage. Overlooks the park and pool area. Gated community in the Courts in Aliante, North las vegas. 89084. He wants non-smokers, and no pets. Military preferred or quiet types. This is a townhome community, but the smallest units are a condo since you do not have the downstairs area like the other townhomes do. If anyone is really interested, I have the owners number and he is at the unit until Saturday of this week if you want to see it. When it is finished, it will be very nice, high end quality. Everything is new. He gutted the place and is building it back up to perfection.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:29 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Anyone need a condo to rent for Jan.1? The owner wants someone that will stay a few years. $995 a month, for a 2/2, 1100+ SF, small balcony, and a one car garage. Overlooks the park and pool area. Gated community in the Courts in Aliante, North las vegas. 89084. He wants non-smokers, and no pets. Military preferred or quiet types. This is a townhome community, but the smallest units are a condo since you do not have the downstairs area like the other townhomes do. If anyone is really interested, I have the owners number and he is at the unit until Saturday of this week if you want to see it. When it is finished, it will be very nice, high end quality. Everything is new. He gutted the place and is building it back up to perfection.
Tell him to hire an agent Pink. The MLS gets a better client than CL and is reasonably cheap...1/2 months rent payed after it is occupied is the going rate. Those places should be able to get good people.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:36 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,701 times
The whole car emission's testing in Las Vegas is a joke. In general, the newer the car is, the lower the emissions. The cars that really put out the emissions, i.e. cars over 20 years old can get classic rod/vehicle plates that are exempt from it. I say do away with the emissions testing, and have police pull over anyone with visible smoke then issue a fix it ticket. That would be the sensible thing to do, but it would put many out of work per LVOC's link.

Old 12-13-2015, 02:50 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
It's rented. He couldn't find any military to rent it, so he went elsewhere.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:40 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,153,709 times
Default Anyone want to see the force awakens at the Cannery?

My wife has no interest and it doesn't seem like much fun alone

Old 12-13-2015, 10:10 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
My wife has no interest and it doesn't seem like much fun alone
I'd like to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas