Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 05:45 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,715,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott456 View Post
May I ask what $300 or $350 can get in LV? a studio or 1-bedroom? Is this the average rent in LV?
It seems so affordable compare to California.
Oh and what does "all included" mean? It probably includes water and garbage but what else?
The OP was posting about rooms for rent. I know someone who rents a 2 bedroom condo for $500 in the NW part of town. I'm not sure what the average is but there are some great deals out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 01:49 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
doesnt matter davie.. the job you will find will be in the complete opposite direction of where you live (that was my luck).. i am in the Northwest (elkhorn and decatur) and work at the MResort.. I can get to the M in 35 minutes (as long as there are no accidents.. ) so you can be choosy. Personally, I like the NW alot better than the South..

Old 05-17-2010, 08:14 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,245,737 times
Go with Jones/Robindale or generally the southwest.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
The OP was posting about rooms for rent. I know someone who rents a 2 bedroom condo for $500 in the NW part of town. I'm not sure what the average is but there are some great deals out there.
where in the nw can u get a condo even a 1br for 500??? he's either related to the owner, pulling your leg, or its in northtown

Old 05-17-2010, 12:27 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
doesnt matter davie.. the job you will find will be in the complete opposite direction of where you live (that was my luck).. i am in the Northwest (elkhorn and decatur) and work at the MResort.. I can get to the M in 35 minutes (as long as there are no accidents.. ) so you can be choosy. Personally, I like the NW alot better than the South..
That is a ridiculous commute IMO. Probably true, I'll take that place in the NW and end up working in Anthem, or take the one in the southwest and end up working in Aliante

It will work itself out one way or the other

Old 05-17-2010, 12:31 PM

yes, it may be ridiculous but the money and tips are very good....

Old 05-17-2010, 12:45 PM

Hey if they pay is that good, then I'm sure the commute is 100% worth it

Still, slugging it out down I-15 must take a lot out of you when there's an accident

Old 05-17-2010, 07:02 PM

112 posts, read 224,905 times
I am in the Ann/95 area and like it. It's an easy hop on to 95 or 215. I don't have any problem getting where I need to go within 30 minutes or less. When I lived in St. Pete, it took me 45 minutes for my 4 mile commute home, so I think 30-35 mins across town is a dream.

If you want to PM me the address, I'd be glad to drive by it and PM you back.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:32 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times
Cracks me up when I read that people think a 35 min. commute is horrible. Everywhere I go around here in SE MI is at least that if not more and we think nothing of it. Of course it is what I grew up with, so when I go to Vegas, I think it is awesome that you can get just about anywhere in the valley in less than an hour...assuming no traffic interruptions. I am used to those too because the roads are continuously under construction here. Plus, there is the cruddy weather that can lengthen your drive.

I cannot comment on what area is better as I don't know the SW. Make sure you look into things that you will be interested in besides where you will work. Would both living conditions be equal...such as...just one other person there? Couple? Kids? Pool? What does your gut say?

Old 05-17-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Cracks me up when I read that people think a 35 min. commute is horrible. Everywhere I go around here in SE MI is at least that if not more and we think nothing of it. Of course it is what I grew up with, so when I go to Vegas, I think it is awesome that you can get just about anywhere in the valley in less than an hour...assuming no traffic interruptions. I am used to those too because the roads are continuously under construction here. Plus, there is the cruddy weather that can lengthen your drive.

I cannot comment on what area is better as I don't know the SW. Make sure you look into things that you will be interested in besides where you will work. Would both living conditions be equal...such as...just one other person there? Couple? Kids? Pool? What does your gut say?
I live about 4 miles from my current job and with all the unsynchronized traffic lights it takes me up to 30 mins to get to work. If I get green lights, it takes 5 mins (55 mph zone)

I didnt mean to call airics' commute horrible. I should have said if I had a job THAT far away I would move closer to work. My best friend live near the University of Central Florida on the east side of town, I live on the south side, 30 mile drive one way, plus $2.75 in tolls, one way. One thing I will not miss once I move, tolls

And people who commute to Downtown Orlando from my part of town which is 13 miles away, the trip takes 40 minutes on a good day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas