Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 08:07 PM

151 posts, read 404,977 times

Advertisements

We don't even have enough jobs for Americans. Why can't we just take a 5 year break from allowing others to move here? Seems like the smart thing to do. It's time to take care of Americans. I talk to many people around me who seem disillusioned that folks from other cultures are coming here in huge numbers and not embracing American principles (limited government etc.). What are your feelings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 08:47 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,425,232 times
And how would that be done exactly?

Old 06-30-2013, 08:58 PM

151 posts, read 404,977 times
Im referring to those who are lookng for citizenship. I should have specified.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:13 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Not a bad idea. But at the same time America and even this city needs to do s better job with educational attainment of the local population so that they can obtain certified jobs in medical and tech fields which arr being increasingly dominated by Asian immigrants.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:26 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Not a bad idea. But at the same time America and even this city needs to do s better job with educational attainment of the local population so that they can obtain certified jobs in medical and tech fields which arr being increasingly dominated by Asian immigrants.
Definitely this city needs to do a better job with educational attainment, far more so that the country as a whole.

But there are a number of social ills that would have to be addressed first, including the ending of easy welfare. Yes, help those who need to be helped, and if someone is going through hard times, nothing wrong with giving them assistance. But to give out indefinite help in the form of housing subsidies or other welfare programs encourages people to do nothing. Their kids see this, and they will do nothing as well.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:43 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
I feel all immigration to the United States should cease immediately. I feel that all illegal immigrants should be deported immediately. And I feel that anyone who knowingly employs an illegal worker should be imprisoned.
All work visas should be allowed to expire with no possibility of renewal. When the last visa expires the program should be completely discontinued.

When we get to 3% unemployment with HONEST figures, perhaps the system could be reexamined in a few decades.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:04 AM

19 posts, read 35,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I feel all immigration to the United States should cease immediately. I feel that all illegal immigrants should be deported immediately. And I feel that anyone who knowingly employs an illegal worker should be imprisoned.
All work visas should be allowed to expire with no possibility of renewal. When the last visa expires the program should be completely discontinued.

When we get to 3% unemployment with HONEST figures, perhaps the system could be reexamined in a few decades.
What the hell is wrong with you people! The reason people come here on work visas is that their isnt Americans fit to do these jobs! And I'm not talking about the "low pay" jobs, I'm talking about high end finance / accounting / IT jobs!

This country was built in on immigration!

Idiots!

Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Lets see how sustainable this 3% unemployment would be after we've isolated ourselves from the rest of the World.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:23 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,116 times
Really? There's no americans to do those jobs? These are the exact type of jobs that have been lost, driving unemployment higher. Bringing foreign workers here on visa's to do these types of jobs is no different than straight outsourcing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapmanjoe View Post
What the hell is wrong with you people! The reason people come here on work visas is that their isnt Americans fit to do these jobs! And I'm not talking about the "low pay" jobs, I'm talking about high end finance / accounting / IT jobs!

This country was built in on immigration!

Idiots!

Old 07-01-2013, 08:45 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
Just end illegal immigration. The LEGAL immigrants already have to have jobs lined up or have someone to sponsor them so they won't end up on welfare. A lot of them come here because they are married to an American or going to get married.

It's the illegals that are the problem, not immigration in general. This country was built on LEGAL immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration