Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 07:02 PM

592 posts, read 1,814,549 times

Advertisements

I just heard on WBLI radio today that the Suffolk County Police Department test is coming up and there is still time to register for it and to take the test. Since there are so many people in this forum who think they get way too much money for way too little work, here is your chance to have the same racket going for yourself. So go to it.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 07:08 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Too many people looking to milk that gravy train.
Probabally have a better chance at winning lotto than actually making it from the test to being hired.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:25 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Don't bother unless you are female, minority, or prior police/military. Otherwise ZERO chance you get in.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:22 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Don't bother unless you are female, minority, or prior police/military. Otherwise ZERO chance you get in.
Don't quota's really suck?
Yeah, lets not pick the best guy, er, I mean girl perhaps, wait..."person" for the job, we got pc quotas to meet!
Stupid. This country is going down the drain faster than ABC's ratings.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:35 PM

929 posts, read 2,068,637 times
Like the Lottery, you have to be in it to win it.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:03 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
If someone's of age with the proper requirements, they should take it.

Years back I was called for a court clerk position in Southold. I was young and living in Nassau at the time so I declined it. I kick myself to this day for not taking the job, dealing with a dreadful commute for a little while until I found someplace to live out there. I would have been there over 20 years, had great benefits...c'est la vie!

Old 09-13-2010, 09:17 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudiPatooti View Post
I just heard on WBLI radio today that the Suffolk County Police Department test is coming up and there is still time to register for it and to take the test. Since there are so many people in this forum who think they get way too much money for way too little work, here is your chance to have the same racket going for yourself. So go to it.......
Most of the cowards who say a cops job is easy wouldn't do it for a million dollars. No cop is overpaid especially on long island where everyone complains yet the malls are filled with BMW's and Mercedes and women fresh from the nail salon because their sugar daddy works on wall street.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:40 PM

69 posts, read 241,326 times
I'm 29 and kind of in a weird place in terms of figuring out what I want to do next (sick of my current job), and my family is urging me to take the cop test. Everything about it sounds nice on paper, except the fact that I have no real desire to put my life in danger on a daily basis. I get that most cops go their entire careers without any major incidents, but it's not like that's a guarantee. Plus I have a penchant for feeling bad for everyone so I'd be terrible at issuing tickets or locking people up, haha.

Still, what those guys make... 20 years and done... sounds nice. I might take it just to see what happens. I thought it wasn't until next June though.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:24 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIguy257 View Post
I'm 29 and kind of in a weird place in terms of figuring out what I want to do next (sick of my current job), and my family is urging me to take the cop test. Everything about it sounds nice on paper, except the fact that I have no real desire to put my life in danger on a daily basis. I get that most cops go their entire careers without any major incidents, but it's not like that's a guarantee. Plus I have a penchant for feeling bad for everyone so I'd be terrible at issuing tickets or locking people up, haha.

Still, what those guys make... 20 years and done... sounds nice. I might take it just to see what happens. I thought it wasn't until next June though.
That's what I thought as well, I remember a friend telling me about a month ago that she was taking it next spring (2011).

Old 09-14-2010, 04:48 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
Most of the cowards who say a cops job is easy wouldn't do it for a million dollars. No cop is overpaid especially on long island where everyone complains yet the malls are filled with BMW's and Mercedes and women fresh from the nail salon because their sugar daddy works on wall street.
Yep....see lots of BMWs and Mercedes outside Walmart. Thanks for letting us know how many Long Island Sugar Daddies work and shop at Wally World..wouldnt have known that...never.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island