Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:38 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Guess where we are moving ; France. I am hoping to be out of here by the end of the school year. its scary, frightening, wonderful and a huge adventure. Yes, we can do it legally as we are all dual citizens of Ireland.

But its a huge move and I am so excited i cant stop thinking that we will be off LOng island soon.
WOW! Congrats! Why did you choose France? (I am assuming you can choose anywhere in the EU, but correct me if that is wrong.) Do you think you will ever come back to the US or is it over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 12:41 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
That was probably a legitimate reason 30 years ago but there are places now throughout the U.S that blow NY pizza out of the water. Times have changed. And since we're on the topic of water many people don't even touch the tap anymore unless it is filtered.
Really? You should do a public service and make a directory listing which ones in which locations. I'm not kidding. The best out-of-NY pizza I've had so far was in Mumbai, India at one of the big hotels. It was made fresh from scratch. I have never had such luck with pizza in the US outside of NY though.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:46 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Good luck on the move okaydorothy! A friend moved to France 5 years ago with her husband and children. There was some sort of tumult going on with rioting, and she and her husband decided to leave France and head to Switzerland about 3 years ago.

Are you going to sell off your investment properties here in the US, or retain them for a possible return?

Old 11-17-2010, 12:57 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Really? You should do a public service and make a directory listing which ones in which locations. I'm not kidding. The best out-of-NY pizza I've had so far was in Mumbai, India at one of the big hotels. It was made fresh from scratch. I have never had such luck with pizza in the US outside of NY though.
NY Pizza in the Triangle area of NC. Best pizza I've had in a long, long time (including our last couple of years in NY). I really didn't think we'd find anything as good as NY - one day DH came home with a pizza and as soon as I saw it I said "that's the kind of pizza you get in upstate NY"...and that's how it tasted too. But this place - just like (our former) home.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:58 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Guess where we are moving ; France. I am hoping to be out of here by the end of the school year. its scary, frightening, wonderful and a huge adventure. Yes, we can do it legally as we are all dual citizens of Ireland.

But its a huge move and I am so excited i cant stop thinking that we will be off LOng island soon.
WOW!! Good luck.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:18 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,860 times
I'm not joking here......The best pizza I ever eaten is located in Richmond,Va

Mary Angela's Mary Angela's Pizzeria - Richmond, VA, 23221 - Citysearch

Old 11-17-2010, 01:29 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,029,147 times
Quote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but isn't like the bulk of the EU (including France) dealing with serious austerity right now? Greece and Ireland being completely insolvent are dragging the whole central banking farce over there down. Not that the US is really any better - we're just not quite as far down the line to plain outright default as Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
I'm not joking here......The best pizza I ever eaten is located in Richmond,Va

Mary Angela's Mary Angela's Pizzeria - Richmond, VA, 23221 - Citysearch
There's a guy in my neighborhood down here from Nassau county - his pizzeria blows away every Suffolk county pizza I ever had... Where I was living on LI, I couldn't find better within reasonable driving distance. Here it's a 5min drive away. I never understood the whole "pizza thing" - it's like one of those old wive's tales that gets perpetuated non-stop.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:54 PM

270 posts, read 964,598 times
We're actually thinking of moving to Colorado when retirement comes in 9 years. I've heard alot of good things about Colorado, and the property taxes are soooooo cheap compared to L.I.

The price of everything is astronomical here: houses, gas, taxes etc

Old 11-17-2010, 02:15 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but isn't like the bulk of the EU (including France) dealing with serious austerity right now? Greece and Ireland being completely insolvent are dragging the whole central banking farce over there down. Not that the US is really any better - we're just not quite as far down the line to plain outright default as Europe.

There's a guy in my neighborhood down here from Nassau county - his pizzeria blows away every Suffolk county pizza I ever had... Where I was living on LI, I couldn't find better within reasonable driving distance. Here it's a 5min drive away. I never understood the whole "pizza thing" - it's like one of those old wive's tales that gets perpetuated non-stop.
Are you referrring to Brooklyn Pizza in Wesley Chapel?

Old 11-17-2010, 02:26 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,029,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Are you referrring to Brooklyn Pizza in Wesley Chapel?
Haven't been there, although I've heard of it... I'm referring to Lorenzo's.

Lorenzo's Pizzeria
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island