Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:21 AM

92 posts, read 432,959 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have an idea about the "E" section of East Northport/Elwood. I recently saw a home on the East side of this section for a significantly higher amount than what the comps of the "E" section traded for in 2010. My wife and I loved the house because it was on a very nice cul-de-sac with 2 medium sized homes and 3 similar if not larger homes, but there potentially is a $300k price difference between this house and those of this section which it is up against. Although those houses seemed in good condition (small capes and ranches), we have noticed many larger homes being built in neighborhoods that can't support the prices of them in the aftermarket either because the neighborhoods are much smaller or bordered by very diverse populationss that do not maintain the value well. We want a stable neighborhood and not one that is going downhill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 08:40 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,759,873 times
The E section is pretty stable. There are a couple of cul-de-sacs where much larger homes were built in the past few years. I agree that, upon resale, they are more difficult to sell because they are larger then the surrounding homes. However, the area as a whole is a good one and is not "going downhill". The one thing that you have to watch for is some of them back onto commercial properties on Jericho Turnpike.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM

186 posts, read 713,405 times
Where is the "E" section?

Old 01-10-2011, 09:38 AM

92 posts, read 432,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonPhishn View Post
It is East of Elwood Road, North of Jericho Turnpike, West of Verleye Ave and South of Burr Road.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:53 AM

We looked at some homes there over the summer. A few we saw were nice; located on flat land and decent sized homes. Some were down right ridiculous. Terrible architecture (California splits!), odd configurations, etc.

I just question the value of the homes. You aren't near any train stations and are in a relatively congested area.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:13 AM

939 posts, read 2,311,386 times
Quote:
off of elwood road, just north of jericho... basically across from commack fire dept station #2

Old 01-10-2011, 10:23 AM

939 posts, read 2,311,386 times
Quote:
We looked at some homes there over the summer. A few we saw were nice; located on flat land and decent sized homes. Some were down right ridiculous. Terrible architecture (California splits!), odd configurations, etc.

I just question the value of the homes. You aren't near any train stations and are in a relatively congested area.
you can make greenlawn or northport in a matter of a few minutes (just don't get stuck behind gpsma) ... one of my employees lives on elwood by the E section and it doesn't take her long to get to the train

Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 AM

"you can make greenlawn or northport in a matter of a few minutes (just don't get stuck behind gpsma) ... one of my employees lives on elwood by the E section and it doesn't take her long to get to the train"

Interesting... and if I saw Gpsma on the road, I'd surely give him a proper salute!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:20 PM

180 posts, read 604,265 times
Thats elwood not ENPT...yo

Old 01-15-2011, 12:51 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,514,699 times
Also it is known colloquially as the "E-L section."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: