Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:09 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
pequadude, may I help you there?

TJ's first post was on 04-05-2011, 12:55 PM, and as a fact, was directed at you. The only changes that I'm seeing between you and he, are the scores.
He signed on in April, tho you signed on in January. Make your own analysis pequadude, look at the number of posts that TJ has issued, compare his rep points
to the number of posts and make your own deduction as to the big difference between the two of you. For some of the people about here, it's more a matter
of striving to put out quality posts, that isn't to say or to intimate that you are devoid of merit, it's closer to making the differentiation between thoughtful and
enlightening posts and "bulk filler". Sometimes, it's just as simple as entertaining others, complimenting them where you feel it is in order and not being contentious
where it isn't necessary. I see and appreciate your eagerness to continue posting but I clearly understand your reason for struggling so hard to succeed, but not
really cutting the muster, and as always, I want to give you my candid advice, moreso, my honest opinion, tighten up your game, dude...

I'm showing this love...not because of the kind words he directed towards me. Not because of his sage advice to pequadude...but because for the first time in I don't know how long, being on multiple message boards and speaking to scores of people daily....someone said "cutting the muster" instead of "cutting the mustard".

I actually have a glimmer of hope in my heart having read those three little words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequadude View Post
what is your first post in here?

Please, kind sir, point me to one rumor I've spread. I may poke fun at your beloved Cablevision, but those are in fact based on my own (not isolated based on others posts) experiences. So even they are not misinformation.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:01 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
... For some of the people about here, it's more a matter
of striving to put out quality posts, that isn't to say or to intimate that you are devoid of merit...
Adding to that, without pointing fingers: some posters are all over CD amassing rep from a larger population. Not that all their posts are quality; they might be amusing and a more generous member gave a rep instead of an LOL.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Adding to that, without pointing fingers: some posters are all over CD amassing rep from a larger population. Not that all their posts are quality; they might be amusing and a more generous member gave a rep instead of an LOL.

Uh-oh....did I do a bad thing?

Old 05-10-2011, 08:32 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,974,680 times
you need to find a niche and fill it. start posting useless locale information, it's instant rep.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
you need to find a niche and fill it. start posting useless locale information, it's instant rep.

Okay, I'm as lost as a Cablevision customer trying to use the internet....

What are you two talking about?

Old 05-10-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Okay, I'm as lost as a Cablevision customer trying to use the internet....

What are you two talking about?
I was talking to LIEddie with regard to someone's rep not always being a reliable indicator of the quality of one's posts.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I was talking to LIEddie with regard to someone's rep not always being a reliable indicator of the quality of one's posts.

Steps away from the possible cross fire.....

Old 05-10-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Steps away from the possible cross fire.....
No crossfire. Some posts do get repped for humor -- something funny isn't always a quality post. Some C-D forums have members who are more generous with their rep, too. Your rep to post ratio is good -- which is what LIE was pointing out. What I wrote was not intended toward you at all -- hence no pointing fingers -- but was a general comment.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
No crossfire. Some posts do get repped for humor -- something funny isn't always a quality post. Some C-D forums have members who are more generous with their rep, too. Your rep to post ratio is good -- which is what LIE was pointing out. What I wrote was not intended toward you at all -- hence no pointing fingers -- but was a general comment.

Oh, I actually thought you were casting aspersions to LIE. And I was confused because, with a name like that, I can't imagine him going onto other C-D forums to get rep.

Oh, my...I am so befuddled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island